Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-09-2019, 08:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I was thinking of god's destruction of entire cities, Sodom and Gomorrah, simply because he didn't like a little bit of hanky-panky going on there. Peculiar, since he created the means for the hanky-panky to take place. All those innocents, though....

Yes, you're right. The Bible was a PR document for the Emperor Constantine who dictated what would go into the New Testament and not. He had to sell a consolidated form of Christianity that relied on Jesus Christ being the son of god. The only gospels that reached the NT were those that supported such a view. There were 12 disciples (13 if you include Mary Magdalene) but only 4 gospels got into the Bible. One has to ask why? It's a highly edited document.

Constantine needed a climate of fear, akin to the Jewish fear of god in the Old Testament, to control an increasingly sprawling Roman Empire. The fear of God and divine retribution, the threat of hell, worked, spread by the Roman Church hierarchy across Europe. Constantine had his fears though - that the other gospels would be found and the Gnostics who understood and broadcast them would blow the whistle - so he had the Gnostics murdered and copies of the remaining gospels destroyed. Unfortunately he didn't quite succeed and we now know a good bit about Jesus' other disciples and Mary.

But for Rome I doubt we'd have Christianity in the west....a small cult in Judea based on an exceptionally wise leader and just three years of ministry? The Book is a big part of the history of how Europe developed and how Christianity eventually reached America. It wasn't all peace and love. Far from it. But it was man made.

Many, many years, way back in time, people were really primitive, they used to sacrifice other people ( children also ) as offerings for their gods, the human history is full of blood shed, probabily we would fill oceans with all the blood that was shed out of ignorace, stupidity, selfishness and madness.Those people were really, really evil, and if some of them were destroyed because of the supernatural forces, they got what they deserved, you may say that "karma" did its work, others may say that the Creator intervened, in essence, they got what they deserved.

@Lorelyen, I am really sorry, but you seem not to understand the concept of evil, it was not just some "hanky-panky", it was one of the worst degradation of the human nature ( bestiality, in in other words, acting like a beast ), well of course, according to the bible, but why someone would make up such things? We know that such things really happened, as I said, people were really primitive, it's the human history.

Nevertheless, the Bible contains the word of the Creator, its final message being, "Love your neighbour as yourself and love the Creator more than anything", of course, you can not force love but this is the requierment for reaching that state of "enlightement", that state of union with the Creator.To be able to express such love one needs to wake up, to really wake up... from this illusion that takes over us.It's my opinion that the Word of the Creator ( His message to humanity ) is found in all the religions of the world.

Wars have been started in the name of religion, but was it really religion that started wars or was it man? Religion was just an excuse.. in the same way the terrorists use religion as an excuse.In their question for power and control, they used christianity as a tool, but in doing so, they kept alive the teachings of Christ, His teachings are there.
Old 28-09-2019, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
I've been reading suicidal near death experience accounts, and there are plenty of reports where people say they've learned that suicide is an act of rebellion against god's purpose for us, it's throwing this precious gift known as "life" back in god's face, and that people will be penalized/punished for their act of suicide. They'll remain miserable in a very dark place for hundreds or thousands of years, and god, or his angels, won't rescue them, since that's their punishment. I personally think such a punishment would be unjust in the eyes of a perfect, all-loving, all-just god. So, I don't think god is perfect, all-loving, and all-just if he's delivering such a cruel, unjust punishment. Lastly, here's a link which talks about souls being punished for suicide. You must scroll down to the Life After Life excerpt. There, you'll read about the punishment for suicide:

https://the-formula.org/near-death-experiences-suicide/

I don’t believe everything I read
Old 29-09-2019, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
I've been reading suicidal near death experience accounts, and there are plenty of reports where people say they've learned that suicide is an act of rebellion against god's purpose for us, it's throwing this precious gift known as "life" back in god's face, and that people will be penalized/punished for their act of suicide. They'll remain miserable in a very dark place for hundreds or thousands of years, and god, or his angels, won't rescue them, since that's their punishment. I personally think such a punishment would be unjust in the eyes of a perfect, all-loving, all-just god. So, I don't think god is perfect, all-loving, and all-just if he's delivering such a cruel, unjust punishment. Lastly, here's a link which talks about souls being punished for suicide. You must scroll down to the Life After Life excerpt. There, you'll read about the punishment for suicide:

i believe we all have things to learn and experience in this lifetime, if we cut that short by commiting suicide, one would have to do everything all over again until the tasks are finished and lessons are learned. Whatever pain or depression one is dealing with in this lifetime, one should really ask, do I want to put myself through this stuff again? Maybe it's not that simple but that's just my view on it.
Old 29-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
i believe we all have things to learn and experience in this lifetime, if we cut that short by commiting suicide, one would have to do everything all over again until the tasks are finished and lessons are learned. Whatever pain or depression one is dealing with in this lifetime, one should really ask, do I want to put myself through this stuff again? Maybe it's not that simple but that's just my view on it.

