Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Master

Lighter in spirit. Facing my fears and doing it anyway, removing resistance to thoughts or ideas that I have created into beliefs that didn't serve me well, knowingly or unknowingly, challenging those beliefs and creating new ones out of the ashes has made me lighter in spirit, so for me that is enlightenment.

Light.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Truth
Greetings Mathew,

How do you know that we are not already enlightened? What is the dividing line between unenlightened and enlightened?

That's the funny thing Dr.Truth we are enlightened even before birth but it's our remembering of this that makes us enlightened in realities like this one, if you can't fully remember who you are you can never be fully enlightened just aware.

Anyway our minds couldn't handle the knowing involved in such enlightenment so we forget who we are so as to be able to live in realities like this one. What I'm actually saying is, this is quite conflicting, that no one can ever, in physical form, obtain true enlightenment.

Love
Mathew
Old 30-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Beyond

It's seeing the world as a new person, like a newborn child.
I became enlightened at beginning of April, 2011.
I had many sins in "catholic terms" at the time when I became enlightened.
I wasn't religious at the time when I became enlightened.
I didn't know my past lives when I became enlightened.
I didn't had any profound major psychic skills when I became enlightened.
I hadn't opened third eye when I became enlightened, my third eye is still "closed" today.
I encountered many problems, until I became enlightened.
Probably I didn't even prayed when I became enlightened.
How come I became enlightened? I practiced almost constantly, in many life situations meditation on "Who Am I?" by Ramana Maharshi - messagefrommasters. com/Life_of_Masters/Ramana-Maharshi/Who-am-I. htm (one of article related to this meditation, there are more on that site), although I practiced different kinds of meditations before focusing on that certain technique (mostly lectures and meditations from sites: diydharma. org and dharmaseed. org).
PS. Remove the whitespaces from the links to make them work.
Old 31-12-2012, 02:51 AM
Experiencer

Being one with one self, bringing up my lower being, into my being for healing, then accepting my higher beings hand as he pulls me up into his being, then we can become one as a whole.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 AM
me_forever

Siddhartha Gautama described it as the end of suffering.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
That's the funny thing Dr.Truth we are enlightened even before birth but it's our remembering of this that makes us enlightened in realities like this one, if you can't fully remember who you are you can never be fully enlightened just aware.

Anyway our minds couldn't handle the knowing involved in such enlightenment so we forget who we are so as to be able to live in realities like this one. What I'm actually saying is, this is quite conflicting, that no one can ever, in physical form, obtain true enlightenment.

Love
Mathew
I like this, yes its true that so called Enlightenment cannot be experienced by the mind body, but still the experience is felt through the mind body, but the experience is secondary to what truly IS.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:16 PM
SpiritSeeker

I can't say I'm enlightened, I don't even know what it should feel like being an enlightened person but I guess I've learned a couple of lessons throughout my spiritual journey..

1. You are not your thoughts.
2. Stop seeking. Many people, including me, often crave blissful feelings and beautiful states of minds. I feel like this is wrong because, first of all, it is an illusion and second of all, if you keep on doing it, you may feel disappointed because the search comes to no end.
3. The ultimate realisation that there is nothing wrong with you and everything is perfect as it is. Acceptance of the Here and Now.
Old 13-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Master
The day you be enlightened , you won't need to ask .
If humans can achieve such task
wars will stop and the way we live will change .
We will become leaders of our planet and ourself .
And then the sky open ...
Old 13-02-2013, 12:06 PM
mark payne

Being different, thinking different, feeling different, sensing different, seeing different, knowing different.
Old 13-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Pathfinder
Walking lightly.