Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 27-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I am just curious as to why one wants to connect to the Faeries ?

Dream Angel xx
In most Celtic, ancient in particular, cultures people left offerings and gifts to the fair-folk because it was a mutual contract between the people the fairies. In the old Irish myth of the coming of the Milesians (humans), they had defeated the Tuatha De Danaan (gods) and entered an agreement that Ireland was to be split in half, the Sons of Mil having everything above the ground, and the De Danaan having everything below it. And it was considered customary to give the first milking to the hill-dwellers, along with other food items in order to stay in relatively good faith with them, otherwise the crops wouldn't grow and livestock would become sick. Such traditions eventually evolved into the later concepts of fairies, both seelie (mostly nice if treated good) and unseelie (not so nice) courts, and so forth.

But somehow I doubt that most people who speak of connecting with or getting to know the good folk are wanting to avert a bad harvest So it goes to show how things can be radically changed when it comes to what stands behind a name.
Old 29-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Experiencer

I have always known fairies to be mischievous and child-like. They are drawn to me, and I had to give them a place to play. I was getting annoyed by them, they made things go missing.
Old 29-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Deactivated Account

oh oh, this could explain a few missing items ! I lost a book once, just shortly after I bought it... so I bought a second one, same book. Then that one went missing too ! A year or so later, found the first book, still missing the second one. And I have a missing crystal or two.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 29-07-2011, 01:13 PM
seahorse

"BAMF" Zmilin' Gooroo bak vrom Gaga deit wif hot Gagan cheek !! Zmilin' Gooroo bringz taidingz glad ! Zmilin' Gooroo bringz inzait !

"Typically when we talk about faeries we think of Ireland, and their are stories galore about the wee folk that originate from Irish culture. Did you know that the word “Faeries” is actually a french word meaning the land? Take it back further in time and you will find latin origin, with the word “fata” meaning guardian spirit.

Fata, in old world definition, is also derived from the word Fatum, which means a decision, a course set."

Yo Eintzel ov Drimz, connekt wif zpirit of Motha Erth, fiil her enertzies, Motha Erth iz Motha, alvays kares for her tsildren....Oh ! Cristalz = tsildren ov Motha Erth too ! Azk dem ! Hed herts 2 mats theenkin' gotta go "BAMF"
Old 29-07-2011, 01:17 PM
scorpiowitch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
In most Celtic, ancient in particular, cultures people left offerings and gifts to the fair-folk because it was a mutual contract between the people the fairies.

This is how I was raised...we always had to "appease" them - in my mom's words (she is mostly Irish) and with my dad it was "don't make them jealous", he was mostly Slovak. I don't know what kind of elementals that region of the world has but he would refer to them as spirits....

And DreamAngel, I am always getting things borrowed. I am still waiting for my carnelian to come back They did bring back my flourite, though!
Old 29-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Deactivated Account

Zmiling Gooroo, are you following me ? That was a quick deit ! LOL !

Your inzait is always velcome . Most interesting on the land and guardian spirits connection. Yes, makes sense then the connection with Mother Earth. I knew you would find a way to bring crystals into the conversation

"Eintzel ov Drimz" ~ would you believe this took me a few trys to figure this out ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 29-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Deactivated Account

hi scorpiowitch ! Most interesting on the different lines of thinking from different countries, as whether to appease or not to upset.

On waiting for your carnelian, maybe you don't need that anymore ? I have heard that sometimes when crystals have done what they were here to help with, they somehow disappear ( now we know how they disappear ! ) I have heard the Faeries enjoy sweet treats, perhaps you could persuade them, with a cookie or two to return your carnelian to you ?

in English, translated as bribery, lol !

Expect Miracles !

Old 29-07-2011, 01:33 PM
seahorse

"Eintzel ov Drimz" ~ would you believe this took me a few trys to figure this out ? Meibi U zhould gow bai a Gooroo diktsionaree ! Lern 2 zpik rait laik mi bahahaha
Old 29-07-2011, 01:34 PM
scorpiowitch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi scorpiowitch ! Most interesting on the different lines of thinking from different countries, as whether to appease or not to upset.

On waiting for your carnelian, maybe you don't need that anymore ? I have heard that sometimes when crystals have done what they were here to help with, they somehow disappear ( now we know how they disappear ! ) I have heard the Faeries enjoy sweet treats, perhaps you could persuade them, with a cookie or two to return your carnelian to you ?

in English, translated as bribery, lol !

I know, I know...both explanations could work but I REALLY loved it and it was one of my firsts, so it is special. I tried bribery and it didn't work...I have dogs so leaving sweet treats would not make it to the faeries, lol...An exchange has worked for my sister with some bracelets
Old 29-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Deactivated Account

oh you are right, won't work if you have dogs in the house.

just curious, how does an exchange work with your sister, if you don't have the crystal to exchange with ?

Expect Miracles !