Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 22-06-2020, 08:27 AM
Master
Goat and other animal yoga.

To be honest I am not into yoga. But do understand why people do it. I have seen many times people doing "goat" yoga and always wondered is it benefitial or is it something that's just "cute" to do?
Old 22-06-2020, 09:22 AM
Master
I'm not sure that the official names are animals, hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about will come along. I've been to a few classes. It can be very beneficial. This is the cow to the cat:

This is just general cat yoga:

Old 22-06-2020, 09:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I'm not sure that the official names are animals, hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about will come along. I've been to a few classes. It can be very beneficial. This is the cow to the cat:

This is just general cat yoga:

this is the goat yoga I am talking about. https://youtu.be/gvj6voiH5S0 hopefully someone do come along to help me out with this one.
Old 22-06-2020, 09:48 AM
Master

oh I see! I think I've seen baby yoga before. I'd say I'd be more of a back massage with those little hooves digging in.
Old 22-06-2020, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs

oh I see! I think I've seen baby yoga before. I'd say I'd be more of a back massage with those little hooves digging in.
I would almost think it would be distracting. I can see how it can be cute to some. I would be playing with the goats more than anything. But I don't know enough about yoga.
Old 22-06-2020, 05:37 PM
Master
Looking at it now. I've never heard of a goat pose, but it looks like some people do yoga whilst having goats on their backs. Looks like another phenomenon created by the Instagram culture. Oh well.. if the goats don't mind then who cares..
Old 22-06-2020, 09:54 PM
Master
I can see it being a distraction. I don't want any animals jumping on my back with the chance of them $hiting or pi$$ing on me while i'm trying to do a yoga pose. Not cool.

It would be neat if they have yoga in a very large pool (Olympic size) and fill it sharks and they can call it shark yoga. I think i would do that one. Seems safer.
Old 23-06-2020, 08:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I can see it being a distraction. I don't want any animals jumping on my back with the chance of them $hiting or pi$$ing on me while i'm trying to do a yoga pose. Not cool.

It would be neat if they have yoga in a very large pool (Olympic size) and fill it sharks and they can call it shark yoga. I think i would do that one. Seems safer.

Well herbivore poo isn't too dirty most of the times so that's bearable. Better that than cat poo, lol..

Shark yoga sounds rather interesting. If you can make peace with a shark you could be an advanced yogi!
Old 23-06-2020, 09:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair

Shark yoga sounds rather interesting. If you can make peace with a shark you could be an advanced yogi!

Better hope the shark has also made peace with me.
Old 15-07-2020, 08:37 PM
Newbie ;)

I think it's just a cute thing to do lol. Animals seem to enjoy seeing their hooman get on their level and probably wonder what's going on. My cat used to get on my back during child's pose. When I would do a hatha practice at my friend's house, all 4 of her cats would come out and stare at me. Dogs love to roll underneathe you in down dog haha. Goats look kinda fun.