Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 17-11-2018, 10:14 PM
Knower
Are we sometimes in alternate realities when we dream?

in some dreams it feels like real life, like I'm in an alternate reality or something. Any one else feel the same way?
Old 17-11-2018, 11:00 PM
Master
i no wot u mean had dreams flt so rwal real wok up flt so dazed in confsd statt thng is it real or wz it a dream
iv had lot od dreams wear iv postd on her sum reped but in difrt ways sum simler but n difrt stroy mods of dream u cd cud say

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 22-11-2018, 02:11 AM
Suspended
Guide
I've felt this before a couple times it was an alternate life of mine, another time it was on a totally different dimension that had a very vivid look to it. I think it was my home as I felt nothing but peace there.
Old 24-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
Not sure this question can be answered but I have read that our soul can take on multiple lives at the same time so if that is the case it's definitely plausible for us to dream about another incarnation. Whatever it was I suspect it was dreamed to help offer you some insight into your current life. Some similar thread to be connected I suspect.
Old 24-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Pathfinder

Most all of my dreams make me feel this way. It is how we pass to a different reality when we die.
Old 25-11-2018, 06:52 PM
Suspended

I believe in the possibility that dreams can be a device reality uses to create alternative realities
Old 27-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quite likely. Perhaps dreaming in a certain sense, does take you to an alternate reality". There is no way to qualitatively say that this is "reality" and the other is "non real". We just take it for granted, when, in both instances, it is a chemical interaction in our brain.

Our brains seem to be able to tap into various altered states of consciousness using various methods, including by the use of psychedelics: https://www.tantricpagans.com/altere...consciousness/

Some of the experiences I've had with the use of psychedelics have been bizarre to say the least. DMT takes you into a whole different world altogether if you break through, and the experiences have no real way to be described using any of the tools in this plane of existence, including language.

I do somewhat subscribe to the notion that our brain actually acts as a reducing valve. A mere change in brain chemicals can drastically change our experience/perspective, and it may just be that our brain is a manifestation of a noumenon.
Old 27-11-2018, 02:43 PM
Newbie ;)

I don’t think dreams are alternate realities. My theory is that dreams are altered states of consciousness.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:18 AM
Seeker

I have done some sort of astral travel or something, where I went around visiting people I knew. It was a dream that started lucid, but it was much more fun than lucid dreaming.

It's kind of hard to explain what was so fun about it, it was more interesting and real than lucid dreaming typically is.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:28 AM
Pathfinder

From what I've read, our souls can travel during sleep, but for the most part I believe it's just our subconscious minds talking to us, so to speak.