Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 07-06-2018, 10:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Question Energy pouring out of my hands

Hello. I am Sejal, a 30 year old female. This is my first post. I joined because of an experience I had in the wee hours of my 30th birthday, two nights ago.

I have received Reiki treatment formally a few times. That was years ago. I have never trained.

Sorry for all the new paragraphs. I don’t know where to begin. I am in love with a good friend, “Raj.” I see him every few months. We used to act like a couple but we never formally declared it. That was when we went to school together. We have seen each other several times over the past year even though we live far apart.

I have this problem where I don’t pray every day. I would like to pray every day. I chant my mantra a few times a week.

I have been practicing mindfulness meditation. It is only within the last few days that I have really gotten the hang of noticing the qualities of things around me, really appreciating them. I feel like I’m turning a corner.

That night I spoke about, I was thinking of the next time I will see Raj, a month from now. I was praying. I was telling God that I was going to start praying to Her every day, whether or not I needed anything. Without warning, energy, I think it was Reiki energy, started to POUR out of both my hands. I put one hand on the top of my head and the other over my heart. My third eye started responding strongly. I also spent some time with my palms open, offering the energy to God. I also spent time with my hands in the Anjali mudra. I don’t know how long the outpouring lasted. Several minutes I guess.

So what do you think that was? And what do I do now? Every time I think of that experience, my hands tingle, but nowhere nearly as strongly as they did that night.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:36 PM
Master
It could be a brief glimpse of something that you have the potential to develop. I would suggest taking note of your dreams and trying to follow what they propose, as your own dreams would be the best advice for you. Personally I wouldn't recommend taking a reiki course, but that's just me, I prefer my own way.

There is a dream section in this forum, if you remember a dream maybe post it there and see if anyone can help you interpret them, also look up dream meanings online, there are a lot of helpful sites.

I think a lot of people get a brief glimpse of something, which seems to be like a call to spiritual action, it can take years for a gift to come to full fruition though. Doing a reiki course is looking for the quick fix, finding your own path takes longer but can be much more rewarding. My 2c :)
Old 09-06-2018, 02:26 AM
Guide

Most of us here who are Reiki practitioners seem to have gotten attuned by a Reiki Master, but I personally found this ability without a human master. Besides, if everyone has only gotten attuned by a master, then where do you think the original Reiki practioners come from?

I’ve gotten it through a connection with the divine myself. I’m not sure how it worked, but I found myself just knowing the principles of Reiki. When I poured over books, it was the same information from my own mind.

It’s still surprising for me to hear that people had to find a human master for it. I thought everyone learned and earned it by themselves.
Old 19-06-2018, 12:38 AM
Knower

I also had the feeling out of my hands before ever coming to Reiki. As well, I told many, many people, even after formally being initiated as a Reiki Master, I would explain that the easiest way to understand the energy, is that it is the energy of love. From there, I have told these same many people, put your hands on and think of something you love.

These people have had miracles happen under their hands.

I am not surprised that you felt the energy when you were thinking about someone you love, and sharing that committment with the divine. I think you handled it perfectly - love yourself; love the Universe :)

We all could use that unconditional love whenever possible :)

Em.