Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 13-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Spiritualists are mainly not Christian. They are not a religion and call themselves scientific churches. Many of them have told me (presidents and ministers) that they only say they believe in a Deity because they have to in order to be allowed to perform legal marriages.

As for the comment above about medioums - I loved it! However, Spritualist churches are very good places for those who suddenly decide they want to become mediums as they can help certain people develop to a certain level. What they are dreadful for is anyone who was born a natural medium or healer (sensitive) as their teachings are completely wrong for natural mediumship development, the natural ability often goes completely unrecognised and they will insist that you attend awareness for years and then development for years. They will not allow you to work unless you have certificates (as if they prove anything!) and you will be thrown back years. I know, because they did it with me. Once I left their open circles (dreadful energies due to all and sundry allowed in them) my mediumship soared.
Basically, they are not a religion, most have no belief in God and cringe if you use the word Jesus. They are not for natural mediumship and are basically only suitable for those wanting to learn to do something. Hope that answers a bit?
Old 13-12-2011, 08:46 AM
deepsea

From what I have read recently,the 'powers to be of Spiritualism' have dictated that no religious relics should not be shown in any spiritualist church.
I leave that open for other's opinions.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
From what I have read recently,the 'powers to be of Spiritualism' have dictated that no religious relics should not be shown in any spiritualist church.

Every natural medium I have ever met or spoken to throughout the world ALL believe in God (or whatever name you choose to call Him by) or at least a far greater power than themselves. This is one of the big differences between natural and forced mediums. We as natural mediums know the gifts we were born with come from Him and it is He who works through us. God is the healer, not mankind and the fact so many think they are the ones doing it all is why so many are now seeing their gifts being taken from them or dimmed.

All are born with gifts and they are all different form each other. Some will excel at some things and others will excel at other things. Those born with a talent or gift will excel in that field and others who do the same thing will be mediocre in it. We can all sing for example, but those born with the gift will be Pavaroti's of the world whereas the rest of us can be adequate and do well, but we'll never reach his standards. The same is said of mediumship and healing.
If you don't believe in God, then you won't be a natural medium.
Old 13-12-2011, 09:15 AM
mac

[quote=Lorraine Holloway-White]

Spiritualists are mainly not Christian. Spiritualism isn't Christianity hence its adherents aren't Christians....They are not a religion They are not a religion because people aren't a religion....and call themselves scientific churches. That might be the case elsewhere (as in the US for example) but in the UK they are referred to as Spiritualist churches or centres..... Many of them have told me (presidents and ministers) that they only say they believe in a Deity because they have to in order to be allowed to perform legal marriages.

As for the comment above about medioums - I loved it! However, Spritualist churches are very good places for those who suddenly decide they want to become mediums as they can help certain people develop to a certain level. Spiritualist churches are even better for those who want to learn about Spiritualism's message of survival....What they are dreadful for is anyone who was born a natural medium or healer (sensitive) as their teachings are completely wrong for natural mediumship development, the natural ability often goes completely unrecognised and they will insist that you attend awareness for years and then development for years. They will not allow you to work unless you have certificates (as if they prove anything!) and you will be thrown back years. I know, because they did it with me. Once I left their open circles (dreadful energies due to all and sundry allowed in them) my mediumship soared. What does this have to do with symbols in church?
Basically, they are not a religion, You've already been here....most have no belief in God You have the figures proving that, of course.... and cringe if you use the word Jesus. I would also cringe if you spoke about Jesus without understanding who and what he was....Is that what you did? They are not for natural mediumship and are basically only suitable for those wanting to learn to do something. Hope that answers a bit? Well, yes, it helps to explain your personal position. What it doesn't do, though, is to speak about symbols etc. and why they're not appropriate in Modern Spiritualist churches and centres.

Those looking for input about that situation should look elsewhere.....
Old 13-12-2011, 09:21 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Holloway-White
Every natural medium I have ever met or spoken to throughout the world ALL believe in God (or whatever name you choose to call Him by) or at least a far greater power than themselves. This is one of the big differences between natural and forced mediums. We as natural mediums know the gifts we were born with come from Him and it is He who works through us. God is the healer, not mankind and the fact so many think they are the ones doing it all is why so many are now seeing their gifts being taken from them or dimmed.

All are born with gifts and they are all different form each other. Some will excel at some things and others will excel at other things. Those born with a talent or gift will excel in that field and others who do the same thing will be mediocre in it. We can all sing for example, but those born with the gift will be Pavaroti's of the world whereas the rest of us can be adequate and do well, but we'll never reach his standards. The same is said of mediumship and healing.
If you don't believe in God, then you won't be a natural medium.

And all this about natural mediumship, God, healing your personal situation et al has exactly what to do with the subject of this thread????

Oh - perhaps you hadn't noticed the original posting? quote: "Why are religious relics placed in Spiritualist churches frowned upon?"
Old 13-12-2011, 09:29 AM
mac

Quote:

I find no problems with that principle.

Christian Spiritualist churches are those most likely to display symbols found in Christian churches. I don't attend them so I don't know if they display symbols found in churches of other denominations.

Perhaps there are some Christian Spiritualist members who can help with that point?

As in any other church, any other denomination, one is surely reasonable to support the church where one feels most comfortable?
Old 13-12-2011, 09:32 AM
mac

Quote:
This could be my error,I feel this topic should have been placed in the Spiritualist forum.
Do we have a spiritualist forum,I omitted to check.

yes

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Old 13-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Spiritualism cannot be better than natural mediumship and yet you state they are even better for messages of survival. They aren't - there is no better than a natural medium - fact.
They claim to 'prove' survival in their teachings and they haven't proved that all all. If one makes a claim, they must be able to substantiate it and they can with that claim. No man can. All they are 'proving', as is any medium forced or natural, is that we are getting information from somewhere. We cannot prove where. We might know it in our hearts, but knowing it isn't proving it. If anyone had proved it, there wouldn't be so many sceptics in the world and science would have shown the evidence.

We too call them spiritualist churches here, but they are scientific churches not Christian - their words not mine. Their main name is a spiritualist church, but their beliefs are of science not a Deity - this is something they don't advertise as they don't want all to realise they don't believe in God. That is why they talk Father/Mother God. It is words only and not meant. Many of their followers don't even realise that fact.

As for you assuming I know nothing of Jesus, you are very rude. The reason I mentioned Him - and all should be allowed to anywhere they want - is because I queried why they needed certificates for healing when a natural healer. I said Jesus was the greatest healer the world has ever seen and I was almost spat at and told, 'we don't mention His name her'. We don't believe in Him.
If the spiritualist movement say they don't believe in a Deity, then I don't think individual numbers are required - do you? It is their belief as a whole.
You are very much a nit picker aren't you? Why go on a forum for discussion if you can't do it unless others agree with you? And don't ever tell me I don't know what I'm talking about!!
Old 13-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
And all this about natural mediumship, God, healing your personal situation et al has exactly what to do with the subject of this thread????

Oh - perhaps you hadn't noticed the original posting? quote: "Why are religious relics placed in Spiritualist churches frowned upon?"

and I answered why they're frowned upon or maybe you didn't understand the answer about them being scientific. If a body is a scientific body, they wouldn't want anything that denotes religion in any form. Is that moire simple for you? I was giving a more in depth answer for those who aren't hard bitten spiritualists so they could understand more fully. I don't make claims without explaining how I came across the information. You are the one who was rude and asked why I dared mentioned Jesus. I answered you why. You are a good example of why many are leaving spiritualist churches.
Old 13-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Holloway-White
and I answered why they're frowned upon or maybe you didn't understand the answer about them being scientific. If a body is a scientific body, they wouldn't want anything that denotes religion in any form. Is that moire simple for you? I was giving a more in depth answer for those who aren't hard bitten spiritualists so they could understand more fully. I don't make claims without explaining how I came across the information. You are the one who was rude and asked why I dared mentioned Jesus. I answered you why. You are a good example of why many are leaving spiritualist churches.
Good on ya Lorraine Holloway-White, that mac thinks he knows it all lol.