Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 09-12-2015, 01:34 AM
Déjà Vus

Do you think Déjà vus are an experience that has to do with time travel?

While having one, do you think you're actually remembering something from another timeline? Something that has already happened in a timeline similar to ours?

I'm not completely convinced, but I think Déjà vus might have something to do with time travel.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:46 AM
Gracey

I have wondered this myself. Also with those who see their doppelganger of the future. Perhaps it is a tiny glimpse of omnipresent awarness.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Ascender

good question
Old 10-12-2015, 02:25 AM
An omnipresent awareness is definitely something that I don't rule out, in general, or in particular for déjà vus.

If déjà vus mean anything, they are very likely to have something to do with such a thing as an omnipresent awareness, or hive mind or whatever. I suppose it's a safe bet here.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:44 PM
Knower
That would be fascinating wouldn't it?

I think it could also be a reminder of a dream, or past life, or what others have said here; maybe it could trigger a memory similar to the observing that triggers the deja vu, if you know what I mean.
Old 28-01-2017, 07:16 AM
Experiencer
My deja wu-s were real, insight into future, i remambered what will happen when it did, some kind of sinchronity, like everything is predestined, but can't say from what standpoint since i don't know where is actually the source af everything and how it operates. Still working on this, i usually dreamed about something that will happen around three weeks before it did.
Old 26-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Experiencer

I've read somewhere that deja vus Are universes way of telling us that we Are on the right track. That's because before we first come to this planet, we go through our life plan, main events etc with our angels, guides and god. So basically what happens on deja vu, You remember your life plan and main events that You went through before being born.
Old 27-05-2017, 02:59 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
I've read somewhere that deja vus Are universes way of telling us that we Are on the right track. That's because before we first come to this planet, we go through our life plan, main events etc with our angels, guides and god. So basically what happens on deja vu, You remember your life plan and main events that You went through before being born.

This actually makes a lot of sense. I have always found myself experiencing a lot of deja vu randomly and have struggled to come with a coherent reason why. This explains.
Old 27-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Knower

Not to say that I understand it completely, but this is what I've found on a more scientific note.

"A different but related theory states that déjà vu is a fleeting malfunctioning between the long- and short-term circuits in the brain. Researchers postulate that the information we take in from our surroundings may "leak out" and incorrectly shortcut its way from short- to long-term memory, bypassing typical storage transfer mechanisms. When a new moment is experienced—which is currently in our short-term memory—it feels as though we're drawing upon some memory from our distant past.

A similar hypothesis suggests that déjà vu is an error in timing; while we perceive a moment, sensory information may simultaneously be re-routing its way to long-term storage, causing a delay and, perhaps, the unsettling feeling that we've experienced the moment before."

Source - https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...science-d-j-vu

And it kinda makes sense. If somehow, what you just saw accidentally made its way to your long-term memory instead of your short-term one, then it's very likely that what you saw would actually feel like something from your distant past or probably another life.

However, that's not to say that all deja vus are complete delusions caused by misfiring of neurons. In exceptional cases, one may come across a certain place, soul or situation that rings an all-too-familiar bell, triggering memories or feelings that have been carried on from past lives. But how do you differentiate between these true deja vus and neuronal mismatches?

Well, in ancient Vedic philosophy, in order to progress down the spiritual path, one needs to develop 'viveka' or discrimination between true and false, good and bad. True spirituality is a lot like science. A real spiritual aspirant will always look for the truth, regardless of whether he or she likes it or not.

For instance, let's talk about visions.

Visions are of two types:

1) Internal: These visions are only projections of your subconscious mind. So many feelings are hidden in your mind from your past several births. These feelings are expressed as visions and appear as real external scenes. In extreme cases, this can also accelerate into a mental illness where the patient talks with another imaginary person appearing before him.

2) External: A scene appears without any relationship with your mind. This is not the projection of your mind and is not a mental illness. The scene is arranged externally and the forms appearing are energetic in nature. Such a vision is independently generated, and not based on any feeling of your mind. This appears due to some external reasons so as to give you some external information.

The real problem is that the internal vision is often mistaken as an external vision. Your own aspiration is conveyed to you in such cases. You’re simply mislead by such a false external vision.

Most people even tell lies that they had external visions in order to get some recognition from the surrounding public. They feel that it’s prestigious to have such visions, which get them some kind of special status. This should be nipped at the bud. The reason is that the spiritual path is always based on the truth only. By telling lies for such false fame, you also procure sin unnecessarily.

Even if you really have visions, you should analyze the vision to gauge whether it’s internal or external. If the result of such a vision is proved practically, you can conclude such a vision as an external one since internal visions have no practical outcome.

Unless a practical result comes out of it, it may not be a real external vision. It may just be your internal vision expressing your long-time, deeply hidden aspiration.

The practical reality of the outcome of the vision should be proved so that we can infer the reality of the external vision. The proof here should be considered in a reverse way, i.e. from the fruit (practical outcome) to cause (vision).

If the vision says that something will happen, you should wait till that happens practically in reality. Then only can you say that the vision is practically real. You should wait till the practical result is clearly seen and then only should you declare that your vision is correct. Otherwise, millions of visions are expressed by millions of people.
Old 28-05-2017, 07:01 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

Visions are of two types:

1) Internal: These visions are only projections of your subconscious mind. So many feelings are hidden in your mind from your past several births. These feelings are expressed as visions and appear as real external scenes. In extreme cases, this can also accelerate into a mental illness where the patient talks with another imaginary person appearing before him.

2) External: A scene appears without any relationship with your mind. This is not the projection of your mind and is not a mental illness. The scene is arranged externally and the forms appearing are energetic in nature. Such a vision is independently generated, and not based on any feeling of your mind. This appears due to some external reasons so as to give you some external information.

How do you separate external vision from inner visions other than waiting to see if it's really true? Waiting for the fruition doesn't sound very useful to me. It kind of makes the vision pointless.

I have schitzophrenia, so i have a lot of internal visions, but i've also had external visions (not many though) so this is an important question to me. The internal vision are somehow distracting and i also have a wish to have more external visions and to learn how to separate these two...