Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 16-10-2019, 08:07 PM
waechter418 waechter418 is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 77
 
Mind, imagination & consciousness play a major role in humanbeing -
to supplement them with AI is going to impede its selfrealisation quest.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 16-10-2019, 11:35 PM
Kioma Kioma is offline
Guide
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Pacific Northwest, USA
Posts: 718
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by waechter418
Mind, imagination & consciousness play a major role in humanbeing -
to supplement them with AI is going to impede its selfrealisation quest.
I didn't mean to imply the human mind would be supplemented by AI, but since you bring it up - why would such supplementation impede 'selfrealisation'?
__________________


Willing to experience aloneness,
I discover connection everywhere;

Turning to face my fear,
I meet the warrior who lives within me;

Opening to my loss and pain and ignorance,
I remember who I am and what I'm here for.

Surrendering into emptiness,
I find fullness without end.

Each condition I flee from pursues me,
Each condition I welcome transforms me

and becomes itself transformed
into the blessing it always was.

~Jennifer Welwood~
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 17-10-2019, 04:42 AM
waechter418 waechter418 is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 77
 
Self is the vessel of All and thus hidden in it.

It is contra productive to search for Self as its space/time is here/now – nor is it to be subjected to the feedback-mechanism of the intellect, or otherwise constrained – but wholeheartedly (mindedly) embraced.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 17-10-2019, 03:44 PM
Kioma Kioma is offline
Guide
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The Pacific Northwest, USA
Posts: 718
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by waechter418
Self is the vessel of All and thus hidden in it.

It is contra productive to search for Self as its space/time is here/now – nor is it to be subjected to the feedback-mechanism of the intellect, or otherwise constrained – but wholeheartedly (mindedly) embraced.
You comment suggests the mind is static, however it's continuous evolution has been continuous self-transcendence. It is in this way that 'self' is realized.

To insist on an a priori definition, action or condition can only constrain.
__________________


Willing to experience aloneness,
I discover connection everywhere;

Turning to face my fear,
I meet the warrior who lives within me;

Opening to my loss and pain and ignorance,
I remember who I am and what I'm here for.

Surrendering into emptiness,
I find fullness without end.

Each condition I flee from pursues me,
Each condition I welcome transforms me

and becomes itself transformed
into the blessing it always was.

~Jennifer Welwood~
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 18-10-2019, 04:30 AM
waechter418 waechter418 is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 77
 
The Self i have in mind is a relative of the Hindu Atman.
Acording to "Berclays religious research Centre", Atman is a person’s true self, which is infused with or is entirely coterminous with the universal spirit of Brahman, thus lying beyond the phenomenal, changing reality we perceive. It is vaguely similar to the Western concept of the soul, as each person “possesses” or partakes of the atman, but it differs from a soul in that the atman is not entirely unique to an individual; some Hindus believe that all individual atman are joined to the separate and superior Brahman (the dualistic view), and others believe that each individual atman is Brahman itself (the non-dual view).
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 24-10-2019, 11:03 AM
MAYA EL MAYA EL is offline
Knower
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 139
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by waechter418
The Self i have in mind is a relative of the Hindu Atman.
Acording to "Berclays religious research Centre", Atman is a person’s true self, which is infused with or is entirely coterminous with the universal spirit of Brahman, thus lying beyond the phenomenal, changing reality we perceive. It is vaguely similar to the Western concept of the soul, as each person “possesses” or partakes of the atman, but it differs from a soul in that the atman is not entirely unique to an individual; some Hindus believe that all individual atman are joined to the separate and superior Brahman (the dualistic view), and others believe that each individual atman is Brahman itself (the non-dual view).
The atman is the root word for atmosphere which is where we get the word air from and this is why it's confusing in the original Hinduism where it speaks about something being shared yet unique yet everywhere yet nowhere it's confusing because they're talking about air the air we breathe if you take the air away from a person their Spirit leaves their body because they die from suffocation we all breathe the air that you can't see air
you can't destroy are air is everywhere everything needs Air/Tech
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums