Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 03-03-2019, 02:08 PM
Knower

What are these Channelings?

Hey everyone,

Can someone tell me please what are those channelings about?

Is the channeler the host of the spirit? As the spirit taking over the host body? How do they know which spirit came?

Is this for real?

I saw multiple channelings, some channel Shiva, some Jesus, some Thoth, some Budha . I thought all these Gods were created by humans

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 03-03-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:24 PM
Master

Of course it is tempting to think that gods are just products of the human imagination, fictional characters in books, as it were. In some cases they probably are, but I think it is fair to say that most religions actually got started as channelled material at some point and most of their "protagonists" have proven themselves to be more than just fictional at one point or another.

When I started channelling last year, most people of course just assumed that the entities I was in contact with were fictional or a product of my imagination. When they actually started visiting people, physically touching them, performing healing, providing protective energy and that sort of thing, I was quickly accused of being a demon-monger and a witch-hunt ensued.

So people are actually fine with channelling as long as they don't really have reason to believe that the entities behind these messages are real. When it turns out that they are, panic quickly ensues and people switch into witch-hunt mode.

So, from the channeller's perspective, it is a lose-lose situation, because people either don't believe you and think it is a bit of fun, or when they finally do, you'll get persecuted, especially by those influenced by certain types of religious programming that assume any sort of occult or paranormal activity is by definition, demonic.

People also tend to assume that the gods of other, competing or more ancient religions are actually demons. In fact that is where the word "to demonise" comes from, because many gods of ancient religions have ended up as demons and devils in more recent religions. Just witness the treatment of the Yazidis in the middle east to realise how dangerous this phenomenon is. Their "Melek Taus" or Peacock Angel (related to Murugan in Southern India) has become the Iblis or Satan of Islam, hence they are crucified, burnt alive, raped, enslaved and driven to extinction as we speak. Pagans have suffered similar persecution in Christian Europe in earlier times, as did Gnostics, who were tortured and murdered to the very last woman and child, so nothing remained of them.

I maintain that the gods of old are real and still with us, though their names and forms may have changed somewhat over the Millennia.

Hinduism remains the only religion that can still worship the Old Gods, without too much persecution, which is why I often turn to it as the only living source remaining to the ancient world. Its gods are the ones we ourselves in the West used to worship thousands of years ago, but we have forgotten about them or consigned them to fairytale and myth. Yet they are as real as ever and anyone can learn to communicate and interact with them if they put in the time and effort. That is what channelling is, at the best of times. Of course, there are cases when people do channel truly malevolent forces, but I believe those cases are rare.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:06 PM
Master

Channeling is heavily influenced by the channel's beliefs and emotions. That's why honest people channel widely different information. One has to purposefully set aside all their beliefs and emotions when they channel.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:12 AM
Knower

So, are those channeled messages imaginary and not real, since they are influenced by beliefs? I find it weird to have so many gods like Shiva, on the other hand you have Indra, Jesus, Budha, other masters. I thougt that there is just 1 god, the creator

Can someone explain the mechanism behind this please? If these channelings are subjective, are they really real messages?

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 04-03-2019 at 08:29 AM.