Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 16-02-2011, 01:29 AM
psrudrapatna

Significance of Dhwaja Sthamba

I am a follower of a spiritual Guru - Shri Shri Nimishananda. During one the question and answer sessions with Him, one of the devotees asked Him - Pujya Guruji, what is the significance of Dhwaja Sthamba or Garudagamba – the sacred flag post outside the main door of the temple?

Pujya Guruji replied:
"Just like the television station transmits signals to various televisions through antennas, the grace and blessings of the deity in the temple are transmitted to the whole world through the antenna called the flag post (Dhwaja Sthamba). When the consciousness is infused into the deity during the Kumbhabhisheka – called as the consecration ceremony of the temple - the same consciousness is also permeated into the flag post (Dhwaja Sthamba). When this is done, from a mere stone idol, the deity becomes the very fount of cosmic energy. This energy is reflected onto the sacred flag post (Dhwaja Sthamba), which stands directly opposite the deity, and is transmitted to the entire cosmos itself."
Old 16-02-2011, 02:34 AM
Gracey

thanks for sharing
Old 16-02-2011, 04:13 AM
sumitkumarpandit

Thanks for sharing. I wanna share this with many others through my blog sumitpandit.in . May I? I hope you shouldn't have any objection as this is for world's good.
Old 17-02-2011, 12:40 AM
psrudrapatna

sure of course.. knowledge is meant to be shared.. so why not! i will keep posting more such interesting question and answers.
Old 17-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Gracey

sweet, look forward to reading them
Old 07-03-2011, 11:52 AM
murugan

Thanks for sharing psrudrapatna. And I will post this in my blogs to let my friends know about this explanation.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:53 AM
s0ultraveller

Thank you.

I read about it in the following link, which has scientific explaination.