Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 08-01-2019, 03:32 AM
Pathfinder

Would you think our place is haunted?

Quick History of house: A man had built this house 31 years ago, had a stroke in house, passed away in hospital two years later. The girl who live with him had nothing in her name and went to court to sell it to us.

So from what I have heard from neighbors, the man who lived here was not nice. And what I mean by that I think he was mentally abusive and controlling. He never left anything to his gf of 27 years and she was burdened with a lot of **** when he had his stroke.

Anyways, when we bought the place it seemed like a normal house. We renovated it and nothing happened until two weeks later when we brought my dogs home.

I went to work one morning and when I came home I could smell a floral perfume. My first reaction was, we never changed our locks and I thought maybe someone stopped in who still had a key. So I was pretty ticked off. I called my fiancé to ask him to pick up some new locks cause I was sure we had a visitor. He said that he smelled it when he got up this morning to go to work at 5 AM. He thought it was laundry detergent. I said no, that is perfume. My laundry detergent doesn't smell that floral and why did I only smell it when I came home from work?

So after that, I caught myself waking up twice talking to someone. I thought that was strange. I mean there is always a first for something but I have never woke up talking to a someone.

Another morning, my fiancé had gotten up to go to work and I remember thinking he had let my dogs out of the mudroom. I could hear the one pace back and forth down the hallway and I could even hear her nails clicking on the floor. But then I heard a strange growl in my room and woke up to find that the dogs were still in the mudroom and all the lights were shut off. I called my fiancé and he said he never let them out.

We had issues outside with doors opening at night. Firstly we thought maybe someone was coming onto our property but nothing ever went missing. And it was always random doors too. One set of doors only could open from the inside of the shop was open one morning.

So one day coming home for lunch after I told my friend about all of this, I opened the door to the kitchen and I heard a very loud bang/pop. She told me I should get this place blessed because it sounded like a haunting. So I convinced my man and he reluctantly agreed to it. He didn't believe that our house is haunted and that I watched too many horror movies. (Which is true)

After he agreed, everything went quiet til the next summer. We heard a loud bang and crash and came into our living room to see our dog who was sleeping on the couch had fallen off, cushions and all. She seemed very confused and didn't go on the couch for a while. We think she may have rolled off in her sleep.

Another day I had woken up in sheer terror. I had such a dreadful feeling that something bad happened or I was going to get terrible news. I called my mom and she told me that everything was okay. I told her it felt like someone had just committed suicide and it felt like I knew them.

Then, I woke up one night hearing voices in our house. Before I panicked I told myself that I may be coming out of a dream. After a min I still could hear them and when I moved the voices stopped.

Then recently, during hunting season my fiancé left early in the morning and I was just about to fall back asleep when I heard the doorbell ring. I got up and looked outside and no one was home but there was a smiley face in snow on the railing of our deck. He said it was there when he went outside.

So today, I came home from work and was sitting on the couch when I heard something like the front door open and close. I thought my man was home cause its a ****** windy day. I got up and looked but no one was here and my dog was confused AF. I looked around and saw nothing. So I had taken off to a friends house and when my man got home he texted me asking why the kitchen window was open. I never opened it and the latches were up. I told him they weren't like that when I left. He thinks that the wind had opened the window. I have been home for three hours and the wind has no reopened the window.

There is a part of me that thinks something is going on but another part of me that thinks I am being irrational. Looking up hauntings on the internet totally debunks what's going on in my house.

I googled floral scents and hauntings and it pointed to a demonic haunting but we got nothing else going on. My dogs aren't acting strange nor are we hearing strange sounds like scratches or knocking on walls.

We have some crosses in the house that have not been disturbed and we haven't smelled anything other then the perfume the one day.

I did recently find out that our one neighbor sometimes runs outside in the night screaming. I know he isn't well so I'm not sure why he does it. I think I heard him once or twice outside doing chores at night but nothing else.

