Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 26-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Knower
Feathers

I have been wanting a feather to use for Air. I see many sold online and at the metaphysics stores, but I want to find one myself, or better yet, be gifted one from the bird itself. I'm starting to feel that since I'm looking for one, I won't find one. lol

*Do any of you find feathers easily or have you been lucky enough to be gifted with one??*

I was gifted a feather from a Sparrow who visited my garden, and although I treasure it, it's too small to use.

There is a Hawk who flies above quite often. How wonderful it would be if he gifted me with one of his feathers, but he is way too high and I'm not sure if it's common to even find Hawk feathers?

My Spirit Animal is the Owl. How great that would be to own an Owl feather!!!
Old 26-08-2014, 07:19 PM
Experiencer
Hi Treehuger,
I use a pigeon feather,and i have a special connection to these birds,so i guess thats why they often gift me feathers.Yet,from time to time i just send an intent and ,lo,just find a feather.
So,maybe you should just send your wish and if the Owl gifted you its feather,your inner feeling would find the way to it.

Blessings
Old 26-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Knower
Thank you, yolxochitl. I will do just that! This being a new moon will be perfect timing.

Blessed be.
Old 26-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Master

Sometimes when you're desperately looking for something you don't find it, then when you relax and don't think about it - voila! - it suddenly appears.

Jenny Crow
Old 27-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Knower
You are so right, Jenny!
Old 27-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Experiencer
I was once told by a spiritual man to "go where the birds are". That is where I find my feathers, and I have found a lot of them. Hawk, owl, vulture, great blue heron, snowy egret, crow, ibis... and a lot of pigeon. =)

So go where the birds are, but not a lot of people are. Go out to the nature preserves, go out into the woods, out around agricultural areas. Watch where they gather, and look when they go. Do your research, and find out where they live. Go where the birds are, and you will find what you're looking for.

Just... please don't pick up an eagle feather? Please let them alone. They are very sacred, and VERY illegal to have unless you have papers. We don't need one of our friends going to jail over one of brother's feathers. =)
Old 28-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Knower
Thank you, Aki! How wise and practical to "go where the birds are." You are so lucky to own such a wonderful assortment of feathers! We do have a nature path here where I live that I have walked many times, but no feathers! I'm going to have to do some research as you said. Lucky for me, I live close to some beautiful mountains and parks.

There is a place close by called "Hawk Mountain." It's is a popular place frequented by tourists and schools for field trips for the kids so unfortunately there are usually people there. :(

I knew killing an eagle was illegal but I had no idea just owning one of their feathers was! Who would want to kill such a beautiful being anyway? Thank you for the info!
Old 28-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Experiencer
I'm glad I could help, and I'm glad I could give you new info. And yeah, owning feathers, or really any part of a bald eagle is super illegal: claw, beak, feather, etc. With it being the national bird, as well as being sacred to the Native nations, you have to have certain papers/qualifications to have pieces of them, and not get arrested.
Old 28-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Experiencer
Just imagine if the Turkey stayed our national bird! Can you imagine no Thanksgiving Turkey!?!?

Anyways, thanks for posting this tree hugger! It's information that I didn't realize I needed but upon reading your thread it just fell in my lap like, "yep, this is something you need to know," HA! A raven and a owl feather is what I want. I do get gifted feathers quit frequently but never the exact feather I want. I wonder why that is?

Emerald
Old 03-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Knower
You're very welcome, Emerald Imber! Aki certainly taught me something I didn't know!

You are lucky to be gifted feathers! I guess the raven and the owl will gift you with a feather when the time is right. When that will be and why is a mystery but may be clear to you when it happens. Are ravens common to your area? I don't know if I've ever seen one?