Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-02-2018, 06:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Is it more about the search then what your looking for?
I think it depends on what you're looking for. Maybe we're just content searching and not finding because we don't even know ourselves, what we are, or why we're here. Not knowing why we're here or who we are isn't helpful. We need more information.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:00 PM
Pathfinder

Spirituality, for me, is learning to accept the world. That's the concisest way to put it. I needed to learn how to gaze upon misery and success both.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydullard
Spirituality, for me, is learning to accept the world. That's the concisest way to put it. I needed to learn how to gaze upon misery and success both.
What do you mean "gaze"?
Old 06-02-2018, 09:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
That's a very excellent point, Seawolf. In retrospect, I think I was given help as I had some extraordinary experiences first which led me to search.

What is your goal, for example, what is it that you want in your life for it to be happy, joyous and meaningful?

BT
i did, a few years ago my wife met a person who claimed to be spiritual and a bunch of other things. But when i would ask someone i would simply get the run around. Nothing she said never really added up. The she claimed she couldn't read me. But she could my wife. I didn't think much of her. Then she disappeared. But anyway before that i never thought much about my path or spirituality. A few things did sink in simple things so i thought i would give a few ideas a try. Being amazed i started to look at things differently. And i never stopped learning since and here i am today
Old 06-02-2018, 02:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
That's a very excellent point, Seawolf. In retrospect, I think I was given help as I had some extraordinary experiences first which led me to search.

What is your goal, for example, what is it that you want in your life for it to be happy, joyous and meaningful?

BT
Thanks for the question, I think my goal is to learn self-compassion and self-worth. As I learn more about myself I start to find those things.
Old 18-04-2018, 01:35 PM
Suspended
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Today a light bulb went on after reading a number of different threads. What really is spirituality? I've noticed most people are on a spiritual search for something. I am one of those people . Is it more about the search then what your looking for? What would happen if you actually found it. Would you stop searching? Do you really want to find what you seek? Or is the search more important than what you find? Its just a thought.

Literally speaking, spirituality is the pursuit and discovery of your ‘spirit’ or the deeper essence of who you are. That is how the word has been coined.

We believe spirituality is fundamentally about being in a beautiful state and creating a beautiful life. It is not a negation of life. Spirituality should imbue life with a sense of vibrancy and joy. It should make relationships and work feel more meaningful, and not meaningless. Spirituality is for you to grow into a more joyful human being. We believe spirituality is the art of living in a beautiful state and creating a beneficial impact on the web of life.
Old 18-04-2018, 01:40 PM
Master
the beginning of a church for spiritual people?
Old 19-04-2018, 05:47 AM
Suspended

Reality is stranger than fiction. We are on a ball circling a flaming massive star in a seemingly infinite space. We find ourselves in a human body that we know wears out around 100 years old if we are lucky and then we are gone. We have no idea who or what made all of this or why. Science tells us this planet has been here about 4.5 billion years and human's have been on it around 200,000 years. We humans think we are so important... but then why was the earth existing for 4.4 billion, 99 million, 800,000 years BEFORE a human existed on it?

Why do we exist? Have we always existed? What is existence? Many scientists are now saying there is evidence we are a 3 dimensional hologram of a 2 dimensional reality. Human intelligence is probably 5 billion times less than whatever or whoever made all of this.

What is spirituality? Humans attempts to make sense of all this "reality" we find ourselves in. We are just a dumb animal trying to evolve into something higher.
Old 19-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Spirituality is the search for the Self and the finding of the Self and the resting in the Self.
The Seeker is that which is sought, everything else is the context within which it takes place.

"I think I Am, therefore Am I?"