Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 01:48 PM
dreamer

What if I write a chapter and you edit it and add descriptive bits to it?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:51 PM
kundalini

I'll PM you about this dreamer.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Thanks Kundalini, thats dreamers problem, he's full of ideas but only outlines, he sees the big picture but gets stuck on the detail - he's a sagatarius for Gods sake, what can you do??

Seriously though anyone wants to develop this story I'll go halves with them. Was thinking about an Alchemist style book, quite simple and accessable, not too long - the sort of book someone like me would see and think, yeh thats not too long i'll read it. (I can't face looking at books of over 140 pages, someone offered me the lord of the rings to read once and i was almost sick at the thought lol).

Dreamer, I've been a writer for over 50 years, and an editor for over 35 years. The best advice I can give you is to not think of it as writing a book. What you actually do is write a series of short stories, called chapters. Of course the stories all have to be related, and tied together, but it's a lot easier if you look upon that way.

That said, the vast majority of my published work has been short fiction and non-fiction. But I have edited a lot of books over the years, and with many of them, each chapter could stand alone as a story. But as K has indicated, you pretty much have to do the writing yourself. Any writer good enough that you would want to work with is probably busy with their own projects. And as K also said, there are low cost/no cost publishing options, so let us know when you get that far. On a side note, I'm a Sagittarius too, I think, and I read all the time.

John
Old 09-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Deactivated Account
ah saggitarius hmmm, great advice there john
Old 09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
BLAIR2BE

MUCH potential Dreamer; now you just have to convince yourself to write!!
good advice all around. i like kundalini's idea about seperate short stories that relate to one another.
if you write it, i will read it!!
(hmmm, i think i may try my hand at a book.....)
Old 10-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Enlightener

My god

**** man that story was brill!

I like the twist at the end, it really reinforces the concept of reality as a dream. Though I would like to see it in story format, to get a good idea of how you write, I could be very helpful at that stage.

Enlightener
Old 10-11-2006, 01:09 AM
BLAIR2BE

hey, ya may want to check this sight out...!!

http://www.peacecorpswriters.org/pag...k/bk100da.html
Old 10-11-2006, 02:44 AM
Pounamu

The Book!

Good on ya mates! Esoteric facts cast as interesting stories will get these things across to many people who wouldn't be interested in an esoteric factual instruction type of book... I can see the artistic inspirations coming out, and believe this will happen more and more with people! That's really exciting!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:41 AM
dreamer

Thanks for all your comments and encouragement, I've pasted the start of my story on the stories and quotes section, so feel free to comment, I will listen to any advice going (but I might not act upon it as I'm quite stubborn and overly protective of my ideas sometimes lol.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:33 PM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Thanks for all your comments and encouragement, I've pasted the start of my story on the stories and quotes section, so feel free to comment, I will listen to any advice going (but I might not act upon it as I'm quite stubborn and overly protective of my ideas sometimes lol.

Dreamer, you're right that you should consider any advice you receive only as suggestions. It's not even a matter of being stubborn or protective. You know how you want the story told, and since it is yours, that the way it should be told.

I would caution you against posting too much of it online, though. If you make it all available, no one would have a need to purchase it when you publish it later on. Besides, not that anyone who is a regular here would, but ideas do get stolen, so you might want to be careful. I do wish you all the luck in the world.

John
Closed Thread