Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 26-10-2018, 05:23 AM
Master
If you had an all-powerful computer

If there was an all-powerful computer which could answer anything or everything, and the human race could ask it only one question, what is the question we should ask, and why?

Last edited by Gem : 26-10-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Old 27-10-2018, 04:14 PM
Suspended
Assuming that this computer was built by humans (& not aliens or something), & considering computers only know what they are programmed to know, I can't imagine that we would need to ask it anything collectively because we would already know everything that the computer knows surely, because we built it.

Last edited by Astro : 27-10-2018 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity
Old 27-10-2018, 05:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
If there was an all-powerful computer which could answer anything or everything, and the human race could ask it only one question, what is the question we should ask, and why?

Why computer, and not God / higher self / spirit guide / higher consciousness / Cosmic forces / ... ?

What you imagine "asking a powerful source of knowledge", I did and do, got and get answers. We already have access to that supreme knowledge.

I asked many questions and I formed a good idea about things I cared to know. I still have such dialogues every time I wonder about something.

The first questions I asked and got answers to where something like:

1. What am I supposed to do in this life? Why am I here?
2. Why do people incarnate? What should they do in this life

From there, other questions and clarifications requests arose. I got answers I trust more than any external source.
Old 28-10-2018, 01:44 AM
Experiencer

It wouldn't be fair to have only one question being made on behalf of all of mankind. What matters to some people doesn't matter to others, we all have different interests and curiosities, live differently and believe in different things.

If only one person was to speak for everyone on the planet and ask something that could somehow be relevant to all, it would have to be something like 'How not to make mistakes?'.

My reasoning is that if humanity stopped making mistakes, and we always arrived at the right solution, everything should be perfect from now on. On the other hand, it would go against the free will of many people, but then some could say 'You heard the computer!'
Old 28-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Master
It can be an all-powerful computer or any other conception of omniscience. But, the rules are still the same. All that matters is humanity gets to ask any question, but only one question, which the omniscient will answer.

Ordnael brings up interesting points. The question 'how not to make any mistakes?' has a flavour of thought of coming up with one question which supercedes all other questions, or IOW, makes other questions superfluous, and that is a good way of coming up with the best question.

But then, this great knowledge's effect on free will, I'm not certain how that applies, but will, knowledge and power - as expressed by Nietzsche as 'the will to power', and re-expressed by Foucault as 'the will to knowledge' - since 'knowledge is power'.
“And do you know what “the world” is to me? Shall I show it to you in my mirror? This world: a monster of energy, without beginning, without end; a firm, iron magnitude of force that does not grow bigger or smaller, that does not expend itself but only transforms itself; as a whole, of unalterable size, a household without expenses or losses, but likewise without increase or income; enclosed by “nothingness” as by a boundary; not something blurry or wasted, not something endlessly extended, but set in a definite space as a definite force, and not a space that might be “empty” here or there, but rather as force throughout, as a play of forces and waves of forces, at the same time one and many, increasing here and at the same time decreasing there; a sea of forces flowing and rushing together, eternally changing, eternally flooding back, with tremendous years of recurrence, with an ebb and a flood of its forms; out of the simplest forms striving toward the most complex, out of the stillest, most rigid, coldest forms striving toward the hottest, most turbulent, most self-contradictory, and then again returning home to the simple out of this abundance, out of the play of contradictions back to the joy of concord, still affirming itself in this uniformity of its courses and its years, blessing itself as that which must return eternally, as a becoming that knows no satiety, no disgust, no weariness: this, my Dionysian world of the eternally self- creating, the eternally self-destroying, this mystery world of the twofold voluptuous delight, my “beyond good and evil,” without goal, unless the joy of the circle is itself a goal; without will, unless a ring feels good will toward itself— do you want a name for this world? A solution for all of its riddles? A light for you, too, you best-concealed, strongest, most intrepid, most midnightly men?— This world is the will to power—and nothing besides! And you yourselves are also this will to power—and nothing besides!”

