Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2018, 04:13 AM
Experiencer

I cannot decide whether mystical phenomena are real or not

When, for example, skeptics and proponents of the paranormal argue back and forth, they make intelligent-sounding arguments that make it difficult for me to determine who is telling the truth. If there was some incredibly stupid-sounding argument that was being made, then I could obviously see that argument as being false. But since both the skeptics and the paranormal proponents/researchers are trained and educated people, then they make smart-sounding arguments.

This is the reason why I remain undecided on who is telling the truth. This is the reason why I tell others to keep an open mind all the way through to the end and to not dismiss skeptics and researchers because these skeptics and researchers would come up with further smart-sounding arguments that should really make you think twice about rejecting their claims. This also applies to any other debate such as people who argue that vaccines are not harmful and those who argue they are harmful. Both sides of the debate appear to be making smart-sounding arguments and I cannot tell who is telling the truth.

Actually, I think I have figured it out. I lack the insight necessary to perceive who is making the dumb arguments and who is making the smart-sounding arguments. From my perspective, both the skeptics and the paranormal researchers are making smart-sounding arguments and I cannot tell who is speaking dumb lies. The skeptics claim that the paranormal researchers are making the dumb arguments while the researchers claim the skeptics are making the dumb, absurd arguments. But I cannot tell who is since I lack insight.

It would be no different than American Idol singers who perceive their singing as being great. They lack the insight necessary to perceive the horrible flaws in their singing. Another example would be when I write essays. From my perspective, my writing skill is good. But other experienced people would come along and tell me that my writing is terrible. In short, I lack insight and am inexperienced in life. Whether I wish to gain insight and life experience is up to me. But I currently have no interest.

Last edited by MattMVS7 : 11-04-2018 at 05:26 AM.