What do you think?
Old 08-01-2019, 08:20 PM
Master
As someone that used to live in an old haunted house for many years, things going on about your house sound like it could be residual energy left over from the previous occupants, possibly. The only thing is you mentioned that your dogs aren't acting strange. Usually animals are the most sensitive and pick up on the spirit world faster than their owners. I would trust your gut instincts on your home. Sounds like you believe there is paranormal activity.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Experiencer
I love haunted places, but can't stay in them for long period of time.
The way you describe it, something is going on. Can't tell what.
If you allow, i would visit it sometimes, in my thoughts. Maybe something shows up.

But it is sure thing, if i would sell a house and something strange would be happening, i would never tell about it

It is not that it is connected to previous owner, maybe it can be location, or environment or just fate, something else. I can't never tell what it is until it shows up. So..
Old 09-01-2019, 01:56 AM
Pathfinder

My thought too was residual energy left behind. I have heard he was not a nice person. I looked it up and did a test with water in a glass and something else and nothing came up.

I have thought maybe it’s him and he’s a little flustered or still living his life in the house.

Well I shouldn’t say my dogs aren’t picking up on something. There are some instances when we do come home and the big dog acts all panicked but sometimes I think something spooks her like a bird hitting the window or maybe she knocked something down like the broom.

And to mihael_11 I do give you permission to allow it to show up in your thoughts. Someone else suggested on another site to use sage so I’ll look for that to smudge.

Previous owners didn’t do any occult or Wiccan practices that I know of. I was thinking of putting our trail cam up but I’m scared to see what’s on it lol
Old 09-01-2019, 06:25 AM
Experiencer
Thanks for permission, but i get in my dreams, that whatever it is, it is none of my business.

Only what i can say is, that you don't need to do practices to create something like that. Sometimes it just come, by being who you are.

Hope it doesn't means too much trouble to you.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:25 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks and yeah it could just be the old man who won’t let go or left over energy.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Guide
It seems like something is still attached to the house and doesn't want to leave. Sometimes they still want to claim something where they once were happy and can't let go of it. It could be the old man or something else that doesn't want to leave. There's so many possibilities. You could also do a research of the place and where your house is located. Their could be a lot of history there at one time, before the house got built.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:47 PM
Pathfinder

The old man built this house. I’m not too sure if there is much history to this land. He built this place 31 years ago and I don’t think there was anything here before him but I could be wrong. I don’t think any native tribes were around here. The one thing we found odd was the mounds of rocks. They probably cleared land and piled the rocks. Except there isn’t any fields around for half a mile. These are pretty big rocks so I highly doubt it that they hauled them half a mile to pile. There’s two of them.

I started thinking last night. I totally forgot that I did see something when I was a little girl living at my parents but my imagination was extreme. I’ve seen a man with a hyena head at the end of my bed once before I fell asleep. And I remember seeing a Cherubim as well. I remember spinning around in the house and I saw wings outside and the wings were folded. I didn’t know what it was til years later when I came across Pinterest. Weird eh?

Back in my day the internet was just starting up. We had the old dial up I internet. I never did look it up cause I thought it was my imagination. Apparently I was wrong about the imagination part.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:44 AM
Administrator
Hello

It is always a nice idea with any new space you move into to cleanse it or have it cleansed or blessed. As the dogs do not seem to be reacting then there most times in cases like this is not a darker energy in the space. This however is not always the case, all animals are different.

You know of the man that had the house and as he built it he has his sweat and blood invested in it so he could come back to what he built. Too it is not his now....his place is to move on.

Lynn
Old 13-01-2019, 04:54 PM
Master
Nipheliem - The owner of my current house built it himself almost 60 years ago. One day I was stairmastering in the basement and the TV went off, then on, then off, then on. After that a handle on a fireplace wood bag just fell over to the floor. I definitely didn't feel alone at that moment so I left the basement. Weeks later I left the house and when I returned a picture frame that had an old photo of my grandfather in it (when he was a young man) was dismantled. Interestingly he was a masonry and built homes and I often talked about if he was alive how much he would appreciate the architecture of the house I live in.

Every once in a while I'll smell cigarette smoke or lady's perfume. The window treatments appear to be stained from smoke.

I agree with Lynn in that previous owners, whether they built the house of not, don't live there anymore; it's your home. Sometimes those previous owners need to be reminded that they don't belong there any longer.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.