Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Dawn

Broken but not worthless

It was some years back when I was still early on my spiritual path. My mom and I had gone to Wal-mart. Not sure why, but it wasn't for groceries I don't think.
I had found my way back to the art & crafts section and this one disc pendant, above all the rest, caught my attention. I had a bit of money in my pocket and was thrilled to buy this new stone.
I held her in my hand and jogged down the isles, towards the front of the store. Before I got to the front, however, I came to a sudden stop, wanting to slow down and prevent me colliding into anyone. When I came to that sudden stop, she slipped out of my hands and hit the floor with a CRRAAACK!.
I pick her back up and felt both disappointed and a bit sad. This pretty stone disc had been broken into two pieces. The only reason she hadn't fallen off of the packaging was because of a plastic thread that ran through it, keeping it surely affixed to the packaging.
What should I do? I couldn't just put her back and walk away. Should I give it to one of the cashiers?
Something compelled me at that moment to look at this broken stone. Really look at her. That's when she spoke to me. I felt it.
This precious stone was broken but not worthless. This was a lesson, not an accident. The form may be broken apart, but she was as priceless now as ever. Moreso even because of this lesson, because of this new bit of wisdom.
I understood that and knew I couldn't put her back. I wouldn't.
I found my Mom and we walked to the front of the stores, to the cashiers.
I handed the cashier my broken stone disc. The poor woman. She paused, look at it, seeing it broken apart, then looked at me.
"Are you sure you want to buy this? It's broken. You can go back and pick out another one," she informe me.
I understood how she felt. Really I did.
I just reassuringly smiled to her. "It's okay. I know. I still want to buy this one, please."
"Okay," she sighed as she rang it up. I could only begin to imagine what she'd thought about my purchase. Either way, I acquired this new stone.
I'd learned the lesson I'd needed to.
After getting back home, I took a bit of Elmer's glue and glued this stone back together. After which I took some thread, braiding it together, and slipped on three howlite beads.
I'm not sure why I put this little one off to the side. It had been left in the bottom of a box long forgotten for years. Only yesterday did it come back to my thoughts. This afternoon I found it and took it out.
Now, as I held this broken stone disc, I can still feel the energy that was originally with this the instant it broke. The top piece is female, the bottom is male. And the overall energy is soft and gentle.
I took my time this afternoon looking at the surface, almost as if seeing this again for the first time, brushing my thumb pad across the crack.

Currently it's hanging outside and letting it be in the sunlight again after so long. I have no idea what's in store next for this small group, but I can only hope I can help make every one of these as content and comfortable here as possible. Or, if not with me, someone else.

So, that's my story of this little group. Thank you for reading!
Old 24-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Master
What a lovely story. And the colors are quite beautiful, it looks like there's an arrow-shaped dark blue in the center (pic on the left), reminds me of the symbol in Star Trek. Do ya know what kind of stone it may be?

Old 24-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Dawn

Thanks for reading, SilverGirl. Glad you enjoyed it. Seems like most in my care came with a story all their own. (lol just now realizing this!)

No idea what stone it is, to be honest.

lol I didn't think about it looking somewhat like a Star Trek combadge. Back in my Trekkie days I would've squealed if I'd gotten my hands on a combadge that actually chirped. (All I was able to get was a metal pin. *^_^* Still loved it though!)
Old 24-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Master
Yay! she knows what I'm talking about! You do see that shape, then! Cool~*

If you decide to wear it, you can touch it and make the chirping noise yourself and pretend for fun!

Old 24-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Dawn

lol SilverGirl, I only have this much to say about it.

lol!!!

~*giggles*~ Beam me up, my lovely stone friend! ~*gently taps*~ We'll go to space: the final frontier! They will be the voyages of the nature woman, Dawn! Her continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new white lighted life and new divine civilizations, to boldly go where no woman has gone before!! WHOOHOOO!! \^o^/

~*vvrrrrr-FASHOOO!!!*~
Old 24-07-2011, 01:35 AM
nightowl

Hey Dawn,

This looks like it could be azuite malachite, it has wonderful properties, my sister uses it when she works with angels during healings.

nightowl
Old 24-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
lol SilverGirl, I only have this much to say about it.

lol!!!

~*giggles*~ Beam me up, my lovely stone friend! ~*gently taps*~ We'll go to space: the final frontier! They will be the voyages of the nature woman, Dawn! Her continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new white lighted life and new divine civilizations, to boldly go where no woman has gone before!! WHOOHOOO!! \^o^/

~*vvrrrrr-FASHOOO!!!*~

Dawn! You never told me you were a fast woman! Vavavoooom~*

Old 24-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Dawn

Namaste NightOwl,

~*perks up my eyebrows reading your post*~ Azurite malachite? ~*hunts on images.google.com*~ Oh wow! Good eye for spotting that!

Works with angels during healings? ~*is really starting to think it wasn't just a random, stray thought that brought this disc back to my mind after so many years*~
If you don't mind my being curious, how can a healer work with angels during a healing session?

lol SilverGirl, all depends on the day of the week and how much junk food I may or may not have snacked on. ~*hides a box of French pocky I've been nibbling at today and whistles innocently*~
Old 24-07-2011, 01:51 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
Namaste NightOwl,

~*perks up my eyebrows reading your post*~ Azurite malachite? ~*hunts on images.google.com*~ Oh wow! Good eye for spotting that!

Works with angels during healings? ~*is really starting to think it wasn't just a random, stray thought that brought this disc back to my mind after so many years*~
If you don't mind my being curious, how can a healer work with angels during a healing session?

lol SilverGirl, all depends on the day of the week and how much junk food I may or may not have snacked on. ~*hides a box of French pocky I've been nibbling at today and whistles innocently*~

Dawn,

I don't mind you asking at all. It is hard for me to explain since it isn't my ability. She has angels around her all the time. They direct her to who needs prayer and healing. The stone was given to her during a stone reading as it was a conduit for her, she uses it as a tool. Sometimes she will touch it to the area that needs healing while asking the angels to work with Spirit to bring what is needed. Her spiritual energy is connected with the azuite and coupled it with the angels, well it flows... that is kind of how it goes in summary.

Since it broke it could be you were meant to have two pieces with the same energy, from a whole, maybe for balance some how or one for each hand but joined by the same energy as when it was whole...just a thought.

nightowl
Old 24-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Dawn

Interesting summary, NightOwl, and thank you for taking the time to explain it.

>Since it broke it could be you were meant to have two pieces with the
>same energy, from a whole, maybe for balance some how or one for
>each hand but joined by the same energy as when it was whole...just
>a thought.
Very interesting thought there, if you ask me.