Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 04-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Ivy

I'm an expert in English language. In my field, there is no set definition to a word or phrase, so it becomes imperative to listen to the meaning a person gives that word before you dismiss it.

By telling someone that something they've termed 'deeply embedded wound' doesn't exist, is linguistically incorrect.

If you want to use your professional staus to form an argument, then you might proclaim that the expression isn't a recognised academic term in your field.

In academia, there are some valid empirical studies that suffice until new evidence emerges. But equally, the field of psychology is still undeveloped with much to learn.

I would be happy to read the papers you have contributed to the field. However, from a spiritual viewpoint, and in terms of the question asked on this thread (can the op heal themselves?) I'm less impressed by your displays of superior experience.

On my own journey, I've experienced the field of psychology as a patient. Yet it wasn't healing for me personally. Instead I've taken a journey of self healing. It's from this personal experience that I gave my advice. And it's from this perspective that I would have liked to see your ability to hear the words of others, rather than to dismiss them.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Aquarian

You've gone down a path irrelevant to this topic and of no interest to me.

Mike, you can learn EFT here:
http://www.emofree.com/

If you have any trouble, ask in the EFT forum here.

Last edited by Aquarian : 04-01-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeThePhoenix
Are there ways to do this on your own?

Yes...... you must FOCUS on the solution for a focus on the problem is a stage rehearsal~

DIVINE LOVE is the solution ~

"Teach Only Love" by Gerald Jampolsky M.D. and student of ACIM

"A Course In Miracles" (ACIM) by Foundation For Inner Freedom

"Autobiography Of A Yogi" amazing parallels as TRUTH is ONE no matter what society tries to deny~
Old 05-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Juanita

wouldn't people with PTSD be considered to have "deeply inbedded wounds"??
Old 05-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
wouldn't people with PTSD be considered to have "deeply inbedded wounds"??
Deeply ingrained memories. It's just a metaphor comparing to ordinary memories.

PTSD can usually be fixed in a few minutes (with 30+ mins setup time) so the reality is that it's not deeply embedded either.

BTW, flashback-type PTSD is usually about a perception of guilt. The flashbacks are to 'what I could have done differently (if I had perfect foresight, superhuman strength etc)' when one would usually think people with PTSD flash back to a moment terror or horror. I think it says something quite interesting about humanity.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Ivy

edit: stepping out of the conversation
Old 06-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Master
Aquarian, what you say is highly presumptuous.......psychotherapy does not work for everyone...and to dismiss another for their thoughts and beliefs is not professional in my humble opinion That is not the job of a caring and understanding professional, pushing some dodgy practice such as EFT, well how is that in anyway professional?...is there a EFT for ego?.....
Old 06-01-2013, 11:33 AM
travelgirlfl

Aquarian, I am curious about your background, but I don't know how to find these credentials you mentioned? I'm somewhat new to the forum. I clicked on your signature links but it just goes to other posts on this forum. Where is the link to your 'real life'/professional life stuff you cited, what am I missing?

To Mike the OP, I recognize you are looking for a technique to do on your own; I've done EFT with a practitioner & without. Personally, at first I thought it was super powerful (I was in a group workshop) but then it lost it's effectiveness *for me* both with a facilitator and on my own....I think the reason there are so many healing modalities is because different methods work better for different people. My experience has been having to experiment & see what benefits & changes I can find from different techniques.

Personally, I found EMDR to be really helpful (google it) It was recommended by therapist friends & though it sounded ridiculous to me (as did EFT), I tried it anyway & it was super helpful, again, *to me*... it was originally developed I believe to help heal PTSD in war vets & has since been adapted for abuse survivors, crime victims, survivors of natural disasters, etc.... it is, however, done with a trained practitioner.

Again, personally, though the independent, private part of me would LOVE to know how to heal myself, I've found that the insight, witnessing, and validation of another person in and of itself to aid in my healing. Again, that's been *my* experience; you, of course, must find and do what feels right and works for *you*. The search for that/those methods can be frustrating. I share some of my experience in case it does resonate with you, or another reader. I think going with one's intuitive, 'gut' feeling about what to try, what seems intriguing to use is key.

Blessings & deep healing to you.....
Old 06-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelgirlfl
Aquarian, I am curious about your background, but I don't know how to find these credentials you mentioned? I'm somewhat new to the forum. I clicked on your signature links but it just goes to other posts on this forum. Where is the link to your 'real life'/professional life stuff you cited, what am I missing?
I don't link to my real life. In my field, I've lost credibility even for stating I can perceive auras. When I publish my second book I will have all kinds of Science (as opposed to science) Zealots hunting me.

So anonymity is a condition of my using this board. However, I've outlined some of my background in the bottom link.

You might want to check you're doing EFT properly. It's possible that a single person somehow blocks the technique but if it's not working on multiple clients, then you're almost certainly doing it wrong.

EMDR was an old technique occasionally taught by John Grinder, co-founder of NLP. Francine Shapiro effectively stole it. It definitely does work and not just for PTSD. I question whether it truly clears the fixation/conflict behind the issue and as such prefer to advocate EFT.

I'd strongly recommend the IEMT variant if you were to study EMDR.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
Aquarian, what you say is highly presumptuous.......psychotherapy does not work for everyone...
Sorry but that's just a dangerous thing to say.

There are literally hundreds of forms of psychotherapy. If people were to believe your statement that these psychotherapies do not work for any group of people, they will be stuck with their problems for life.

Quote:
and to dismiss another for their thoughts and beliefs is not professional in my humble opinion
I'd suggest your "humble opinion" isn't based on reality.

Quote:
pushing some dodgy practice such as EFT, well how is that in anyway professional?
Whether or not you find EFT dodgy is irrelevant. Many here will testify to its efficacy in real life.

Quote:
...is there a EFT for ego?.....
Mine is not one of the egos showing here. Some people seem to forget this thread is the OPs request (cry?) for help.