Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 04-01-2012, 08:47 PM
wishingonastar

how do you know when you have a lucid dream???

i know this sound silly but what is the difference?

i always remember my dreams and i dream in colour...i have very odd dreams

last night i dreamt about my old cat who died in april and when i was lying in bed in my dream i was convinced there was a ghost that sat on my legs but i had to convince everyone that it was!?!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Guide
You know you are lucid dreaming because you are aware of it when you are dreaming. You know what is happening isn't real.

When I lucid dream, it's usually because I am visiting a familiar place and something will suddenly feel off. Something is out of place. I will then come to the realization that I am in fact in a dream state and nothing is real. Sometimes this means I can manipulate the dream to my liking (which is how it typically goes) or I just go crazy. Once I was walking with friends, realized I was dreaming, so I started throwing snowballs at them (it was the middle of summer...) and laughing and saying "this isn't real life!". Leaving a lucid dream is always a bit strange, as I am aware in my dream that I am waking and the dream is about to end. It feels like I'm being sucked into a black hole.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Tammy

i know it is going to sound old and not very helpful at all, but the answer to your question (short and simple) "you will know when you are having a significant dream or not........the in your gut feeling that it is more than a random dream. if you can recall it and it stays with you, nags you almost. i can still remmeber my dreams from when i was 15 years old.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Sundialed

Here is a different view, it is real. There is no such thing as not real. LD is the same place as here, but you are spirit. Well you most likely will start out with the physical laws your mind is use to, but with good spiritual intuitiveness you can shed those laws and become more light, sound, anything you wish. Have anger problems? You can/will experience the same problems while dreaming or LD and like here you can work with your heart to overcome, but doing it spiritually (dream world) you can achieve progress faster. I'll bring up the dirty word, but we live in a land of illusions, you don't need an airplane to fly! Go liberate yourself in the spiritual realms. One time while in spirit around my house, before entering back in my body, I was floating around my neighbours house and came inside mine and my mother told me, "so and so are going to break up." The next morning on my drive to yoga I saw neighbs gf moving all of her stuff out of the house. If you want to really get to know a place, investigate that space spiritually. Going there with your physical body to get a sense of the place and so you are near by and don't have to go far while using spirit. Not to say phys shouldn't get it's balanced share of attention. Hope that helps somewhat.

{Peace
Old 12-01-2012, 01:15 AM
eyewish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy
i know it is going to sound old and not very helpful at all, but the answer to your question (short and simple) "you will know when you are having a significant dream or not........the in your gut feeling that it is more than a random dream. if you can recall it and it stays with you, nags you almost. i can still remmeber my dreams from when i was 15 years old.

Doesnt look like it was that long ago then, lol.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Tammy

LOL! thanks for that Eyewish!
Here is my first significant dream and it really boggled my mind (and my first post on this forum)

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=19816
Old 14-01-2012, 02:41 AM
eyewish

Your welcome, Tammy.
Old 31-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishingonastar

i know this sound silly but what is the difference?

i always remember my dreams and i dream in colour...i have very odd dreams

last night i dreamt about my old cat who died in april and when i was lying in bed in my dream i was convinced there was a ghost that sat on my legs but i had to convince everyone that it was!?!

A lucid dream, is well Lucid, incredibly real, it is an experience in itself. It stays with you too, through out the day. It leaves an impression in your emotions as well as in your mind.

Know that you will continue to be always. You will be where you are meant to be to learn what you are meant to learn. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help, even if it means talking to a doctor. I hope that you don't mind me saying this. I believe it is good advice for you at this moment.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:28 AM
spiritseeker123

INTERESTING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda27
You know you are lucid dreaming because you are aware of it when you are dreaming. You know what is happening isn't real.

When I lucid dream, it's usually because I am visiting a familiar place and something will suddenly feel off. Something is out of place. I will then come to the realization that I am in fact in a dream state and nothing is real. Sometimes this means I can manipulate the dream to my liking (which is how it typically goes) or I just go crazy. Once I was walking with friends, realized I was dreaming, so I started throwing snowballs at them (it was the middle of summer...) and laughing and saying "this isn't real life!". Leaving a lucid dream is always a bit strange, as I am aware in my dream that I am waking and the dream is about to end. It feels like I'm being sucked into a black hole.

When/while you are being sucked into a black hole, do you experience fear, and how long after entering the black hole before you wake from it? And, lastly, do you meditate before going to sleep to facilitate the lucid dreaming state? Thanks.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Pathfinder
A lucid dream is when I know I'm dreaming and a start manipulating the dream to my own desires. It's unbelievably fun and exciting, because I can fly, walk through walls, created beautiful new landscapes and places or even... do more intimate things with my favorite actor or movie character. I don't think it's real and although it's not impossible for spirits or other beings to visit me in my dreams, most is comes from my own mind. If you want lucid dream, wake up early in the morning, then fall asleep again. It works for me most of the time. I've never mediated, unfortunately, but I've been having lucid dreams ever since I can remember.