Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
That's not possible though is it, if that particular body is finished. Or do you mean back into the reincarnation process? Complete acceptance means not having to return to this plane?

In my experience there are many realms in the afterlife. There are realms where entities are waiting to reincarnate. There are flowing realms, dynamic realms, realms where what you think instantly manifests, realms where you are incapable of thinking or having thought. Some realms have four dimensions or more. The realm closest to physical life is commonly called the "astral plane," and it resembles life here on Earth. I feel going into the light takes a consciousness beyond all of these realms.

Whatever realm a being dwells in their body is similar to the fabric of that realm, like here on Earth our physical body is 2/3rds water like the Earth. In a realm of radiant energy your body would be similar to that radiant energy, in and airy realm your body would be similar to that. When we enter the light we have no body and must come totally naked, absolutely clear in our willingness of acceptance. I have had many out-of-body experiences in different realms, but I do say others may have experienced it differently as it is so subjective.
Old 23-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Still Waters, In my opinion there is really no such thing as “past” or “future,” these are but common words I use to help others understand the gist of what I am sharing. Everything is but a reflection in the eternal now. Reincarnation is as much and illusion as current physical human life. The human state of being is and illusive dream state, and that includes reincarnation. The Akashic Record is the cosmic memory of that dream state. Memories are reflections. The simple answer is that my friend could have tapped into a so-called past experience from the akashic record. I don’t know, but I found her speaking French in a man‘s voice intriguing.

What you wrote is not surprising at all. As a matter of fact, I am virtually in complete agreement with what you wrote.

Regarding reincarnation, I concur with Ramana Maharshi's explicit statement that "the reincarnating ego is of the lower planes", which is ultimately consistent with what you wrote.

Having practiced conscious sleep and having observed the process of dream formation, it gave me a better understanding of the mental fabrication generally called "time".

...and, yes, the akashic records are the "cosmic memory", or the Cosmic Mind as I call it. Same thing. Slightly different words.
Old 23-09-2019, 11:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Death

One must prepare for the inevitable on a daily basis. People in general try to make their earthly existence into "paradise"!
Old 24-09-2019, 01:05 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
When I was born there were 4-billion people on Earth and today we have more than 7-billion. The world’s population has almost doubled in my lifetime. There must be a lot of new souls, or consciousness which is taking human form for the first time. I have read that some people believe that the world’s population will come to a standstill in 2100 and few if any babies will be born. If so, that would mean a slow down or stop in reincarnation.

I suspect there's an endless amount of souls ready to incarnate, if we consider the people on other planets, beings from the elemental, angelic and demon race, souls in purgatories, it wouldn't make sense to me to favor new souls over them, but I'm just conjecturing.

It's an interesting thing to think about, the amount of people who died since the beginning is far greater than the number of people currently alive, so many could be reincarnating from different eras...

Here's an article about it:

According to estimates by demographic researchers at the Population Reference Bureau (PRB), as of 2015, there have been 108.2 billion who have ever been born. Taking away the roughly 7.4 billion who are alive today, we get 100.8 billion who have died before us.

There are almost 14x more people dead than alive! That would make for one massive army of zombies, ghosts and White Walkers. Or, if you prefer to be more optimistic, you can think that the living are about 6.8% percent of everyone who'd ever lived. For the sake of simplicity (and to take into account the people born in the past year), lets round up the percentage to 7. We are the 7%. Let's make the most of it!

https://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/how...n-planet-earth
Old 24-09-2019, 02:54 AM
janielee

Quote:
can be done during our waking hours here on Earth. Become awake enough and you can mold and shape
this human life to your liking with little effort.

The majority of mistakes and challenges I have had in this life have been due to a lack of awareness.
Awareness is a state of being awake, and we can not wake up enough.

Starman,

Thank you for your sharings

1. Are you familiar with those whom no longer dream?

2. Can you speak more to above? Eg. I don’t like the constricting nature of a “job” per se even though I’m grateful to have one. How can And does An Awakened One mood reality to their liking

3. Of course I believe the trick to all this is you can’t fool God. There’s no cheating and only the Light Loves and Shines True Light

Thanks for sharing

JL
Old 24-09-2019, 09:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Starman, Thank you for your sharings

1. Are you familiar with those whom no longer dream?
2. Can you speak more to above? Eg. I don’t like the constricting nature of a “job” per se even though I’m grateful to have one. How can And does An Awakened One mood reality to their liking
3. Of course I believe the trick to all this is you can’t fool God. There’s no cheating and only the Light Loves and Shines True Light

Thanks for sharing JL

Most, if not all, have REM sleep, and REM sleep is and indication that a person is dreaming. Adults usually only dream about 20% to 25% of the total time they are asleep. The rest of it is Non-REM sleep where they do not dream. Children and the elderly have different percentages of REM sleep than adults. Most people do not remember their dreams unless those dreams are intense. It might be helpful to put pen and pad near your bed and write down your dreams as soon as you awaken.