Or you could ditch those beliefs in coming here with pre committed lessons to learn, & do as I am going to do, which is leave this planet behind, via my own hand, as soon as my folks do not need my assistance any longer & I am hoping that time will come by the time I am 62'ish...I am 57 years young at the moment.

My folks choose to dismiss my beliefs, of spirit & life eternal. well that is their choice, & as soon as they are in age care, my five siblings can then take over caring, & I can continue my life, living in total abundance in the spiritual Heavens supplied for us to live in for our safety & happiness, any time that we choose to move there, in our lives from our conception onwards.

It is my understanding that we only come to this planet in order to receive our personal identity given to us at our conception from our once only biological parents.
We can learn EVERYTHING in life in the spiritual lands/Heavens "& more", than we could possibly learn here.
Old 29-09-2019, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Or you could ditch those beliefs in coming here with pre committed lessons to learn, & do as I am going to do, which is leave this planet behind, via my own hand, as soon as my folks do not need my assistance any longer & I am hoping that time will come by the time I am 62'ish...I am 57 years young at the moment.

My folks choose to dismiss my beliefs, of spirit & life eternal. well that is their choice, & as soon as they are in age care, my five siblings can then take over caring, & I can continue my life, living in total abundance in the spiritual Heavens supplied for us to live in for our safety & happiness, any time that we choose to move there, in our lives from our conception onwards.

It is my understanding that we only come to this planet in order to receive our personal identity given to us at our conception from our once only biological parents.
We can learn EVERYTHING in life in the spiritual lands/Heavens "& more", than we could possibly learn here.
no one is 100% right or wrong. There's endless beliefs out there. When you have nothing sometimes beliefs is all you have and you hold on to them regardless of what your peers say.
Old 29-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Deactivated Account
No one:

Literally no one:

Absolutely no one in the universe:

God: *gets angry at his own creation*
Old 29-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
No one:

Literally no one:

Absolutely no one in the universe:

God: *gets angry at his own creation*
no one is 100% right or wrong. And you truly believe that all blame goes away. Once you stop blaming others the sky is the limit. It's not easy not to place because the one has to take responsibility for there own choices no matter what they choose.
Old 29-09-2019, 12:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
no one is 100% right or wrong. And you truly believe that all blame goes away. Once you stop blaming others the sky is the limit. It's not easy not to place because the one has to take responsibility for there own choices no matter what they choose.

A while ago, someone used me for his own benefit while ignoring me afterwards like an unimportant piece of trash. I told him the truth that I'm not too keen of that kind of bullsh#t and he personally admitted himself that it was wrong and how sorry he was. So I was 99% right on this one, if not 100% ?
Old 29-09-2019, 01:23 PM
Master

Quote:

There just has to be millions of people, if not billions, who ask themselves how it is that they were not asked whether or not they wanted to be born. So throwing back an unrequested life by ridding oneself of such a possible encumbrance borders tightly on common sense. Added to this is the (by some people obviously accepted) fact that after a life of say 40 years one is judged on performance in the goody/baddie stakes and may be going to burn for eternity - or at least until the god of love changes its stance.
No, any decent god, wouldn't harm anything and would undertake everything possible to keep people fit and well and happy But it isn't like that in this world and anyone who uses the tactics of fear to collect followers is one of the baddies.

So BOO to any such said 'loving god'.

Some of us have it good, some of us have seen how it could have been for us personally, we on our high horses should be careful about the words we use and the ideas we spread. Such negative reports as the ones you refer to only add to the burden of of negativity swirling around.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 29-09-2019, 06:50 PM
Master

Quote:
no one is 100% right or wrong. There's endless beliefs out there. When you have nothing sometimes beliefs is all you have and you hold on to them regardless of what your peers say.

I hold onto my beliefs, because they are proven to me, "beyond a shadow of a doubt", moment by moment each & every day & night.

& they are proven to me in the most extraordinary phenomenal ways, by ex'carnate beings.
And what I have become aware of would blow your mind.

And also what I have become aware of has totally removed from me, the desire to live on this planet any longer.
What I have discovered of the non physical unseen, has devastated me so much, that I have pretty much removed myself from society & life on this planet in general, & I await for my folks to be without the need for my assistance any longer. In fact if my siblings stepped up & took over, I would be off this planet within two days.

I can assure you that I am a person of very many capable abilities in life. I was even once a professional contact sports person and a state & national champion in that field & a capable social person who did not & still does not need government assistance & nor do I have mental disorders.
However my experiences with the non physical unseen life has, as i did mention, DISCUSTED & shocked me to the core, & I find it very difficult to have a desire to be on this planet any longer.

And of my beliefs & awareness of them...well you have "NO" idea.