Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Ascender
Zeppo, generally two things make people think more about life after passing over. Getting older is one; the other is the passing of a close relative or loved one. It's natural. Perhaps it's not good to think about it ALL the time - but better to be aware of such an important issue than not to be aware. Those who do not believe in an afterlife doubtless have a harder time adjusting to life on the astral than those are prepared for it.
Old 23-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Pathfinder
I don't think it's weird at all. You said you you are getting older and you have a family, so that's going to make you think to want to spend as much time with them as possible. You say you are happy, but are you worrying about anything concerning death? There may be a subconcious worry there that you don't realize.
Old 23-01-2012, 09:22 PM
mac

Zeppo asked about something slightly different ie "Is it normal to think about death, all the time?"

'All the time' isn't normal....
Old 23-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Pathfinder
I asked if he was worried about something concerning death, and if he is, then it would be normal to be preoccupied with the subject.
Old 23-01-2012, 09:59 PM
mac

"I asked if he was worried about something concerning death, and if he is, then it would be normal to be preoccupied with the subject."

I hadn't replied to this - it was a general observation.

He had actually written: "Is it normal to think about death, all the time? I'm not depressed in any way, or sick or anything. Happy and healthy."

My words were based on what he had said...
Old 24-01-2012, 05:51 AM
Saspian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himalia
I don't think there is anything weird in thinking about death if in a positive manner. In a strange way, it is the one and only guarantee of life. It is inevitable but we just don't know when it will happen. For me it is a consistent wake up call. We get so engrossed and caught up in life as if we are going to live forever. The important thing is to make the most of now, for that is all we really have. The inevitable will happen when it happens but to me it seems that in the mean time we are all in the same boat :-)
Hi Himalia.
For quite some years I have intentionally thought about death, for a short time, on a daily basis, and I find it helpful, not morbid or depressing.
I say say this quote by Epictetus......."Who then remains unconquerable? He whom the inevitable cannot overcome".
Old 24-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Arawn

As long as it's not interfering with your life negatively, then I don't think it's something to worry about it.

I often think of death, but I don't think of it as a negative thing. I don't really worry about it, just ponder it and wonder what I can do to get into the role of a psychopomp in this life. It's a bit of a calling so it's not always far from my mind.

If I was reacting to the thoughts differently, such as it causing severe anxiety or depression, then I would head in to the psychologist to get checked out and to figure out why I keep having thoughts along those lines.
Old 24-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Juanita

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppo
Is it normal to think about death, all the time? I'm not depressed in any way, or sick or anything. Happy and healthy. But I think about death all the time, and I don't know why. Maybe it's that I'm getting older, and have a family. Am I being weird?

Maybe the more important question is "what" you think about death.... are they morbid thoughts or thoughts of a beautiful and magical new life back Home???
Old 25-01-2012, 01:39 AM
SoulSparkles

I was just going to say what Juanita mentioned, when you think about death are you worried about it? It it your death you think about or just death in general? Because if you were worried about death and it affected your life to the point that its taking over and you just cant stop thinking about it then yes, id say that is an issue that you could maybe discuss to get it out of your system...

Myself, I like to enjoy the life im experiencing rather than to ponder on death...

Sometimes though you cannot help think about it, especially if you have people around you dying, you begin to wonder what actually happens to them....

All I believe is that we are all energy, and energy never dies and that kind of gets me through ;-)

SoulSparkles