I have heard people talk about the law of attraction, and others talk about creative visualization, when referring to manifesting their desires. But how this came to me was different than both of those. And I say “came to me” because it was not my goal, rather it was something I acquired along the path of my regular spiritual practice. I am protected and taken care of, of this I have no doubt. I have seen many helpful things serendipitously manifest in my life, and today I am supremely blessed.

Basically I would say start by trying to stay awake in your dreams while your body is sleeping, and manipulate the dream you are having while your physical body sleeps. It takes practice to become aware in your dream that you are dreaming. But once you become aware of it you can do just about anything in your dream.

There is a certain feeling a person has when they are manipulating their own dreams, basically they are using their will to mold the dream as they desire. Once a person has gained some mastery at manipulating their dreams while their physical body is asleep, they gain a deeper understanding of how to manipulate the dream we call human life while they are awake in their physical body. Our dreams while our physical body sleeps can teach us a great deal.

To speed things up practice being quiet inside and staying centered. The more spiritual energy you nurture and allow to build within you, and the more one becomes conscious of that energy, the more influence they will have over their physical human life. This usually comes with disciplined spiritual development. There is a verse in the Christian Bible that I think relates to this; Mathew 6:28, “And why do you worry about clothes? Consider the lilies of the field how they grow, they neither toil nor spin.”

Another related spiritual verse is from The Pattern on the Trestle-board, a metaphysical teaching talking about the source of life, “From the Exhaustless Riches of the Limitless Substance, I draw all things needful, both spiritual and material.” The more a person gathers that pure divine energy unto themselves, in my experience, the more their life falls into place. But do it without expectations of getting anything in return. Our awareness grows when we practice inner silence. At least this is my experience.
Old 24-09-2019, 03:09 PM
Knower

Probably when someone is dead, they’re dead. It's just like going under general anesthesia without the “waking up part, or like a dreamless sleep” There isn't anyone who died that could tell us what it’s like after death. We have our great grandpa ashes in a urn and we haven’t heard anything coming out of it. His belief was that matter cannot be destroyed. He was a scientist.

Great grandpa died. He still has not performed the agreed upon action if he had found there to be life after his death, and, with a bit over 5 years to accomplish that, I can continue to maintain that there is nothing except our memories of him after death. At the moment the current view is that consciousness is brain created, and once the brain dies the person dies as well and that might be the end (examples of people with severe brain damage, or going unconscious). Despite repeated NDEs there is still no proof of the Afterlife, in fact many people that had NDEs don't recall anything while "dead", they were just unaware (no thinking, no memories, no senses). What happens to a dead phone, or to a dead computer without electricity? Or to a candle that is no longer burning? In other words, being dead is just like not being conceived and born at all in the first place from the “perspective” (or rather lack thereof) of the dead person/people/organism etc. in question.

There is not one shred of evidence that indicates the existence of a “soul” or an eternal resting place waiting for us after we die. People that claim that they had spiritual experiences might be hallucinating or might be charlatans (fraud). How was it 10 000 years before someone (a living) was born, he/she/it was unaware I guess, so maybe it will be the same. Thinking, memories, smelling, hearing, seeing, feeling all require brain activity, when someone dies their brain dies as well so that might be the end, otherwise they can be blamed on hallucinations of a dying brain. Nobody that died for long enough came back to say that there is something as an afterlife, and skeptics can't prove that something imaginary doesen't exist, it's the same as with Santa Claus, Unicorns or any other ancient story from our ancestors that couldn't explain things and required faith, just wishful thinking that provides comfort

Yes, energy can neither be created nor destroyed. That means that the energy in your body will be used after you die by various decomposers in order to keep them alive.

The afterlife is a tantalizing concept, the idea that we get more life, that those we love are still okay. But us wanting it to be real doesn’t make it real, no matter how much we wish it did.

Last edited by EdmundJohnstone : 24-09-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 24-09-2019, 07:10 PM
Master
EdmundJohnstone, Thank you for sharing. We are all entitled to our opinions, and we will all personally know sooner or later if there is truly life after human death. Human beings have a very narrow definition of “life.” Scientists say that there is life on Mars because they found water there; it just might be what we humans call “microbial life,” but nonetheless it is life.

