Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 08-12-2011, 10:58 AM
The Eagle

The Importance of Fame

Que some dancing and that damn song....

random thought - many people believe in souls, life beyond death etc etc - but can we identify where that idea came from?

This is my view:

1, our pagan scientific ancestors, many thousands of years ago studying the world around them and understanding the seasons and the cycle of nature - that story gets personified and you get gods - and souls that go through rebirth etc etc etc. (that was the quick version lol)

2, fame of an individual. we go back a few thousand years and see that it wasnt about living forever, souls etc - but creating fame enough to last beyond death - and that is how you "survive". our society is obsessed with fame and this is the reason - it is not a new thing.

the interest question to me is what is the more selfish option - one or two?

is grasping at fame more selfish than grapsing at an idea that you cannot cease to exist? - dont get me wrong you can do both!

just the importance of fame is something to consider. without fame you would not know your spiritual teachers - existing or thousands of years dead, you would not know gods, godesses' - fame builds the myths and fame builds what is considered "wisdom".
Old 11-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Guide
The Eagle... the Bird with the Most Fame.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:34 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
The Eagle... the Bird with the Most Fame.

hmm dont know about that. there is pretty strong competition.

Daffy Duck, Donald Duck, Edd the Duck, Huey, Dewey and Louie, Woodstock, then of course you have the movie star birds Archimedes, Kes, Bubo, Mechabubo and obviously Hedgwig.

Old 13-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Guide
Ah! Don't forget my personal favorite: Fawkes

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

Fawkes gives a new meaning to the topic: The Importance of Flame