Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-12-2018, 04:16 AM
Master
do you think you've found your life's purpose?

I hope this will be an interesting thread

the thread doesn't really need an introduction as the title question speaks for itself, but I will write anyway lol.. Some people instinctively know what they want to be when they're a child. sometimes they're right though often they're wrong. so maybe we could also share here what we thought we wanted to be when we grew up before we grew up.. and I know many including myself still may not consider themselves grown up, but either way did you have an idea or crazy aspirations when young? and if you did or didn't do that, what ultimately happened or what caused you to reconsider?

Then many of us switch course as we get older or have numerous things we want to do.. while some still feel they never really know and just settle to pay the bills. or you might have that dream job idea which seems silly, but you never know, with a little creative ingenuity it might just be possible for you to create that field of dreams. write about as many topics related to the jobs you have or want as you feel like.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As for me, I recall from a photograph that I went to 5th grade career day in a floral sunset toned dress and wanted to be a movie star. but anxiety got in the way of that, and literally being able to talk to people most of my life prevented me from making it on the silver screen scene or even trying to. not sure how serious I was.. but I also can't fake laugh and don't know how anyone does it lol so I was set up for failure even if I could act, which I don't know that I can.. Not living this childhood dream doesn't really bother me, though I do wish I had the elocution and confidence to make youtube videos teaching and potentially enlightening people. maybe some day.

What I want to do now, involves healing and creativity though there are a lot of avenues I'd love to go. I'm interested in writing and counseling or guiding people, beyond therapy sort of stuff. and teaching people about how humans thrive and heal best, what foods and products to consume and which to abstain from, etc. I want to help unlock the inner artist and manifested divine spirit in everyone. I want to help people restore themselves a pure clear clean slate, or canvas, and motivate them to create from their heart and soul and live the life they were meant to or really want to. which funnily enough circles back to this very thread's focus hehe

I also want to create products, involving healing things and art. I took some really startling pictures of flowers at night and during the day with flash and camera movement, so it looks like they're moving flower souls! I'd love to see this art on walls or mousepads or purses or mugs or perhaps clothing, etc. I'd also like to create a clothing line of fruititis. pronounce that however you want I thought of this idea (though it may be done by others already but probably not in the way I want to do it) even before I fully realized that fruit was generally the most healing food on the planet. So I want to have slices or pieces of fruit, usually round as luckily most fruit obliges, on the chest, I guess more simply put it is akin to a coconut bra but with all sorts of fruit. so yeah it's probably been done a lot but at least I've never seen it so there's room to popularize it. I'm not sure if many people would go for wearing fruit on their front, but it'd definitely draw attention, and on the back of the shirt I would like to figure out a way to provide information to help educate people. I was thinking there could be a few key pieces of info, like an interesting historical or societal fact about the particular fruit, some information about its nutrition and ability to heal with cited research studies, as there seem to be some for each fruit, and maybe a recipe, though honestly part of my ideal lessons to teach are involved with raw mono-meals as that's the best way for us to digest food.. but some foods play or combine well with others so I could base them off of that. I guess that there could even be some kind of quote about the fruit, because when I think about it now, a lot of fruits have noteworthy quoteworthy sayings surrounding them. like something being just peachy, or going bananas, well not all fruits have such sayings but it's worth thinking more about. I forgot to add, for the more timid or whatever, I'd also make fruit baby tees, which have a single fruit on the belly instead of on the bosom.

Another idea I had for clothes (I'd love to just design clothes in general too besides t-shirts) is a heart-on-your-sleeve trend. that was part of my world saving plan. People could start creating their own, or getting gifted, or buying, a heart and somehow affix it to the sleeve, or have it on the shirt which I could still add that feature to my fruititis. but anyway, the heart could just be a patch, or could be a pocket. and people could put all sorts of things in there from crystals to essential oil diffusers or potpourri satchets lol, or carry little business cards or notes in there to spread the word about the world saving movement. More and more people would want to wear their heart on their sleeve and keep drawing attention to this movement of goodness, which could direct people to a website and then have like local offices when it got more popular.. til there were truth sleuths in truth sleuth booths on corners, there to provide answers, insight, and free information or fun to people who are interested in creating and living in a better world. I put a bit of thought into it and think that the movements need more presence and creativity for fun aspects that can draw a lot of people in carrying trends that will spread like wildfire. lol one idea was to flyer the bejeezus out of places, so people can't ignore the important truths anymore. plaster them on bus shelters and businesses and posts or wherever, and infiltrate certain popular events, especially in summer, with lots of flyers, on bright colored paper so people are less likely to litter, or if they do litter another person might see it and pick it up like a pretty piece of treasure. if we had the time and energy or resources we could fold some of the flyers into origami or like paper airplanes if trying to call attention to untoward things going on in the sky on a given day at an outdoor event where a lot of people are drawn. actually one flyer I made up and printed out, though I didn't do that, I wrote Why Isn't The Sky Blue? on it which I think is a pretty catchy title.

