Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Shabby

What does it mean to be spiritual?

I always thought that to be "spiritual" described a path (within) rather then a belief, but then I heard the term "Spiritual Christians". So my question to you is: What does it mean in your opinion to be spiritual?
Old 08-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Master
My take on what a "Spiritual Christian" would be is someone who is open to all scriptures/teachings/etc, including the bible. This hints to what I think being spiritual means....

Blessings, James
Old 08-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Shabby

LOL you are only going to hint at the answer? So, to you being spiritual describes someone that is open to all views/beliefs?
Old 08-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Master
lol
Kind of. I imagine that someone "spiritual" is not attached to what they find so are open to everything.
For me it also meant the incredible urge to seek and find answers that seemed to not be present in everyone.
I had no chioce but to walk this path.......lol

James
Old 08-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Shabby

I like what you say about not being attached to what one finds, but don't you think people that are religious, metaphysical or new age also have an urge to seek and find answers?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Experiencer

I take spiritual to mean a belief or knowing that there is something more than us and the physical stuff surrounding us. Religion is different, in that yes, it's spiritual, but you are subscribing to the tenets set forth by that religion, allowing them to define what that something is.

If someone days they are spiritual christian, I would take that to mean they subscribe to the christian teachings, but are also open to the idea that there may be more than that. Things that weren't written down, or not clearly defined in christianity.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Humm

Spiritual to me means a way of seeing and understanding that is concerned with essences and energies rather than objects and events.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:09 PM
midnightstar

Spiritual to me means that you don't pigeonhole yourself away into a specific religion
Old 08-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Master
In my view, being spiritual means waking up and recognizing yourself as a spirit being. You are spirit temporarily living through this body and mind.

“You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience.

You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience."

- Teilhard de Chardin

Xan

Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 AM
Master
spiritual - any thing that pertains to spirit.
so its all about spirit and how it relates to you in a relevant way.

now spirit is from the ancient word wind. to denote the invisibility of the moving air and yet can see its effect, like the waving leaves blown by the wind or its touch on your face.