Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 18-09-2011, 06:10 PM
midnightstar

Can EFT be self taught

I'm just wondering if it could be self taught, on another thread Silvergirl suggested I tried it but don't think there's any practitioners for it near us. I'm just wondering if I could teach myself it?
Old 18-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Master
I taught myself ~ you just need what the 'basic' program is, and it's all over SF, just gota find the right thread ~ Xan is one member who has posted probably the most info on it and Mattie too, so I think if you look up their threads/posts, you'll find a link to the information you need. I got the info from my chiropractor and he emailed me the pdf, and then followed info I got on the forum, too, like extra tips and stuff.

Old 26-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Susitha

Hi
It depends on the issue being worked on. For complex issues better to take a consultation. EFT sessions are conducted over Skype. Please get in touch with me if you would like to have a session

Susitha
Old 27-09-2011, 04:07 AM
mattie

VERY Easy

EFT is EXTREMELY easy to self teach. The free information in the below link is more than sufficient.

http://www.eftuniverse.com/index.php...11&It emid=14
Old 14-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Master
Hello, Beauty dear..

My hubby found a great site where you can link to this practitioner via YouTube.. The way he does it is extremely easy, and we have found it to be VERY effective! I haven't been the same since I did it the very 1st time. :)

Just Google Brad Yates!

It's a life changer I tell you!

Oh & he is a great proponent for EFT for Kids! He wrote a book about it that I plan to get for my boys (who btw, have heard my hubby and I doing the online tapping and have just walked in the room and joined in!) called "The Wizard's Wish" I believe.. Not sure if I can mention that but again, just google the name + EFT and you'll get everything you need.

Blessings to you..♥

Cam/EM
Old 23-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Aquarian

Yes it can be but it's also quite easy to get wrong, particularly if you have issues with getting better...

And since it's somewhat incompatible with Western beliefs, if it doesn't work first time, people often assume it doesn't work (for them) rather than check if they're doing it right, or if they need to deal with reversals etc.
Old 17-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Master
i have tried though i was not keen on the idea of how it works. i do it more by saying a blessing as i tap points. i believe this is one approach, that you just consciously shine a light in specific places. i see it as reconnection between spirit and body by acknowleging the body and reassuring it that it's loved. i watched a few youtube vids and adjusted it to fit my way of doing things. i believe there used to be or still is tft or thought field therapy, which implies a mental as opposed to an emotional approach. i think you could approach it from a physical standpoint too. the fact that you don't have to believe it for it to work raises some interesting questions.

i did find some of the vids on youtube really quite unsettling. to me its a combination of acupressure and blessing...i say "bless this body i lovingly accept you, amen the love" as i tap. it's great for getting things moving and is surprisingly quick and noticeable. i do think it can be overdone as it's so easy and sometimes i feel it's better to let the body work through a block itself. i don't do it very often as i use other healing modalities but if i do use i only do it once or twice tops in any one day. i should say that i know little about it though research wise. thanks for link mattie, i'm gonna print that off for my sis.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 27-12-2011, 04:55 AM
MeditatingMama

I have used some EFT self taught and also signed up for the EFT package (from their website) it's worked for me... but then again, could just be the "belief that it would..."? Regardless I saw definite change and felt better after.
Old 27-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Aquarian

If it's not working for anyone, double-check the instructions in the manual, then ask for help.
Old 27-12-2011, 09:11 PM
iolite

Also, go to youtube and search for EFT, you'll find a lot a vids to get you started. Also, this is a good link too.

http://janethilts.com/resist-phrase