I would also like to make healing elixirs like herbal or other natural remedy based ones to take internally, but also essential oil ones to use externally. moisturizer potions and lip glosses and one more specific idea was Sugarplum Fairy Sweet Dreams Serum, which I designed a little prototype bottle or and it was fun and smelled delicious, with ylang ylang and some citrus oils in there mostly. another was Rosemary Mind somethingorothermaybemender and I have some glass bottles shaped like light bulbs so I thought it's be cool to put them in there. I think another one was Energizing Citrus Sunshine Elixir. So anyways those are some of the ideas I had. oh and one more is a simple toothpaste made with coconut oil, a little pink himalayan salt, activated charcoal, and peppermint essential oil, named Guilt-Free GirlScoutless Thin Mint Cookie Toothpaste. not sure if that is legal lol but I swear it bears a striking resemblance in taste to the famed thin mint cookies! and one more was Salted Popcorn Garland Gargle cuz it was around the holidays when I made that and the sugarplum fairy one up, and if you just put coconut oil with pink salt it sort of tastes like popcorn. not a substitution but similar enough. and many are aware of the benefits of oil pulling, or swishing with coconut oil, so even a simple recipe like that might be successful, who knows.. I am not sure how good it would be for teeth, but I used to add red palm oil to my popcorn and it colored it the bright dandelion stain yellow of movie theater popcorn and gave it a taste like that too, without all the insane ingredients they use. I also made a bug spray called Insect Reflect. I am not the biggest fan of the smell, but there's a plant/essential oil litsea may chang that was proven to be highly effective against mosquitoes in scientific study, and people I had try it said it worked. I made others with better scents but it probably needs an ingredient like that one. It doesn't really smell bad, I just don't care for it personally cuz it's similar to lemongrass and citronella and I don't like those scents very much. but it probably smells better than them actually, kind of like lemon fruit loops. and you can add other oils to modify the scent at least some.

I love essential oils so much and know they can replace all sorts of toxic or inferior products, so I'd love to offer them and design the containers cuz that is one of my favorite things to do. though it can be time-consuming and unstable cuz I use arts & crafts supplies like letter stickers and cut out sparkly paper and ribbons and stuff. and oil doesn't mix well with such things if it escapes its bottle. but I love putting a personal touch on the things and they look so cute! and I'm not sure if I could create any professional labels that could compare to that glitzy homemade look.. but I would have to eventually if I had a serious successful business. but my oil combining abilities are very limited with only a few successful scents being made and most combinations I make are trainwrecks so Idno at least I could start out with a couple that I do think smell great.

I also love painting though it's very amateur. and just designing and decorating random things. and also making jewelry and I have a lot of glass & other beads I haven't used for some years but I want to focus more on crystal beads. I'd have to use some of both, well a little bit of crystal since I don't have much of those at this point, but had recently stocked up on a lot of other beads and jewelry findings shortly before I put that hobby on hiatus. there are also these cartoon-type girls I've been making for like a decade. sort of like Bratz dolls but not quite.. and I copyrighted mine in my school sketchbook in 1998 lol but I guess they didn't get the memo before making their own billion dollar company. oh well hehe but maybe there is a place for my design or drawings. I used to draw pencil sketches too and found out how much I could improve after reading one book so I'd like to teach myself to draw more things now, especially more cartoonish things to make pictures and books for my baby daughter.

Another art project I've thought about putting up for sale is origamobiles I make. but the time it takes me to complete one doesn't really stand up to the low price tag I would be able to put on it. and high shipping charges cuz they've got to be packaged very carefully. You've probably seen origami cranes or other objects strung up and made into mobiles. I just made up the name origamobiles. I used mostly shiny metallic or iridescent neon paper for mine so I think they've got extra pizzazz. and the latest one I made for my sister I used origami stars on the strings too, which worked out better than I expected. I made one for my brother with gem bling stickers I just stuck together on either side of the string, so that looks cool too. He is actually interested in helping me become successful at something so he offered to be my first customer and counsel me on the process. He makes video games and online pixel art game things which is pretty awesome. He is really artistic too and an excellent drawer. but anyways it took me more than several hours to finish the origamobiles and shipping costs around $10 or more but one smaller one I sent to someone did only cost less than $5. it is really fun to do so I might just see if I can sell any that I make. I'm afraid to try and that I will fail at anything I attempt. but I know that that's not important and I've got to start trying somewhere. ya never know! but I was thinking I'd have to charge $30 for one to make it almost worth my while financially. but shipping would be extra so that adds up to a pretty expensive craft most wouldn't pay for. and $30 doesn't really reasonably compensate me for the time and effort I put into them. the materials cost pretty minimal though. oh I was also thinking I could add more elements to them, like beads, or crystal beads, or those volcano beads which hold essential oils so it could be an aromatherapy origamobile!

