Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 07-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
We proclaim the amazing ability of the mind to fool us when it suits us, and underestimate it when it doesn't.

Concepts are more trustworthy, at least we know they are made up constructions. We can take the words and the ideas on face value, and resonate with them or not, without being seduced, literally in some cases, by the messenger.

:)

All that is of the mind. Some of it you like more than others but it is all mind.

A real guru takes you beyond concepts.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Correct the word is some.

As I have said none of those people are real gurus.

If you would have understood what I meant by sharing presence..

Also sky... why do you have to post in every thread I post on and have to post the opposite of what I post?

I have never met a person who is a spiritual teacher put down other teachers as much as you.

Amazing stuff.

Yes amazing stuff.... everything is amazing
I don't put down other teachers, what I say is ' SOME need a guru/teacher others DON'T...

I post on your post's because this is a Forum open to all..... and I am allowed to disagree, just as you do....
Old 07-11-2017, 01:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoftheRoad
The guru who seeks out followers tends to be the one of concern.

Yes this is sometimes true, you have to be so carefull who you associate with as they can cause people a lot of mental health problems and some people are so vunerable...
Old 07-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes amazing stuff.... everything is amazing
I don't put down other teachers, what I say is ' SOME need a guru/teacher others DON'T...

I post on your post's because this is a Forum open to all..... and I am allowed to disagree, just as you do....

Yes, sky you do say others don't and the post on how many threads at the moment why others don't?

It is amazing that the ones saying you don't need one are the ones the most closed off.

Having an open heart isn't just about helping others it is also being open enough to be helped.

Spirituality isn't a game. If you have been doing a practice for 10 years, an energy practice and never felt energy.. should you maybe look for help?

If you are doing practices and it causes mental and physical upsets should you look to a person of knowledge or just figure it out on your own?

Or not even believe that spiritual practices can cause physical or mental upsets. I believe that was your last advise to someone.

After all.. what is more ego. Asking questions from someone who is from a lineage and has spent there life learning and practicing.. or thinking you can just figure things out all by yourself. That nobody knows more than you.

Also... if you believe some people need a teacher it would be nice to see at least one post saying something positive about gurus instead of the usually from you taking quotes out of context to try to fit your view.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, sky you do say others don't and the post on how many threads at the moment why others don't?

It is amazing that the ones saying you don't need one are the ones the most closed off.

Having an open heart isn't just about helping others it is also being open enough to be helped.

Spirituality isn't a game. If you have been doing a practice for 10 years, an energy practice and never felt energy.. should you maybe look for help?

If you are doing practices and it causes mental and physical upsets should you look to a person of knowledge or just figure it out on your own?

Or not even believe that spiritual practices can cause physical or mental upsets. I believe that was your last advise to someone.

After all.. what is more ego. Asking questions from someone who is from a lineage and has spent there life learning and practicing.. or thinking you can just figure things out all by yourself. That nobody knows more than you.

Also... if you believe some people need a teacher it would be nice to see at least one post saying something positive about gurus instead of the usually from you taking quotes out of context to try to fit your view.

Lineage is nothing important, anyone can say they come from a lineage who can prove it ???? Someone who is genuine wouldn't need to advertise their lineage. I have been with ' lineage titled so called gurus/teachers and found my next door neighbours cat is a better guru/teacher than they will ever be.

SOME need a guru/ teacher, others DON'T.. As for going beyond concepts you have to be carefull that they don't take you beyond into their concepts as SOME do.

' You will know them by their fruits' .
Old 07-11-2017, 01:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Lineage is nothing important, anyone can say they come from a lineage who can prove it ???? Someone who is genuine wouldn't need to advertising their lineage. I have been with ' lineage titled so called gurus/teachers and found my next door neighbours cat is a better guru/teacher than they will ever be.

SOME need a guru/ teacher, others DON'T.. As for going beyond concepts you have to be carefull that they don't take you beyond into their concepts as SOME do.

' You will know them by their fruits' .

Lineages are important. They come from divine/realized beings.. They have power/energy that helps move people along. Any serious practitioner knows and understands the power of lineages.

Also, I am not promoting any practice or lineage.. so no recruiting from me.. just a topic of discussion.

You will know them by their fruits'

Yes, when all they do is put down others, traditions and teachings.. you shall know them.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Lineages are important. They come from divine/realized beings.. They have power/energy that helps move people along. Any serious practitioner knows and understands the power of lineages.

Also, I am not promoting any practice or lineage.. so no recruiting from me.. just a topic of discussion.

You will know them by their fruits'

Yes, when all they do is put down others, traditions and teachings.. you shall know them.

Yes we will know them
We are all divine beings, everyone of us, don't ket the gurus tell you otherwise... that's another trick that SOME of them use to seduce their followers...
Old 07-11-2017, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes we will know them
We are all divine beings, everyone of us, don't ket the gurus tell you otherwise... that's another trick that SOME of them use to seduce their followers...

If that helps you sleep at night thinking that, cool.

What matters is if you are realized or not. That is the big difference. If you don't see or understand that difference. Not much anyone can say to you then.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Master
Quote:
If that helps you sleep at night thinking that, cool.

What matters is if you are realized or not. That is the big difference. If you don't see or understand that difference. Not much anyone can say to you then.

I don't think when I sleep I just sleep.....
Old 07-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Master

Yes Iamit, of course [sarcastically],

And all those naïve fools who sought out Ramana came from all over the world to see the fashion statement of the guru’s loincloth first-hand! Perhaps they thought it was a nappie, thus making it even more novel, and proving how ridiculous he looked posing as a ‘guru‘. Ha ha. They really put him in his place, alright.

It could not have been oneness with his realization - even partial - which rendered him One by identification with those who sought him by virtue of the very enlightenment which cannot be known. Nahhhhh. Because…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
… its not possible to know whether someone is enlightened or not.
Right!
And that’s due to the irrefutable fact of a static, inviolable, objective duality, which permanently imprisons every separate person in their own private universe forever and ever and ever - - except for the impossible, futile, self-contradictory indulgence of posting provocative absurdities on the internet! Indeed…

Quote:
There are certain characteristics which are supposed to exemplify it…
Yeh, like, a loincloth, obviously. Duh-uhhhhh.

Quote:
…but the mind can easily construct these and hide behind as the separate self, contradicting every one of them:) It can often be very advantageous for the mind to do this, as there can be many benefits in terms of motor cars and other gifts.
Not to mention loincloths posing as the emperor’s new cloths, and daft Charlies flocking to the side of a mountain in India to get 'dar-sham'-ed - - when it’s just a fig-leaf for Ignorance that fools them every time

Thanks for the interlude of levity.
The non-dual forum can be so hyper-serious sometimes.

~ J