Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-02-2019, 12:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Blessed be all.
All are children of God.

Surely, one must see the divine spark in all even though, in some, it is not always easy to see.

Pope Francis is in a very difficult position. Based on what I'm reading and hearing, I would not want to walk in his shoes at this particular point in time.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:13 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Surely, one must see the divine spark in all even though, in some, it is not always easy to see.

Pope Francis is in a very difficult position. Based on what I'm reading and hearing, I would not want to walk in his shoes at this particular point in time.

I would not want to walk in another's shoe's either.
To except a lead position of a large organization brings with it all the responsibilities.

I do oppose human worship.
Yes the Divine spark provided by the Divine Deity which I call God is in all humans. Actually I believe it is in all and all.

I would say that the organization talked about in this post should sell all their riches/buildings/artworks and do good with all the money. Do away with all the silly traditions and become servants to the people.
That would impress me.
I've met ordinary lowly folk that are spark igniters and they never expected me to kiss the hand/ring.
Everyone does that which they see as right.
Just opinion from the lowly folk.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:13 PM
Deactivated Account

Catholics and Protestants will always be at each other.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:47 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Yes, this Pope is definitely a significant improvement over his predecessors for the reasons you mentioned, however, he needs to once and for all come clean on the pedophile priests and clean up the ranks and put protections into place so it doesn't happen again in order to be considered great and deserving of respect.

Easier said than done. I don't know if you have ever worked or been in a huge organization - even Kings had to watch the politics, armament, military, forces, let alone a Pope.

Walk a mile.

Or not.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Yes, this Pope is definitely a significant improvement over his predecessors for the reasons you mentioned, however, he needs to once and for all come clean on the pedophile priests and clean up the ranks and put protections into place so it doesn't happen again in order to be considered great and deserving of respect.

Seems to me that is being accomplished.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-02-2019, 08:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Seems to me that is being accomplished.

If it was being accomplished he wouldn't be the Pope....
Old 12-02-2019, 04:56 PM
janielee

I don't know, taking on a spiritual position of authority, being able to influence Church policy, outcomes, speaking to the masses, helping the vulnerable.

Seems to me taking on such a role can be done out of great love and service if one is not mired in the "trappings" - and by all accounts (living in a small flat, not accumulating wealth, travelling extensively, humility to the poor) - the current Pope is not doing this for vanity.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:28 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I don't know, taking on a spiritual position of authority, being able to influence Church policy, outcomes, speaking to the masses, helping the vulnerable.

Seems to me taking on such a role can be done out of great love and service if one is not mired in the "trappings" - and by all accounts (living in a small flat, not accumulating wealth, travelling extensively, humility to the poor) - the current Pope is not doing this for vanity.

"the current Pope is not doing this for vanity."

You would know more then me. I know very little of the Pope. never met him.
I have seen some of the organization he now leads.
I once entered a big cathedral in downtown Chicago. I seen homeless on the way in and it was winter. I was there with a great uncle who worked in the cathedral. it was this huge place full of beauty and oh, so warm and my uncle was proud to show off the huge roaring boiler he ran for years. I wondered of those homeless and why they were not inside.We met with some leaders of the church and took a tour. I wanted to ask about those homeless but I never did, I was 16 or so.
I guess the homeless would have taken away from the beauty and warmth they were presenting in the empty cathedral.
To spend all that money on a huge beautiful warm but empty building.
Makes no sense to me.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:37 PM
Master
He seems quite okay. His 2015 encyclical about the environment was well written too..
I think he's going to be a bit of an 'incident' though...
Old 12-02-2019, 07:15 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I have seen some of the organization he now leads.

Neither do I - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-21949118

As to the Catholic Church, that is something else altogether IMHO...

Blessings