Wow I sure do go on lol no wonder I can't figure out what to do haha.. I also like cooking, though I want to eat mostly raw so that's a little bit of a problem.. but most people will never eat all raw so might as well make their cooked food with better ingredients than the norm.. I want to have a restaurant called Nature's Seat which is full of natural settings, running water like streams and waterfalls and lots of plants, and gardens that we use to feed people. A garden salad buffet where people can pick their own vegetables or fruit, and a lemon tree if someone wants it for their water. of course this idea could invite so many problems, but it might possibly work.

and whether I have that restaurant or a different one, I'd do special things to draw in customers, like free treat of the week, where everyone can get a free offering each week. but it would involve some commitment! I was thinking that there would be a theme each week, or it could possibly be monthly, and people have to come dressed for that theme with their treat cards in order to redeem them and enjoy it. and perhaps they would have a private secret dining or drinking area where they get served their treats so as not to ruin the surprise for other customers who'll have to come back next time to get theirs. or maybe curtains around the booths when people are eating their treats. I was also thinking that we would have mandatory photo shoots of the treat recipients dressed up in their costumery, that way is makes it extra fun, but you also have a mug shot of the patron you can hang on the wall so you'll know if they try to redeem more than one free treat in the week. but they could pay for a second one I guess. possibly they could get a free one every time they came back but that could get out of hand so probably not, and if it is a worthwhile treat they may want to pay for it next time anyway. the treat could be a dessert or appetizer or entree or drink or anything.

another idea, which may already exist, is a Juice Bar. which is open 24 hours or odder hours than usual, and is a non-alcoholic fresh juice and smoothie, herbal tea bar. alfalfa shots (gluten-free superior alternative to wheatgrass) and virgin daiquiris and the likes with creative offerings. fancy fruit combinations and awesome healing remedies like chaga tea and shilajit and such. This bar would have a lot of games for people to play and I forget what else but yeah I would probably definitely go there if I saw one in my area now! even though I am anti-social I think I would definitely go. and people could play drinking games without the headache and healing instead!

Okay I write quite a lot lol I didn't plan that at all. but I guess it feels good to get my dreams out in a more succinct fashion though I've written or talked about them before. I'm not sure how practical any are or how able to actually accomplish any I'd be. but I know I have to start somewhere. right now I am a stay-at-home mom, but that position is tenuous lol and I really do want to contribute to the household and help us live our other dreams which require money, so I've got to get a move on. I do have a lot of crystals to sell but I'm unsure how best to go about that either, though at least it's a solid product I have to offer which some people do purchase from elsewhere, so I should stop dragging my feet already.
one last idea lol I swear last one, it's Heaven Scent Matches, a match made in heaven! which I designed one of those big match boxes all prettily and thought it would be awesome if they had them stationed in public bathroom stalls, or for home use too. but then there's the whole that's like illegal factor so that won't work. but I was thinking there could be a better alternative that wouldn't be such a hazard. like something with incense or essential oils or something that just makes a spark or gets activated. I love matches, but the sulfur phosphorous and ingredients used for them is toxic anyway. the fire element is kind of a deal maker though so I'd really like to be able to sell open flames for public use lol. but if I do come up with a safer nontoxic and actually healing alternative that does ignite at least a little I could still market it for private home-use. the box just affixes to the wall somehow and slides open easily yet securely to reveal the treasure of matches at your disposal and voila no worries about bathroom odors, goodbye hellish stench, hello heaven scents!

