Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-11-2011, 02:40 PM
PanBaccha

My ashes to merge with the primordial womb of the world ... the ocean.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:50 PM
yinepu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlies Angel
I want to be cremated to the song "Don't fear the reaper". Then all my loved ones to have a massive booze up and talk about their happy memories. My mum said she's booked her funeral and has arranged for us all to go for a Chinese after!

OMG that is sooo funny , you cracked me up ... going out for chinese after, that is like my mum, "ok im dead get over it go have chinese and a beer.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:40 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
To borrow the punch line of a joke dealing with what one hopes would be said about oneself at one's funeral -

"Look! He's moving!"

B'shalom,

Peter

Jim
Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 AM
glenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Except that it's someone else who's going to have to worry about what they're going to do with your old clothes.

No mate, it's just me and the cat, and he'll be gone before me. Friends are the same as me.. when it's done it's done
Old 06-11-2011, 06:50 AM
glenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Or leaving others to deal with the mess often left behind when folk don't/won't make preparations.

In my case 'Others' will have instructions Keith, and they'll know what to do... They'll bung on a Tribal tune full vol', raise a glass, and then get on with their own journeys. The council will pay for whatever, and it'll be about time that they did 'cause the damp is still coming through my wall.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:28 PM
deepsea

Heard about a couple of funerals in Oz.

One was a mother in law and the first 'hymn' was....'The Old Witch is gone'

Two was a man and the music was 'You devil,You'.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Experiencer

Ah, those Aussies for you!

Jim
Old 09-11-2011, 10:08 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Ah, those Aussies for you!

Jim

Weird sense of humour,but good.
There always a 'meaning' to it,too.
Have to be quick to catch it.

Joan
Old 10-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Experiencer

They sound like the Irish.

Jim
Old 10-11-2011, 11:39 AM
deepsea

So they do,the Irish have their own sense of humour.

I had an Irish neighbour a few years ago,a dear old man who passed away last year.
He was 96 years!

I popped over one Xmas morning to see how he was and there was another guy there dressed in plain clothes.
Old Mic (as we used to call him) asked us if we would like a wee drop of whisky.
I refused cos it was a bit early in the morning for me!

Then Mic said to the other guy 'Would you like a wee drap of Irish whisky,FATHER?'

I nearly fell over!

I thought if he can drink one,so can I!