Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 AM
res

Im not sure you can give reiki for free as you always gain experience even when no money is exchanged. From personal experience i believe that we should charge according to the situation. Some will take advantage of your time if you offer it for free though others that are not very well off will appreciate the favour and pay it forward in some way maybe. Time you spend on others is time that you are taking away from yourself or your family and to me it is worth something. The energy is free but your time is limited and precious.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:22 PM
shifty123

What you may want to do. When reading a newspaper, fb. If it comes up that someone isn't feeling well. Even if you dont know them personally. Send them a healing reiki. Afterwards you may want to inform them of what you did. Via pm if possible.

Even if they don't acknowledge you. You've done something nice for someone. That is what this is all about.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Master

The only time money is an issue is when you get it in your head that it's an issue. For me, I don't believe people should pay to be healthy, in fact I researched how to attune people and they can all do it themselves and learn everything from their higher selves. I don't care for a certificate, if it heals better, it's doing it's job. I've been healing for years now and just decided to jump in the bandwagon with Reiki, to watch people use it to get money. That's not the purpose of healing, the purpose of healing is to gift and care for others, to spread knowledge and abilities so all can heal, take care of each other. While I'm here, I'll throw out there that I will attune anyone seeking attunement for reiki, free and can link you to some websites to guide you from there. :) entering the minefield is a heavy charge, but if you know where the bombs are, you can avoid touching them -the money :P
Old 08-06-2012, 09:31 AM
res

Ill jump in on this and share that you dont need to be attuned to the system known as "reiki" to be able to heal either. You can do it now as you are already interacting with the universe on an energetic level. If you want to learn someone elses techniques they may charge you but you can be a pioneer and find your own ways to concentrate your energy toward others. Try by giving a person a hug and really mean it and you are on your way.

The attunement is only a minor part and is the training that is of the most importance.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Master

I am going to have to disagree with you res, because the attunement preps you, and opens you. But to attune to something all you have to do is ask yourself to, and it happens. Training gets you there but I've noticed nothing is like being attuned by your higher self or another level of yourself. Once you get the attunement from your higher self, often you know everything intuitively and just have to pick up on it. The first day I tapped Reiki, I also practiced with it and some symbol appeared while I was healing. When I looked up the Reiki symbols, it was identical to the power symbol.
We already have the knowledge, all we have to do is attune ourselves to it gradually and we have better conscious knowledge of it. Everything is stored in the energy fields, and our mind. When somethings comes to us, practice becomes more like an inquery, like me doing research and finding answers. But if we attune ourselves to it, we tap the tip of the iceburg, further attunements allow other knowledge and abilities to occur and open up for us as we begin to part the water, the bottomless well, and dwelve deeper in the waters we have information, that otherwise we would not, and we are able to fully tap it if we ask.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:15 AM
res

I can agree with you shaddeddragon. I think some people are not aware that the word "Reiki" is japanese for "command the spirit". The Word Reiki is connected to the work that Usui practiced and if it is a persons intention to follow in the tradition of usui's work and any channeled information from him then Usui's Reiki attunement may be for them.

As you now we are all connected to the universal life energy (spirit) and Usui's processes are not the only way to become a channel for the energy and be able to heal others. All we need is to lay the intention to pursue the healing journey and we are on our way to our own personal version of commanding the spirt. Thats what i feel anyway
Old 10-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
I can agree with you shaddeddragon. I think some people are not aware that the word "Reiki" is japanese for "command the spirit". The Word Reiki is connected to the work that Usui practiced and if it is a persons intention to follow in the tradition of usui's work and any channeled information from him then Usui's Reiki attunement may be for them.

As you now we are all connected to the universal life energy (spirit) and Usui's processes are not the only way to become a channel for the energy and be able to heal others. All we need is to lay the intention to pursue the healing journey and we are on our way to our own personal version of commanding the spirt. Thats what i feel anyway
I agree I didn't know that was what Reiki meant though so thanks for sharing!

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 27-06-2012, 01:49 AM
EmergingPath

I posted a similar reply to a different message. Here is my perspective for what its worth.

I do get that some people dont charge for their services. That is their right

I list all the prices for all of my services and classes. Those that can afford to pay (will explain "pay") do pay. I also have donated many classes and Reiki sessions to Hospice staff and volunteers, and I "exchange" classes and services with them for their promise to volunteer x hours at a hospital, communitity project, etc. If they dont wish to do that then I will charge them cash.

Having said that I have provided many services free of charge in one on one sessions as well as Reiki circles, introductory meditation classes, etc. I have prices, exchange hours and donation and deal with everyone on a case by case basis,

I do not "need" the money received from these services and in every case that I can ever recall having received cash I have donated it.

And here is the reson I "charge": For good or for bad people do place a value on what they get. "Generally" most will place less value on things that are free, more value is placed on those that are paid for with cash and even more is placed on those that are earned through volunteering or helping others or "paying it forward" as I have heard others say.

If you place no value on what you do no one else will either. You dont have to profit from your service but, in my opinion, you should charge, be it cash, time or barter.

If you are doing this as a part time income business then that is great. Regarding the price, it is what the market will bear, typically from $35 to $100 an hour depending upon where you are, the supply of Reiki, demand, atmosphere and clientel.

Just my opinion
Old 27-06-2012, 01:55 AM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by res

While I can agree with much of what you say res regarding the connectedness of all energy, I would like to clarify the exact definition of Reiki as it does not mean "command the spirit" in Japanese.

Reiki is made up of two Japanese words rei, which means "universal spirit" and ki, which means "life-force".

Old 27-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Reikichris

The giving of reiki makes changes in both the 'healer' and the client - while it is important to deal with the needs of the client (paramount in fact) is is still relevant to consider what changes occur to the healer if the charge or do not charge. This is also the healer's journey, and that should never be forgotten.

love
chris