Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-02-2019, 04:01 PM
Seeker

The Christ myth theory

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but hopefully it's okay.

I've become quite interested in the 'Christ myth theory', which is the opinion that the events of the bible were mythical/allegorical and not historical/literal.

Is there anyone else who thinks this? What are your opinions? Do you know any good books or anything else on the subject?

So far I've read 'The Pagan Christ' and 'The Christ Conspiracy'.

Here is the wiki page of the Christ myth theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory

Thanks
Old 10-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattvicmonkey
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but hopefully it's okay.

I've become quite interested in the 'Christ myth theory', which is the opinion that the events of the bible were mythical/allegorical and not historical/literal.

Is there anyone else who thinks this? What are your opinions? Do you know any good books or anything else on the subject?

Thanks

I agree with you, the bible is a mixture of Ancient beliefs and Myths, you can take any Scriptures and find similarities in previous civilizations. I haven't read any books but a little common sense and a bit of research will show the truth...

Saying this I do believe that there was a person who most called Jesus and he was an Enlightened Master...
Old 10-02-2019, 07:56 PM
ImthatIm

First one must study the term Christ.
You are free to believe what you want about the written word of all peoples.

Like someone sat by a Bodhi tree and became enlightened.(Myth or truth)

Last edited by ImthatIm : 10-02-2019 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
First one must study the term Christ.
It seems to be formless rather than an object/person.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:17 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
It seems to be formless rather than an object/person.

Apologeez.

I got cut short.

I was going to make a point of all stories either true or fantasy. How can it be used to teach?
How can a story guide Spiritual growth as to the experience and practice of a teaching.
I myself practiced Spiritual experiences for years with very little written word.
I came to written word later and aligned to written word with what I knew to be true.
The Bible (New Testament)aligns with my truth because of the Love verses.
Love is my teacher and My Creator is Love.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:33 PM
Master

Quote:

Thanks

It is the right place to post this, however, I think that theory is incorrect. I find it difficult if not impossible to believe that so many people can become so driven to start a movement, philosophy and religion on the basis of a hoax in that day and age.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Apologeez.

I got cut short.

I was going to make a point of all stories either true or fantasy. How can it be used to teach?
How can a story guide Spiritual growth as to the experience and practice of a teaching.
I myself practiced Spiritual experiences for years with very little written word.
I came to written word later and aligned to written word with what I knew to be true.
The Bible (New Testament)aligns with my truth because of the Love verses.
Love is my teacher and My Creator is Love.
Well myths can be used when something cannot really be explained. They present something similar to what they are trying to point to.

I think the bible points to truths but people take these pointers literally and miss the real truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
It is the right place to post this, however, I think that theory is incorrect. I find it difficult if not impossible to believe that so many people can become so driven to start a movement, philosophy and religion on the basis of a hoax in that day and age.

I don't think the bible is a hoax just because it is mythical. It can still be a great teacher.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:56 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Well myths can be used when something cannot really be explained. They present something similar to what they are trying to point to.

I think the bible points to truths but people take these pointers literally and miss the real truth.

I don't think the bible is a hoax just because it is mythical. It can still be a great teacher.

Each will believe about the Bible as they will. People can reinforce their beliefs about the Bible that they want to.
Some have even started wars over scriptures. (People get weird that way)
I think to stay open to teachings from any literature is the way. To stay open to Spirit is THE great teacher. Inspiration can come from many sources.
Pual summed Jesus's 2 commandments to Love ( Divine Love ).
You ask for recommendations of books that are to put Jesus in a myth category.
My suggestion is to Read the Bible/New Testament for yourself in the Spirit of Love and keep an open mind/heart, and see what speaks to you.
Ask your Creator for help in the reading of scriptures.
1 John Ch 4 is one of my favorite chapters.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:30 AM
Master
Well, here's the thing...

In 1947 I believe, the first of what is called "The Dead Sea Scrolls" was found. Which are confirmation to us that the old testament translations we have today are accurate.

In the old testament scriptures are found the Messianic prophesies, which Jesus fulfilled.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 22-02-2019, 11:18 PM
Master
And? What's interesting is that the most comprehensive scrolls found amongst the Dead Sea Scroll find, the Isaiah scrolls, have the most messianic prophesies within it.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein