Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-08-2019, 02:55 AM
Pathfinder
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
things could be a heck of a lot worse, you could be her!
maybe you did the right thing in not saying anything
there's this scripture that is just oddly appealing to me

"we take no interest in them when they malign us. And we ignore them when they curse us. When they cast shame in our face, we look at them and do not speak. For they work at their business, but we go about in hunger and in thirst, looking toward our dwelling-place, the place which our conduct and our conscience look toward, not clinging to the things which have come into being, but withdrawing from them. Our hearts are set on the things that exist, though we are ill and feeble and in pain. But there is a great strength hidden within us."

That is a beautiful scripture~
Old 03-08-2019, 03:37 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyCat
Very good point!! (^__^) Since it's been a little while since that happened with the lady, I'm able to giggle it the craziness of the whole thing, now!

Sometimes, on my way to work, I murmur that line from T.S. Eliot,

"Teach me to care and not to care,
Teach me to be still."

When we recognize our strength in our core being we can
stand firm in Love and not be moved.

We can recognize others may not even know what they are
and may have been twisted and hardened by life instead of growing
strong in the Love of Life.

I am glad to see your being strengthened by stillness.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyCat
So, I had a bit of a bad experience with a customer ...
Maybe the customer was in a playful mood, and you being tired and overwhelmed just misheard her words and misinterpreted her attitude. It happened to me, on both sides.

Now, to go so far and connect that unfortunate situation to Christians (even with the disclaimer you gave) is a stretch that might offend some momentarily tired and overwhelmed Christians. That's how situations can get blown out of proportions and out of hand.

You know how some people recommend "unconditional love" ...

I recently read Tara Springett's "The Five-Minute Miracle Discover the Personal Healing Symbols that Will Solve Your Problems". I recommend it!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:05 PM
I love basil.
Anyhoo...Christians should have after their names..''Drive with caution Christian In-Training".

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Administrator
When I left school at 16 I worked on a provision counter in a supermarket,i was only there whilst waiting for my checks to go through, I am a carer I have always looked after others,
I was working late one day and a group of people came in all dressed up demanding I open certain packets of cheese and meat for them to try.i refused the language that came out of their mouths was awful.
it turned out that they were people with money.and were not used to hearing the word no.
A couple of months later I had finished in the supermarket and was working in a home I was caring for this elderly lady she was so appreciative of everything I did for her she was a joy.her daughter came in to see her the next day she looked at me and put her head down.she was full of remorse it turned out she was one of the group of people that I refused whilst working in the supermarket.
her mother turned to her daughter and said to her I keep telling you always treat people as you would want to be treated yourself.

Namaste
Old 10-08-2019, 09:58 PM
Pathfinder
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
A couple of months later I had finished in the supermarket and was working in a home I was caring for this elderly lady she was so appreciative of everything I did for her she was a joy.her daughter came in to see her the next day she looked at me and put her head down.she was full of remorse it turned out she was one of the group of people that I refused whilst working in the supermarket.
her mother turned to her daughter and said to her I keep telling you always treat people as you would want to be treated yourself.

Namaste

Thank you for sharing this beautiful experience with me!

I think that was definitely karma, finding it's way to the daughter in that situation. And I am so sorry those people behaved that way towards you! I've experienced lots of the same stuff, myself. Lots of entitled individuals who forget that those in retail are human, as well!