Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 30-11-2010, 03:17 AM
Guide
Do our past lives affect our life now?

... And by life I just mean our favorite colors,songs,pets ETC.
Eg.- We could hear a song on the radio and we love it because
deep down our spirit minds can relate to the story in the song because
in a past life we dealt with it before even if we can't remember.
Or we could love the green because in our spirit minds favorite
past life we had a room that color or something.

How much do you think our past lives affect who we are and
what we like or do now?
Old 30-11-2010, 03:24 AM
Master
it affects mine quite a lot...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 30-11-2010, 03:47 AM
Guide
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
it affects mine quite a lot...

If you don't mind me asking; in what way does it?
Old 30-11-2010, 04:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
If you don't mind me asking; in what way does it?
well, in the way of your example....i was a musician in my last life, but i wasnt aware of this life until later...it explains how when i taught myself to play, it was more like i was remembering how to play, and thats because i literally was...also, learning of situations that happened to me in a past life showed the origins of fears i used to have, and discovering the origin of these fears enabled me to be rid of them and their effects, as well as explaining where they came from, because i sure couldnt figure it out before lol...all in all, it's worthwhile to find these things out, because it's the quickest way to be rid of any ill effects from them...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 30-11-2010, 04:25 AM
Master
I believe it affects mine too. My fears, my happiness, my loves, my hobbies I beleive are all past life affected.
Spiritlite.
Old 30-11-2010, 05:17 AM
Sangress

Since I remember most of my past lives from beginning to end, they effect my perceptions greatly.

The way in which they effect me depend on the situation and my frame of mind.
Old 30-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Administrator
Yes i believe our past lives can affect our lives now, i have always had a hatred of injustice, it came from my past life as Native American when our lands were stolen from us,
and i still carry that feeling to this day, i will fight against any form of injustice i dont care who against, or how long it takes,

Namaste
Old 30-11-2010, 11:38 AM
SandybytheSea

Hi Lovely,
As a past life regression therapist, I love it when people go through a regression and then "get it" in so many ways. They recognise not only why they have a particular talent, or a fascination with a particular country or time in history, or why they have a birthmark some place (often the site of an old death-wound) but they also recognise people in their current life they knew in other lives in different roles, and suddenly the entire jigsaw falls into place and makes sense.
Old 30-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Master
Sandy funny I was reading about birthmarks doing that one day, and Dan mentioned I have one on my back that literally looks like a stabwound, like I got stabbed in the back physically or emotionally, I didn't believe him so he took a pic and sure as you know what it was a stab wound.
Spiritlite.
Sandy I wish you could past life regress me you sound amazing.
Old 30-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Ascender
Past life’s do affects you

I have some past life’s where I were really evil – not just the everyday evil – kick a cat fore amusement – but the evil that makes almost every saint crumble in the dust. Not that I am proud of it but I have accepted it and learned form it.

In this life I was lucky to get help in an early age I have been working to understand myself better all my life.

But how does this affect me in this life – After learning about the darkness and how it works and accepting that part of my past life I today understand evil. This tool seems irrelevant but it’s useful to me in this life.
When I write “understanding evil” I mean how it works and with this knowledge I know how to unwork it ore protect me from it. The hardest thing is to see people that have accepted the darkness and makes use of It, I feel sorry for them and tears rolls down my face, because I know the situation they are in.

Thanks to many years of work and regression therapy