~
Nietzsche

Perhaps we should abandon the belief that power makes mad and that, by the same token, the renunciation of power is one of the conditions of knowledge. We should admit rather that power produces knowledge (and not
simply by encouraging it because it serves power or by applying it because it is useful); that power and knowledge directly imply one another; that there is no power relation without the correlative constitution of a field of knowledge, nor any knowledge that doe not presuppose and constitute at the same time power relations.

~
Foucault
There is something deeper, much more, for the omniscient with all knowledge exerts no will. Whereas man, so indecisive in their comparative ignorance, vies to know but one thing...
Old 28-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Angel1 Photonic Constant?

What is the mechanism of action, that, allows EMRadiation { photon } appear as the same constant speed, to all observers, irrespective of their speed toward, or away from the photon { EMRadiation }?

Why is EMRadiation a constant to all observers?

Why doesnt the observed speed of radiation change when the observer moves?

Why are maxwells equations invariant irrespective of the frame of reference?

Why is speed of EMRadiation a constant, no matter what?

These are all the same question, posed in various ways.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 28-10-2018, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

So many, especially with a strong religious faith, claim humans go to a higher realm of existence after this physical life comes to an end. Many spiritual leaders claim human reincarnate to work out karmic debt.

I've read countless books on journeying into the tunnel of light toward a place called Heaven where relatives and pets greet us. I've also read countless books on past life memories. I can't say for certain that I believe 100% in either theory because, quite honestly, how could I possibly know unless I've been there? I know the whole "we're spiritual beings having a physical life experience," which I believe Wayne Dyer often wrote in various books. If that is true, why are so many people afraid of death? I think they are afraid of the great unknown really.

So my one question, that has tugged at me since childhood, is what really happens to a human being after this physical life comes to an end?
Old 28-10-2018, 06:01 PM
Suspended
Now that we have established that this is about omniscience I'll have to give it more thought.
Old 28-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Kioma

I would just have to ask it - Why only one question?

Seems like a cruel limitation to me.

Last edited by Kioma : 28-10-2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:53 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color { * i * } > { * * } > { * } > { ___ } >

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
So my one question, that has tugged at me since childhood, is what really happens to a human being after this physical life comes to an end?

Biological/soul life exists via syntropy. The formula for entropy of a black holes is entroppy { S } = Area divided / by 4. See four bisecting hexagonal planes of a spherical cubo{6}octa{8}hedron surface area are equal to the ourter { event horizons } surfrace area.

All fermionic matter decays ---comes apart/disintegrates--- via entropy and at becomes EMRadiation or on single and very large photon of lowest { longest wave length } frequency, ergo death of body results in complex bilateral consciousness activity ceasing.

The synergetically, more complex relationship between molecules cease to operate as a wholistic biological whole and those molecules become a simple base of energy-as-food for onset of transformation of increase in bacteria living off the decaying matter.

Think of this way, there are aspects of our sleep where our bodies are in state of paralysis and we have will have no memories of dreams or any brain activity.

Death of brain/body is no differrent.

Worrying about the moments of death, heart, brain electrical neural systems spasming/shaking straining to find oxygen ergo violence and pain is what people imagine may be the end.

{ * i * } > { * * } > { * } > { ___ } > bacteria takes over the show

We could say our biological soul becomes bacteria.

In Fred Hoyles 1990's book, The Intelligent Universe, he points out, that, bacteria, if left unchecked proliferate so rapidly that there total mass would equal the mass of the known Universe { 1990's} with 6 months, if left unchecked.

..."The new kingdoms -- of bacteria-- would be true bacteria, Eubacteria, and ancient bacteria, Archaebacteria, that today survive in extreme environments. Some suggest a new phylogenetic division known as domains or superkingdoms, because the Archaebacteria are so distinct, they could be split into three kingdoms of their own: Crenarchaeota, the thermophilic bacteria; Euryarchaeota, halophilic and methanogenic bacteria; and Korarchaeota, found in hot springs.:...

https://sciencing.com/major-types-bacteria-6457976.html

Bacteria come in three primary shapes;

cylindrical,
capasule,
spiral

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman