Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 31-12-2010, 02:23 AM
Master
Yes Evaah... In focusing on the process of relaxation your mind is distracted from AP or anything else. And... by breathing down in your belly as your relax you'll notice your thoughts beginning to quiet down.

(btw... I'd rather be thought of as mentor than parent, if you think of me in a role at all. )

blessings
Xan

Last edited by Xan : 31-12-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 31-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Master
But I read that it's actually "bad" (for lack of a better term... ineffective? counter-productive, maybe?) to focus on breathing while trying to AP because we don't breathe in the astral. I think in another AP thread, someone pointed out that it's better to draw your attention away from breathing.

I can get to the stage where I'm relaxed. My body feels as though it's paralyzed (but it actually isn't); it feels heavy, and eventually, some parts begin to tingle. But at that point, I'm sort of stuck, because I'm trying not to think about wanting to AP, but at the same time, I'm afraid that if I stop thinking, I'll fall asleep. So I try to think about other things - or imagine myself in my "happy place". But the thoughts about AP always manage to creep back in...

I did try your breathing exercise in meditation last night, and yes, I found it to work well. I went straight into visualization afterward and found myself with a less active mind.

(Xan: Haha. Okay, then. Spiritual mentor. )

~Ev

Old 31-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Master
Evaah: I did try your breathing exercise in meditation last night, and yes, I found it to work well. I went straight into visualization afterward and found myself with a less active mind.

Yes... Conscious breathing is a direct and and effective way to relax and bridge into alert awareness out-of-body, when breath awareness disappears.

btw, Evaah... That tiny font of your is hard for some of us squinty-eyed folks to read.

Xan

Old 31-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

Has anyone used this progressive muscular relaxation as their actual technique to project?

Something I've mistakenly done in the past has been to look at the relaxation part only as a preliminary or preparatory stage and then switch to a projection technique itself but the thought occured to me that:
  • It's not that complicated and, assuming we project when we sleep anyway but are unconscious of the fact, there need be no special technique - all we have to do is let the body sleep while we stay aware.
So, I timed myself doing simple relaxation and not worrying at all about projecting or picking a technique. If I'm worried about the technique then I think it's missing the point since all we are trying to do with any technique is catalyze what happens naturally.

The first try in which I timed myself, it was approximately eleven minutes until the body fell asleep and the "vibrations" began. I assumed soon after projection would follow as normal but I had to brake the practice to look at the clock.

I did this again and it took about fifteen minutes. So it depends on the state you're in and how tired you are.

Maybe someone else can do this too and see approximately how long it takes them to begin to project, through simply relaxing until it happens naturally and not worry about an actual technique.

Comparing results might be interesting.
Old 31-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:

btw, Evaah... That tiny font of your is hard for some of us squinty-eyed folks to read.

Aw, oops. My bad.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
Has anyone used this progressive muscular relaxation as their actual technique to project?

Something I've mistakenly done in the past has been to look at the relaxation part only as a preliminary or preparatory stage and then switch to a projection technique itself but the thought occured to me that:
  • It's not that complicated and, assuming we project when we sleep anyway but are unconscious of the fact, there need be no special technique - all we have to do is let the body sleep while we stay aware.
So, I timed myself doing simple relaxation and not worrying at all about projecting or picking a technique. If I'm worried about the technique then I think it's missing the point since all we are trying to do with any technique is catalyze what happens naturally.

The first try in which I timed myself, it was approximately eleven minutes until the body fell asleep and the "vibrations" began. I assumed soon after projection would follow as normal but I had to brake the practice to look at the clock.

I did this again and it took about fifteen minutes. So it depends on the state you're in and how tired you are.

Maybe someone else can do this too and see approximately how long it takes them to begin to project, through simply relaxing until it happens naturally and not worry about an actual technique.

Comparing results might be interesting.

I've figured out the same thing, since the body is supposed to fall asleep while the mind is still awake, you don't need to do any other techniques other than a good relaxation. I tried stopping the relaxation and forcing my astral body out, but that only disrupts the body from falling asleep. The timing is different for me, it depends on if i am tired or not. Sometimes it only takes a few minutes, sometimes takes hours if i am too awake. Sometimes doesn't work if i'm too tired too, i just fall asleep right away and am too exhausted to do any work. It's trying to find the best state of tiredness to work with. But as soon as my body falls asleep, i can get out of my body.
Old 14-01-2011, 02:27 AM
rasayyasar

]Dear Xan
Letting to flow warm light logically bottom to up and be avoid of any thinking or tension is the keyrole to seperate from body. I shall try it.
Thank you so much for your complimentary help.
Old 24-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Master
bringing this up...

Old 12-06-2011, 04:43 AM
Master
bringing this up...

Old 12-06-2011, 04:59 AM
Master
Thankyou again as a person who likes to worry (I say that in jest) this is something I forgot about, thankyou.
Spiritlite.