Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 31-10-2012, 06:47 PM
peacegarden

Dissolving general anxiety, fear, ego

Hi ,

I've been looking into EFT, in fact I've gotten hold of the course with Gary Craig. I understand the 'basic' recipe, but I have a few questions. Can we use it to heal in general, to free up our energies, to overcome general negativity and fear, and to gain control over the ego? If so, how do we go about it?

It seems very good if you have a direct fear or phobia, and you can raise your intensity score just by thinking about it, but if you have general fear then it seems a bit trickier to do anything about it. Do we have to wait until our score is raised by certain events to be able to dissolve them?

I don't really have any direct fears, or pains. I have a lot of old memories that hurt a little when they come up, do I work on them one by one? There's lots of them.

I often get unnecessarily anxious, I don't know the route 'thought' but I can feel it in my chest. EFT doesn't seem to do much for that, do I keep doing it everyday or do I have to find the cause?

Also, I don't feel like my 'ego' is cooperating with my spiritual pursuit, in fact at times it seems to gain complete control over me, can I use EFT for that? If so, how?

I feel like my 'negativities' are quite broad, which seems to make it harder. I can't find different aspects so much.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:33 AM
Rin

One taps on what is present now. No need to find a cause or specific event.

There is strictly speaking also no need to use the intensity scale. After a few tries where one has used the SUD's (Subjective Unit of Distress) scale one knows that EFT works. Why does one have to have confirmation all the time?
Secondly, one might want to tap on something which is not even experienced as distress, e.g the cited example of wanting to improve ones golf handicap.

Tap when the anxiety arises. If that is not possible, e.g. while sitting in a bus or train full with people, you can just press on the tapping points. Also remember that there are points on fingers and hands where actual tapping may be done in a relatively unobtrusive way.
Lastly, you can just imagine tapping the points and generate the feeling of tapping.
It all works.

General, broad feelings are likely to need much more tapping than one which has a focused aim.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Master
Can we use it to heal in general, to free up our energies, to overcome general negativity and fear, and to gain control over the ego? If so, how do we go about it?

Yes, we can... but EFT works best when we tap on specific memories, feelings or issues. The subconscious mind and energy flows we are releasing are precise, not global.

I often get unnecessarily anxious, I don't know the route 'thought' but I can feel it in my chest. EFT doesn't seem to do much for that, do I keep doing it everyday or do I have to find the cause?

If your tapping isn't working it's time to look more closely into what you are feeling beneath the surface. Just breathe with the sensation in your chest, then breathe and ease down through to feel what's underneath, and tap on that. Keep going down through the layers.

In my experience, focusing on the feeling and the memory of how and when it began is usually more effective than getting the thought.

peacegarden... We don't use EFT to try to 'control ego', as that sense of false identity is simply a collection of beliefs and feelings about ourselves. Instead, look into those beliefs and feelings and tap thoroughly with each one to release them and open your mind... working gradually through them every day.

Xan

Old 01-11-2012, 08:44 AM
peacegarden

Thanks guys, that's very helpful.

I'll keep tapping away on a daily basis at whatever arises and see where it takes me. It's such a simple procedure.