Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 14-10-2019, 04:13 AM
Master
What helps you meditate?

We're all unique. What works for you? Pick any one or share what you will:
Do you play music?
Do you listen to a guided meditation?
Do you count breaths?
Do you observe thoughts?
Do you follow the energy?
How do you prepare for meditation?
What helps your meditation go deeper?
How do you go deeper into witnessing?
Do you keep a regular schedule?
Does belief system matter?
What was your best meditation? Why do you think it happened like that?

Old 14-10-2019, 04:15 AM
janielee

Hi Uma

I was trained a certain way and found it true to it’s promises and teachings, so have been fairly consistent for the most part in following it.

I found time helped, doing it longer or over longer periods of time. I found knowing how to separate truth from fiction helped too at the outset and for that I am particularly grateful.

Jl
Old 14-10-2019, 04:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Hi Uma

I was trained a certain way and found it true to it’s promises and teachings, so have been fairly consistent for the most part in following it.

I found time helped, doing it longer or over longer periods of time. I found knowing how to separate truth from fiction helped too at the outset and for that I am particularly grateful.

Jl

Thanks janielee. Is it a technique you'd like to share? Or is this an approach that would take too long to explain?
Old 14-10-2019, 10:33 AM
Thumbs up

WHAT a great idea for a thread, Uma!! Way to go!
Now, I will tell more later maybe about 'things' that help...
but my very first thought went right to my center...I want God.
I adore God. The Love that comes from God, (don't wanna say 'Him' exactly),
is SO fulfilling, is so the thing that allows me to be filled and feeling wonderful, 'that' alone is what 'helps' me meditate.

It's like asking,"What makes you want to come home to your puppy?"
What makes you want to come home to the one you love?"
The love, cuddling,the feeling you get...you love the feeeeeeling.

Getting centered in the Divine Presence is like a vacation to the beach; laying in the Sun,
soaking up the warmth, listening to the waves, smelling the fresh sea air...it's just the BEST!
It's like a hot water bottle and a cuddly blanket on a cold evening.

Being immersed in, surrounded by , enveloped by His Divine Presence
is 'it' - the reason we're here, not 'here', but why we exist...forever, wherever we are
in whatever form...it is to love and be loved by Him...
whatever comes after, comes after - serving, for example.
Meditation is the bomb.
Other things, preparation you ask - being healthy, feeling great in a completely
comfortable position to forget the body.
Thoughts? If you must have any thought at all - Let it be,
"I know You're there." "I'm here...I will wait...:) I know You're there."
Why would anyone want to observe thoughts!
Meditation is letting go of thoughts, hahahah! Going beyond thought.

Best meditation? Any long meditation - hours and hours and hours...that is when the magic happens!
That's when I am taken to another Zone of experiences, (think like profound NDEs).
That is when God Himself comes -
and suddenly, bam, becoming instantly breathless as He unfolds whatever He does, says
to you whatever He does and that I just can't talk
about anymore, unless it's to my best spiritual friend in private.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-10-2019, 05:33 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Thanks janielee. Is it a technique you'd like to share? Or is this an approach that would take too long to explain?

Of course I’d be happy to share, Uma. May I inquire as to what it is you are looking for as it relates to this thread? I ask because I am aware you have been practicing for a while and I’m not sure if my experiences are of relevance

Namaste
JL
Old 15-10-2019, 05:36 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
We're all unique. What works for you? Pick any one or share what you will:
Do you play music?
Do you listen to a guided meditation?
Do you count breaths?
Do you observe thoughts?
Do you follow the energy?
What helps your meditation go deeper?
How do you go deeper into witnessing?
Do you keep a regular schedule?
Does belief system matter?
What was your best meditation? Why do you think it happened like that?

I don’t listen to music, nor am I averse to sounds.

My meditation if I do it, is silence, presence, divinity and love.

I don’t know about best, but I remember one time I had been meditating for over a month daily for hours, and recall how .. things changed.

Also I note how transformative meditation is; the sort that doesn’t get involved with things is my meditation practice.

I believe consistency and regularity is very important and clearing a part of ones residence for meditation practice is a boon.

Hope any of this is useful.

Namaste,

Jl
Old 15-10-2019, 08:31 AM
hazada guess

I'm new to meditation,but what helps me is that I close my eyes, relax in a quiet place,try to clear my mind and be aware of the darkness from my closed eyelids.
Then I focus on whatever comes into my mind.
(Hope that makes sense).
Old 15-10-2019, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Of course I’d be happy to share, Uma. May I inquire as to what it is you are looking for as it relates to this thread? I ask because I am aware you have been practicing for a while and I’m not sure if my experiences are of relevance

Namaste
JL

As a student I am always open to learning. What has worked for me in the past may need to change in the present as I am a work in progress. Also as a “teacher” it helps me to know how others are learning. On a final note, this thread isn’t for me only. I also thought it would be useful to all and would be happy if it takes on a life of it’s own, in a positive direction. So my suggestion would be to share if you feel comfortable sharing and however you feel guided to.
Old 15-10-2019, 04:18 PM
janielee

Wonderful! Namaste Uma.
Old 15-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Master
Glad you like it Miss Hepburn :) Your deep connection to the Divine is always so inspiring.

Hello hazada guess - sounds like you're off to a great start! Keep it up :)