All right I am really done now lol, looking forward to reading about everyone's dreams, realities and aspirations!
Old 16-12-2018, 08:58 AM
Ascender

My purpose in life is to be a husband and a father. I don't do either of these things perfectly but by the same token, I don't do a bad job at either.
As a zen monk once said "before I became enlightened I chopped wood and fetched water and since I became enlightened I chop wood and fetch water."
P.S. I don't really think that I'm enlightened.
Old 17-12-2018, 04:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunc
My purpose in life is to be a husband and a father. I don't do either of these things perfectly but by the same token, I don't do a bad job at either.
As a zen monk once said "before I became enlightened I chopped wood and fetched water and since I became enlightened I chop wood and fetch water."
P.S. I don't really think that I'm enlightened.

but don't you think someone also should have their own separate creative and experiential undertakings to truly honor and evolve themselves further? We are individuals afterall.. but I am a first time mother with a one year old now and I definitely gain from that role in unique unbelievably wonderful ways, and am excited what it'll inspire and create from me and with our relationship in the future, and I also have grown and done a lot of personal things as a result of my relationship with her father (crafty things like making him a cook book and a sparkling spitshine spa services pamphlet and stuff along with whatever else has happened in these two and a half years lol)

but I still think a person needs to reach out farther than that, for their own sake and the family's. do you want your wife to be content only having a role as mother and wife as her highest aspiration? I'm not saying it isn't the absolutely most important thing. but don't you want her to have hobbies and other activitiesapex or a career she cherishes? now from my post if you read even an inch of it hopefully you can see I don't agree with traditional careers, and I am talking about basically an interest that some hours per week are spent on resulting in monetary or other gain if money isn't needed, as a career or 'life purpose'.. So I'm sure there are other things that you enjoy and find valuable in your life, I don't really think you answered the question as I intended, perhaps I should've put a disclaimer besides a family member? Also I can't blame you if you didn't read a paragraph of my insanely long post, or this one I guess lol, but if you are reading, will you answer about if you had childhood aspirations and dreams, whether they were silly or serious?

I know that being a partner and parent encompass a lot and are the most challenging and rewarding jobs, for lack of a better word. that could be a separate thread in its own. but what do you think about my intended inquiry with this one? what things do you enjoy doing with and for your family or for yourself? Thank you so much for posting in my thread and bringing up this good point and different life's purpose which I agree is the apex. but what else?
Old 17-12-2018, 05:54 AM
Deactivated Account
If it were up to me, my only life purpose is to have fun.
Old 17-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
but don't you think someone also should have their own separate creative and experiential undertakings to truly honor and evolve themselves further? We are individuals afterall.. but I am a first time mother with a one year old now and I definitely gain from that role in unique unbelievably wonderful ways, and am excited what it'll inspire and create from me and with our relationship in the future, and I also have grown and done a lot of personal things as a result of my relationship with her father (crafty things like making him a cook book and a sparkling spitshine spa services pamphlet and stuff along with whatever else has happened in these two and a half years lol)

but I still think a person needs to reach out farther than that, for their own sake and the family's. do you want your wife to be content only having a role as mother and wife as her highest aspiration? I'm not saying it isn't the absolutely most important thing. but don't you want her to have hobbies and other activitiesapex or a career she cherishes? now from my post if you read even an inch of it hopefully you can see I don't agree with traditional careers, and I am talking about basically an interest that some hours per week are spent on resulting in monetary or other gain if money isn't needed, as a career or 'life purpose'.. So I'm sure there are other things that you enjoy and find valuable in your life, I don't really think you answered the question as I intended, perhaps I should've put a disclaimer besides a family member? Also I can't blame you if you didn't read a paragraph of my insanely long post, or this one I guess lol, but if you are reading, will you answer about if you had childhood aspirations and dreams, whether they were silly or serious?

I know that being a partner and parent encompass a lot and are the most challenging and rewarding jobs, for lack of a better word. that could be a separate thread in its own. but what do you think about my intended inquiry with this one? what things do you enjoy doing with and for your family or for yourself? Thank you so much for posting in my thread and bringing up this good point and different life's purpose which I agree is the apex. but what else?

My life is a fairly simple one. Like I said, running our family comes first. Sure, I have hobbies, I keep a vegetable patch and keep poultry, we've got a pet dog and a budgerigar. Together with my wife we occasionally go out and have a counter meal at the pub or watch a band. I have a few small bets on the horses and the dogs on the weekends but I spend quite a bit of time working and it's not because I love my job or my occupation but it's because I want to provide for my family.
Old 17-12-2018, 09:45 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Do I think I've found my life's purpose? Yes, I suppose so. However, I don't know what it is lol... :)
Old 17-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Master
I think, when we are ready, the main purpose in life is to realise our true nature.
Old 17-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Purpose/reasons for my life is always changing.

Be-the-change.

We start out { at birth } wrinkly and then when end { at death } wrinkly if we live long enough.

In between those two there is change.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 17-12-2018, 06:30 PM
Master

My life's purpose?

Be here, now.

Peace.
Old 17-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Experiencer
My life purpose is to be a knower. When you just know things. Its so simple. Im not there yet.