Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 30-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Mimers2

Cat Candle Burning

Hello everyone! I have a question about candle burning and was not quite sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, so hopefully someone knows.

Lately I have been getting a lot of bad luck. I have had 2 car accidents this month, one was my fault but no one else was involved and I damaged my back bumper (at least I didn't hit another person, just small pole), and the other incident was when my friend and I are carpooling to work in his car, we got hit in the rear at a stop light. (Apparently the driver at fault said that his brakes suddenly stopped working). So now my neck and shoulders are in pain until I can get some treatment.

My car's battery suddenly stopped working when I was out doing errands, which was the perfect timing when I was stuck in a drive-thru.

My dad and his friends were robbed at gun point in front of his friend's house the day before my car battery died.

Just bad luck overall. So I went to a metaphysical store and decided to burn some candles. My friends and I think that somehow I am attracting dark energy which is causing bad things to happen around me. My mom who is very superstitious says that the month of August is considered "Ghost month" according to the chinese superstition. The weird thing was the start of the ghost month was when I got into my first car accident to a pole. She says that ghosts are allowed to only roam the living world for a month so they like to cause misfortune and chaos among the living.

Usually I am not very superstitious but for some reason, I just have not been feeling very safe. So after reading the descriptions of candle colors and their meanings I bought a lot of white and 2 black candles. According to the description, black candles are suppose to absorb dark energy and destroys it. After burning a black and a white candle, my friend tells me that black candles are dangerous because it can attract or dispel negative energies.

After hearing that, I am a little scared and worried about my safety. Can anyone please give me your guidance about black candles and whether it helps absorb negativity and dark energies? I have looked for info online everywhere and some would say it is bad, and some would say it is good. I am not sure what I should believe in.
Old 13-11-2013, 04:20 AM
Starr

Your friend is yanking your chain.

Every year the local supermarket stocks black candles for Halloween. None of the people who get those and burn them just for seasonal decor suddenly become jinxed. How much less so if you carve, dress and burn it with the intent that it GET RID OF evil?

As for the stuff that's been happening, though, I don't think just burning candles alone is going to get rid of it. If it's that bad, it requires a multi-pronged attack: candles, prayers/mantras, protective amulets, condition oils, the works.

Additionally, good deeds help turn this stuff around. Donating to the poor, helping animals, etc.

Google some Feng Shui info and look around your home. Don't worry about getting everything perfect or purchasing a fortune's worth of Chinese cures, but do see if there's any major problems and remedy them.

Good luck.