Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 03-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Alex-Anderson

NDEs and OBEs

Do you know if there is any evidence of individuals that have experienced an NDE of whom previously had a wealth of experiences of OBEs or be it projections.

I wanted to know if there was any greater awareness or correlation during the NDE due to ones previous experiences of say OBEs or projections.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Badger1777

Scientists have explained pretty much all of the reported cases of out of body and near death experiences as far as I'm aware. That doesn't mean there is no 'greater awareness' or anything else, it just means we have to keep an open mind, and not simply believe everything we hear or read.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Alex-Anderson

Perhaps my question was misunderstood. I was wondering if the content of an NDE was influenced or perceived differently due to someone who had previously had OBEs/projections.

For example I have had numerous projections and I have often wondered if I was in a situation where I had an NDE would my previous experiences influence the content of the NDE in thinking it was just another OBE or 'business as usual'.

Essentially the context is different but curious how the content defines one over the other.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Master
If you look at the OBE accounts, you can see that very often they take on a quality of an NDE, which seems is very different from a typical OBE.
Involving divinity, and a sense of greater clarity, and, "Light".

Also involving Divinity.

www.oberf.org

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 04-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Pathfinder
Alex, I had one NDE well in my opinion nothing near about it, as the result of a MVA and " Brain Death " it bore no relationship or similarity to the one OBE at age 7 which was perhaps induced by anaesthesitc during a tonsilectomy , i left my body and after a quick flight around the operating theater sat on the surgion's shoulder and watched the operation ....
Old 07-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Master
"(Please note: Out of Body experiences and death are two different things. I had had many Out of Body experiences and death was much different, much more freeing - ecstatic!)"

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/john_k_nde.htm

"Then, as days went by, I started noticing a dark shadowy thing down a lone alley or tunnel. I didn't know what it was at first. Then, as it came closer, the more selfish I felt. It was my Ego! When it joined with me all of the lights went out and I was fully human again."

"MD Anderson said that I am the only one in the world to have survived the terminal stage of the cancer."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 02-11-2014, 03:11 AM
DontLetThemIn

This past thursday, I just had an NDE, and I am not sure if it was anything like an OBE because i have never had an OBE.
My NDE, was where I was feeling like i was not in my body, but not in my typical surrounding (maybe more in my mind..?). it was too complicated to understand and therefore too complicated to explain. I was then seeing palm trees and beaches, and (given the circumstances I was in) I was painfully crying/screaming *physically* "Oh my God!! Its Beautiful! I love you!" And as I said I love you I was seeing God.. this amazing imminent white Light, the brightest I have ever seen, but I was able to look. And He welcomed me and healed me. I am explaining my NDE, because the whole time I wasnt conscious as with a physical body. "I literally had no body" is the best way to explain my NDE. I was pure conscious. And im not sure if that was OBE or not. My friend said it sounded astral to her.
I just thought I would throw in my two cents incase maybe it contributed.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Dontlethemin...wow.

I would think, Alex, one's OBEs would influence their NDE...but how?
Wouldn't it be great if we could go to IANDS or NDERF and search
to see.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Alex-Anderson

I have never had an NDE, but loads of projections. Some projections (OBEs) happen where I have gained awareness after I have left my body, I basically have no recollection of the exit. It is often during these skipped exit scenarios that can cause confusion as to where you are and whats happening. This is partly due to the fact how physically real the experience is, and or you may think your dreaming.

Often what feels like a momentary pause suddenly takes place and then something triggers my thoughts towards a warm sensation, and for me that is often the signature that allows me to gain awareness of my physical separation.

The reason I'm curious is because we all develop personal techniques during projections, and mine are deeply engrained. So I have wondered if my signature of seperation or whatever signature others may have during their projections would be similar during an NDE or even in death.

For instance if I had an NDE I'm sure my projections would leave some footprint or ripple effect on how the NDE would unfold.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Master

i've had both. i think the difference is in an OBE you are in the drivers seat. in an NDE you are just along for the ride.

kk