Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Master
The Inner Sound Current

THE INNER SOUND CURRENT

“The knower of the mystery of the Sound knows the mystery of the whole Universe.”

- Hazrat Inayat Khan

Sound is the most primal expression of energy in all forms and in all dimensions.

The universe consists of energy waves or currents or vibrations which we may perceive as sound frequencies. These move from the highest spiritual creative planes, to the lower mental planes, down to the densest material planes.

Just as sound vibrations descend in creation and manifestation of the lower worlds, we may also follow them upward into the higher spiritual dimensions of consciousness.

In spiritual practices - called Shabda or Nada-Yoga or Listening to the Inner Sound Current - one focuses their attention on these non-physical sounds which have spiritually transforming power. Our disturbed and distorted human energies and perceptions gradually become harmonized, aligned and balanced and our consciousness expands.

These non-physical sounds sometimes occur spontaneously during early stages of out-of-body experiences, along with feeling vibrations or seeing light visions. In addition one may listen to the sounds as a meditation practice.

Hearing non-physical sounds is related to the Third Eye, which can see non-physical light and color, and has intuitive sensing beyond the reasoning mind.

Most often we begin by hearing these non-physical sounds in the right ear, so paying attention there assists us in noticing them. They may sound like ringing or buzzing tones, or sounds of nature, or bells, or violins, flutes or horns, or wind, ocean waves or thunder, or rarely the "Om". At advanced levels various sounds and ranges may be heard simultaneously.

Just relax and listen...

An excellent, clearly written book on the subject is "The Ringing Sound" by Erik Gustafson.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 02-10-2010 at 05:46 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Master
Inner Sound Meditation

Our attention easily becomes absorbed in sound. This is why we all enjoy listening to music... when the mind is fully concentrated on anything there arises a feeling of inner calm. Inner listening practice gets away from the struggle to stop our excessively thinking mind.

A few years ago I began a daily practice of paying attention in the inner sound current along with my breathing. I found it easily drew me more deeply within, and further yet into the boundless Silence... and my spiritual progress quickened considerably.

As you go on you may begin to feel the sound vibrations subtly in various areas of your body and energy systems, which is a deepening of your awareness.

One spiritual master says...

Sound vibrates within all life and sustains the whole universe. It is all-powerful and all Love.

It is because we are made of this Sound that contact with it brings peace and contentment to our hearts. These inner tones can heal all wounds, fulfill all desires and quench all worldly thirst.

After listening to this Sound for some time our whole being is changed; our entire outlook on life is greatly altered for the better.

blessings,
Xan

Last edited by Xan : 02-10-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:16 AM
Master
Frequency + Intention = Healing

Intention motivates energy direction. While listening to the nonphysical sound current, or while chanting pure "sacred" sounds and mantras, one's clear intention along with the power of sound frequencies has penetrating effects.

Chanting high frequency sounds such as harmonics or overtones charges the cortex of the brain and stimulates health and wellness. These are found in many shamanic and mystical traditions, particularly Tibetan Buddhism and Mongolian Shamanism. Listening to recordings of these highly skilled chanters can be a transformational practice. Solfeggio tones may have a similar effect.

Many of the sacred rhythms of certain aboriginal cultures employ at their center the beating of the heart which we may entrain and match by hearing and feeling our own heart beat. The poly-rhythmic sounds of the primal music of Native American, African, Balinese and many other cultures can put us into a creative, visionary, 'dreaming true', alpha or theta trance state.

Toning is the practice of allowing one's voice to express fully and spontaneously through a range of non-verbal vowel tones. Through these sounds an extraordinary resonance occurs in the body and brain for physical healing and emotional well-being. When one focuses in becoming one with the tones, the results for elevated consciousness are extraordinary.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 02-10-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old 28-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Master
bringing this up...

Old 28-10-2010, 04:49 PM
DulcePoetica

This is something I have actually been thinking about lately. I feel a great curiosity about what might happen if I began vocalizing during my meditation. I have been learning about the chakras, and many schools of thought associate a musical note with each chakra. Is this tonal association metaphorical, or is there a science behind it?

I'm curious if humming a certain pitch might provide extra support to chakra balancing endeavors.

I'd really like to learn more about it, do you know where I might find more specifics?
Old 30-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Master
Ah yes, Dulce... There's quite a lot around now about sound healing and energy work. Jonathan Goldman is one to look into, and there are many other books and CD's available on the subject.

Xan

Old 01-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Racer X

I thought it was coming from my engine but my ignition was off.

lol~

Yes.......

The Ringing Sound by Eric Gustafson is a book which those who hear it, should read it.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
steph45

Thanks have ordered this book off amazon....it as mixed reviews so will read it myself & see what this chap as to say on the subject
Old 01-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Master
Yes Racer... Gustafson's book is excellent.

Steph... The sound and vibrations you experience are non-physical energies within and around us. They are always going on, yet we only begin to notice them as we become more aware in spiritual awakening.

Although understanding is helpful in the beginning - and reading that book will help - the real benefit comes from simply listening to the sounds and feeling the vibrations... with conscious breathing. Since I began this inner listening practice my spiritual progress has sped up, and I keep discovering more subtle spiritual vibrations and feelings.

Here's a simple meditation practice that takes one beyond the chattering mind and into the quietness within: Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3680

Xan

Old 03-11-2010, 08:06 AM
steph45

I came across this book......"The Audible Life Stream"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Audible-Life...8770489&sr=8-1

And this...

http://soundcurrentrider.com/SoundCurrent.html

Last edited by steph45 : 04-11-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Closed Thread