Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 03-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Hello from Australia.

Hi everyone,

I am truly so grateful to be a part of such a wonderful community with like-minded individuals. I have been a 'guest' on this forum for a few years now. I usually come here for guidance, inspiration or simply some upliftment. Sometimes this path can feel lonely, especially when others in my physical life cannot relate to the experiences I've had. And so, it is nice knowing that there are others out there who have had similar profound mystical experiences - I will elaborate further at some point.

A little about me, let's see, my interests change with my direction through life. I am ever-evolving, like everyone else, and so my predilections and tastes are constantly changing. For instance, I am now into the bright and fun moroccan colours as opposed to basic neutrals. Also, I recently discovered that I have a knack for calligraphy and hand lettering. I'm also wanting to get into hand drumming as I actually sell them.

I work in a spiritually-based shop, we sell everything from crystals to artisan homewares, oracle and tarot cards, natural and organic products, incense, essential oils, musical instruments, sterling silver jewellery - the list goes on. I only started working there mid-2018 and got the job because I knew the owner quite well. I previously worked for his sister-in-law in a gift shop from early-2015 to early-2018. Unfortunately, she had to close down the business. Prior to working there, I actually worked for her parents out on a farm. I started there when I was 16 and did everything from picking, packing, feeding the animals, admin work to driving forklifts. I think I enjoyed hopping on the back of a ute the most. Anyway, I am thankful for the diverse experiences working for this family, and also the staff discounts :)

As for my family, I am a half-caste. My dad is Australian and my mother is Filipino - Not only is there cultural differences between them but a huge generational gap as well, which wasn't always easy growing up with. My dad was 63 and my mum was 27 when they had me. I know. It was a wee bit awkward having a dad who was often mistaken for my grandad. Anyway, there were always conflicts between them but my mum chose to stay with my dad for the children's sake. She sacrificed her own happiness in order to keep our family together and she still remains with him even though my brother and I are grown and we have our own lives. She is devoted to caring for dad though - he is 88 now. She is also losing her eyesight with retinitis pigmentosa so she has experienced quite a lot of hardship throughout her life. She also worked two jobs as my dad was retired by the time we started school.

I believe we choose our family before entering this world and from having these individuals as my parents, I have had many lessons in patience, compassion and acceptance of others. I became a parent myself at the age of 19 to a beautiful girl who is an absolute delight - most of the time. I am no longer with her father though - We were together for 6 years and last year I decided that I wasn't going to live the same life as my mum; being in a loveless relationship for the sake of a unit. In the end, it's always the children who suffer the most and I didn't want our daughter growing up around toxicity. Her father and I are on great terms now though - we're amicable - and I have learnt so much through my relationship with him. Above all, I learnt how to truly value myself.

Moving on, I grew up as a Catholic however when I was able to think for myself, I knew there was something more out there and more to our existence - some deeper truth. I've been on that quest to discover that truth but at the end of the day, I'll never have all the answers. At the moment I am learning about Hermeticism and the teachings of Thoth, and Taoism.

My purpose is to live a balanced life, in all areas. Also, I had a profound experience one morning whilst in a semi-conscious state; I was told I am to 'teach people about a balance'. I still have no idea what that truly entails although I felt guided to study holistic counselling/coaching so that's the path I have chosen. Essentially, I want to help others, help themselves - To create a space within that feels alive and confident so that they can go out into the world in all their magnificence, following their passion and bliss. I also plan on studying more on crystal healing, aromatherapy and feng shui.

Anyway, we've scratched the surface on li'l ol' and if you've made it this far, thank you for your time. To summarize, I'm 25 years old from Queensland, Australia where I am currently baking in this blistering heat. I like the smell of the earth, the touch of waves, the taste of berries, the sight of trees, the sound of laughter and the feeling of being fully alive. Thank you again for allowing me to be apart of this community and thank you to all of you brilliant and thoughtful posters out there. You have helped a stranger feel comfort during times of despair. I am so grateful. I look forward to communicating with you in the threads, and please don't hesitate to swing me a message if you'd like to chat :)

Last edited by Leilani : 03-01-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:08 PM
Master
Greetings Leilani and welcome to SF!

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 04-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Pathfinder
Hi Leilani welcome to the forum!
Old 04-01-2019, 03:30 PM
Master
hi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 05-01-2019, 11:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for the warm welcome :)
Old 06-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Suspended

I am excited too. Thank you!
Old 06-01-2019, 06:23 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks for sharing your story, welcome aboard.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Newbie ;)

Very cool! Welcome, i am new here too