Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 04-02-2019, 10:37 AM
Master

Dealing with autism

This life I’m having a lot of trouble with information processing. My mind tries to process a huge bulk of information everyday which they call autism. What are related subjects that can improve my understanding of the spiritual side of autism or the more energy-work like sides? In my head I feel/sense what’s wrong. There are parts that have to evolve somehow to improve the information flow and process more data. A while ago it felt (in my words back then) like my chakra’s “died” while they actually might’ve “changed” a bit as far as I know that means nothing to my conscious knowledge (but I always have far more unprocessed knowledge somewhere I guess). How can I better my mind? How can I support it’s growth process? And please don’t say things like diet because my diet may not be perfect but it’s fine.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:18 AM
Administrator
I can only give you my opinion firstly I don't believe diet has got anything to do with your condition. second'ly a lot of people with Autism are very alert and clever. my friends son was firt diagnosed with Asperges and that is only because I kept telling my friend that she needed to get him looked at. doctors kept telling her that she was a first time mother.
so I went with her to get checked I demanded they look at him again .He was seven when they diagnosed him with autism.
he could tell you the 24 hour clock in seconds he knows his music he can tell you who the singer is and what the song is about. other things he has got no chance of living an individual life he has got no road sense.
I was in my friends one day when he became violent towards her. i shouted at him and sent him to his room to think why it was wrong to do what he did.
now if his head is full of questions and he cant communicate he goes straight to his room. he loves his lava lamp it calms him his bedroom is his safe Haven. I Did mental health when I did my counselling so I have got some experience in this.

Namaste
Old 04-02-2019, 03:13 PM
Guide

Sensory overload and processing issues are so aggravating. I'm somewhere on the spectrum too, and too much information or sensory input causes me to shut down. Literally. I retreat to a dark, quiet safe place and withdraw from the world until my head can catch up.

Diet doesn't seem to help, though cutting way back on sugar has improved my health.

Emotional issues I have a fair number of, so I worked with a counselor for a time to learn how to cope. She taught me about meditation and conscious breathing. Those help. Those help a LOT.

I would suggest the first step would be to simply accept your mind as it is. Then list concrete steps or areas you think you can improve on. For me jigsaw puzzles and video games (yes really) helped improve my focus and attention span.

When I get frazzled and can't really communicate (my words and thoughts get all jumbled and I make no sense, even to me) I withdraw from the conversation, smile politely, and stop talking. Then I find a quiet place (even if just in my cubicle doing routine work) and let my mind calm down again before attempting to explain myself or carry on conversation.

Counselling might be a good place to start, if you are looking for someone with expertise in this field. I can only offer those things that I have discovered through trial and error.

Best of luck to you!
Old 03-03-2019, 12:26 AM
ant

Hi realizefun,

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizefun
How can I better my mind? How can I support it’s growth process?

Lookup hemp seed oil.

Good luck.: )
Old 03-03-2019, 05:03 AM
Master
My son has autism and he expresses it similarly to Blue Tiger.

I remember a teacher explaining that sensory overload is like filling a glass with water. When it is full, nothing else can go in, so you have to find activities that help you empty your glass. Try to notice what makes your energy level is too high, just right or too low. If you know what your triggers are, you Can look for solutions.

Every person is different and what calms one person may agitate another.

You can google sensory integration or sensory overload. You might find some ideas.

I made my son a blanket out of old blue jeans and it was just heavy enough to be calming. Some people like activities with swings. We had a hammock like chair in our house. My son is calmed by fidgeting with something small enough to fit in his hand. When flip and slide phones were popular, he wore out a few, not from using the phone, but from opening and closing them or sliding them.

Finding the things that calm you will take some investigation on your part.

Talking with a counselor or an advisor or working with an occupational therapist who are familiar with autism Can be helpful. My son’s advisor at University is amazing at helping him find “work arounds” to the things that shut him down.

I wish you the best!
Old 05-03-2019, 05:33 PM
ant

One thing i've learnt,don't attach to labels.

I've gone through most of my life,wondering why i'm different,why i don't fit in and why i can't relate to the majority.

I've thought at times,well i'm just an 'introvert',then later in life 'Aspergers',then quite recently 'Incarnated elemental'.

Just all labels at the end of the day,labels to dumb one down,labels from a corrupt capitalist system.

Yes,incarnated elemental too,a non truth to a purported truth,which is a non truth.

A lot of spiritual stuff on the net that is no different to the man made bible,fake with no substance of truth.

This and other labels are deisgned to confuse people other than just accepting and 'being'.

Those that are different,just have to realize it is the system that is wrong,it's not them.

I am thankful,i have had very little family in this life,they have just accepted me for me and didn't at anytime attach a label and say i was this and that.

I believe the high incidence of those being born now on the spectrum are the new race,the next step in evolution.

IF i were to attach a label...

As for 'awakenings',people who can't be 'switched on',will just die.

It's happening and the truth is coming to light.

My 2 cents.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:34 AM
Administrator
I have a Neighbour who loves Labels I have told her time and time again to get her 14 year old son checked again, because he is Autistic so she says. he has not got autism but the label brings her more money from social.
he goes to a unit because he refused to go to school they have got pupils there with autism and other disabilities. even they have asked why he is there because he is not autistic.
she says he was diagnosed at 1 year old I said no he is so spoilt he gets everything he wants if he cant he will have a tantrum.

she has been told by proffesionals in the hospital he is not autistic but if the label goes so her money goes down. she took him her grandkids her favourite daughter fot a sunday roast to the pub, he had a tantrum because he only had one burger and one roast dinner.
she told the guy who owns the pub he is autistic it is what she says to everyone. he turned to her and said I have a severely autistic son and he is better behaved than your son she didn't know where to put her face.
he is 14 and 27 stone will get on the bus on his own call a taxi and have a conversation with the driver.
so she came up with another Label for him.border line autistic so I said that is called Aspergeis he is not that either.
so labels come in handy for her.

Namaste