To me life is the energy that we are. When a person dies the life leaves their body, that is them leaving. Science will never be able to prove that a person has a deeper being or soul, because science is objective and spirituality is subjective. A person’s relationship with their “soul” is the most intimate relationship possible. We don’t need to prove it to anyone, all we need is to prove it to ourselves; that is how intimate it is. There is no proof that human beings can think, we only see the results of their thinking but we do not see the thoughts themselves; yet everyone agrees that people can think because it is a common human experience.

I can not speak to what a person will experience after human death; your death will be as unique as you are. Not everyone on Earth has the same experience. We humans have more in common than we do that is different but we still have our uniqueness. I have no doubt that there is and immortal state of being within my physical body.

I worked in the healthcare field for 4-decades, saw people who were pronounced dead, put in the morgue, and just before their autopsy began they woke up with fantastic stories of the afterlife. I have worked with patients who were in a coma who could not move any part of their physical body, and some of them after months or years came out of that coma with all sorts of stories. A person loses and arm or leg and can still feel the presence of that arm or leg long after it is gone. Some call it “a phantom limb.”

I have known lots of people who have had near-death and out-of body experiences that took them beyond this physical world, and I myself have had such experiences. There are people who have had none of these experiences and they have no reference for them. But people who have ventured beyond the physical have references, and for them the experience of life after human death is more real than physical life here on Earth.

I can not speak to the death of your grandfather. My grandparents on both sides of my family, my mom and dad, and several siblings, have all died, and I have had no contact from them but that does not falter the unmistakable knowledge which I have been blessed to gain about life after human death.

I was a U.S. Army combat medic during the Vietnam War, and later went to work in the civilian medical field. I have seen hundreds of dead people, some died in my arms talking to me with their last breath. I have carried dead babies in my arms, and seen people die in all sorts of ways. I also studied with the late Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, a noted thanatologist. What I share here is from my experiences. In my opinion we are and energy which can neither be created nor destroyed, and after human death our experience depends on how we have mentally and emotionally conditioned ourselves, what we are holding on to, etc. We come face to face with ourselves.

What you are talking about is “awareness” when you talk about “a dreamless sleep” or the ability to communicate beyond the grave. It is highly probable that at the time of death some people do fall into a dreamless sleep. People who practice quiet meditation have often experienced and existence without thoughts, memories, desires, or dreams, but just because we don’t have these things does not mean that we do not continue to exist. For me, right now, at this very moment, there is more to us below the surface than there is on the surface.
Old 24-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Question: how do you know this and where have you seen hundreds of people die? Have at least some of them told you what it's like in their final moments? Just being curious here.

personally, I think some people got off easy whereas other people suffer a slow and agonising death. Imagine being burned alive, or beaten to death by a spoon (which in this case, may take years). With the exception of suicide, we don't get to choose when and how long it will take.
Old 24-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordnael
I suspect there's an endless amount of souls ready to incarnate, if we consider the people on other planets, beings from the elemental, angelic and demon race, souls in purgatories, it wouldn't make sense to me to favor new souls over them, but I'm just conjecturing.

It's an interesting thing to think about, the amount of people who died since the beginning is far greater than the number of people currently alive, so many could be reincarnating from different eras...

Here's an article about it:

According to estimates by demographic researchers at the Population Reference Bureau (PRB), as of 2015, there have been 108.2 billion who have ever been born. Taking away the roughly 7.4 billion who are alive today, we get 100.8 billion who have died before us.

There are almost 14x more people dead than alive! That would make for one massive army of zombies, ghosts and White Walkers. Or, if you prefer to be more optimistic, you can think that the living are about 6.8% percent of everyone who'd ever lived. For the sake of simplicity (and to take into account the people born in the past year), lets round up the percentage to 7. We are the 7%. Let's make the most of it!

A couple of thoughts.

In some teachings, the elemental and angelic beings are not part of the human evolutionary system (which began in the mineral kingdom and progressed through the vegetable and animal kingdoms). Elemental and angelic beings follow the Devic line of evolution, a parallel evolution. Ideally the two evolutionary streams would work together in harmony, but humanity in its current state is very out of balance.

People sometimes look at the current population of the Earth and wonder where all these Souls are incarnating from. It could be argued that in the Earth scheme there are e.g. 20 billion human souls on the various planes including the physical (this figure is just plucked at random). So in 1900 there were less than 2 billion in physical form, now we are heading towards 8 billion. There are still plenty of human souls out of incarnation doing whatever they do before taking on new bodies. No need for people from other planets.

And these estimates of the number of people ever born are based on the orthodox ideas of human history, which only allows for a short period of human existence. If we accept the idea of past civilisations such as Atlantean and Lemurian going back much further in time, the actual number of humans ever born could be much much higher.

Peace