Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWolff
It's hard ... for a depressed person like me

I used to suffer from extreme depression and anxiety, today I am much better, just give it a try!! When I first started to really meditate I was so "addicted" to it that I used to meditate every day for at least two hours, this helped me a lot!!

Try to understand that the way you see the world is caused by your perception, in other words, your mind is giving you a version of this reality, one that it is a little bit black, if you feel that you are good for nothing, do you really think that it's the truth or it's just what your mind is telling you about yourself? The human mind is like a computer ( this is the most advanced computer one could imagine ), you program it and it gives you back a certain result, you may not be aware, but you probably gave it a lot of negativity ( or something bad happened, same thing, the mind received that negativity ) and now you get the results back.When people become depressed out of nowhere, they can't explain how they became depressed because that's what it happens with negativity, it's eating you alive in a way that you are not aware!

Do you remember when you had a good day, it felt like the whole world is a little bit brighter? Do you really think that the world was brighter or that your perception about it changed in a good way? The human mind has the power to alter reality, have you not wondered yourself why our inner happiness needs external triggers to come "alive"? Why do we need certain things to happen to be happy? It's an illusion, all the emotional states happen inside, you are peace, you are happiness, you can also be those bad emotional states, now, why not to harness this power, to experience a state of complete bliss 24/24? It's possible, how do you think I manged to get better from that dark and lonely place? I did it on my own, no pills, nothing, just meditation.

When I was a child I thought that having a computer means happiness, then it was not enough, so I thought that having a better computer means happiness, I had that computer and then a better computer appeared and I could not play those amazing games so.. I wanted another computer because I thought it would make me happy to have this computer so I can play games on it... in all this time I had no idea that I never was truly happy, it was just my perception, I projected happiness as something that happens when you get the things you like, then I understood, true happiness is a inner state, one that needs no external factors, it is there, inside.

Just give it a try, meditate, do it before sleep because that's the moment when you actually have to do nothing so your mind is not stressing you about doing things that you feel like not doing.Follow my advice, it's written above this answer, that's how I do it, you can also talk with me more because I have experience with it.

It takes time to recover because it took time to arrive at this state but slowly you will notice how you will have more and more days that are good! I used to have a good day at 2-3 months ( in the rest of the time I was extremely depressed ), now I have many, many good days, of course sometimes I feel really low but I know that it's just a state of mind and that with time will disappear, all I need to do is to see beyond it, it's not the ultimate truth, it's just a version of reality, one that's not even real.