Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 29-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Master
uncons metapyshical cause of weight gain is usually protection, there are other factors such as stress, health problems, etc..
Old 30-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble
Sounds like you have been caught in a vicious cycle of guilt. It is not a matter of not loving yourself, you have grown accustomed to wanting to be the size the world thinks you should be.

I am chunky and the reason is not because I have some issue with myself, it is because that food taste so darn good. This lifetime was meant to be chunky..??

yeah, it's habit... bad cycle to be in. My problem was always self hatred though. I never cared about what anyone else thought of me, it was that i was never good enough to me. When i thrived in anorexia, i would compete with myself, i would insult myself, no one else ever said anything bad about me or contributed to it. For 11 years i lived with that habit, and it was hard to break, but if i never did accomplish anything, i wouldn't be able to be eating right now, so i have come far. i can stand to live with myself as i am now. Logically i know it is only fears that make me think i'm gaining weight. I still deal with thought patterns getting in the way at times.

I like your philosophy there, life is meant to be enjoyed, we are supposed to enjoy food. I don't think it matters to be a little chunky as i said before, it can mean you are enjoying life.

I know for me, especially after recovering from anorexia, that being thin is not at all great.

Obsession of food, starving and perfection never got me anywhere, just turned into more hatred, and darkness and led me to lots of physical ailments. I much enjoy adopting a new healthy relationship to food, where i love it, and it is pleasurable.

I like to give thanks and gratitude to my food, before i eat. I am very instinctual from ancient times, thus eating the food like i have hunted for it, helps me greatly. It makes me ponder at society, at how easy and unhealthy it is to have food easily obtained, so people forget to be thankful for it.
Old 14-01-2011, 04:05 PM
chartreuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
I am about 10-15 pounds overweight and it has nothing to do with loving myself. Some of it has to do with stress and jobs. I work the night shift under stressful situations and have a lot of stress at home. People who work night shifts in hospitals tend to be at least 10 pounds overweight and the night shift interferes with metabolism and circadian cycles.

I don't think 10-15 lbs overweight is the type of overweight Louise Hay was talking about.

I agree with whoever said it's not black and white, but as someone who used to be morbidly obese and is now within 20 lbs of her ideal weight, I can tell you that I was NOT loving myself when I was stuffing my face with unhealthy food. I did not tend to binge, but I just ate way too much of the wrong things most of the time.

I don't care what anyone claims, you DO NOT feel good after eating a heavy meal of processed, chemical-filled refined carbs and fatty meats. And when you are doing something to yourself that makes you feel bad, you are not loving yourself.

Part of loving yourself is making yourself a priority, and while I do know very well the incompatibility of modern life with healthy eating habits and it can be very hard to eat right, it's never impossible. You just have to be creative. Boil a dozen organic eggs on Sunday night and take those for snacks throughout the week. They are actually a fantastic, filling food that won't cause a sugar crash like so much of the **** in vending machines. Make up a pot of healthy soup and buy a pack of small, whole-grain rolls and some apples and you've got lunch for the week. And so on.

Love yourself enough to take the time to give yourself what you need.
Old 17-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Redrose

I have been battling with overweight problem, all my life, and I am a sensible eater, and active person. But I have had pent up emotional issues that have troubled me all my life. So I guess loving urself is not such an easy task, even though consciously I do love myself. I never abuse my body with incorrect eating or laxatives or fad diets. But i know under the surface, I still have to learn to love myself, as if i am the most cherished person in my life... rose
Old 17-03-2011, 03:53 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
It's just a quote from Louise L Hay, from her book You Can Heal Your Life, got me thinking, to the point it twisted my mind up.
Well, I believe everything else she says, but having a hard time grasping this one. I've seen overweight people who really do love themselves, the happiest, most confident people in the world, i would think if you loved yourself your body and you wouldn't care what weight you are.
I've heard people talking about fat, as being love.
What about Buddha?
I've also seen thin people, and they turn out to be some of the meanest most hateful people out there, maybe it's because they spend so much time trying to be that way...

In the old days, thin was viewed as being bad and unhealthy.

"When we begin to love and approve of ourselves, it's amazing how weight just disappears from our bodies."

Now I'm going to jump into the "Secret" the book. It say's you can envision yourself to your ideal weight, if you act, and believe in it. It says to take a look at those special people who say "I can eat as much as i want and never get fat!" They don't because they believe it. She even goes into further detail, and says that she doesn't even believe that FOOD is what makes us fat, it is our relationship and beliefs of it that do. So if we managed to eat, in a mindful way, and loved our food, believed it would make us thin and healthy, it would.

I was doing this for awhile, and it was working. But i'm having a hard time trying to shape this into concept for my own personal use. I'm overcoming an eating disorder. Her concepts are very good for me.

I'm not fat, my normal weight was actually nice and stable at the low end of what i should be, not too low to be considered dangerous or "anorexic looking". But my eating disorder plagues me with "fat thoughts". I've been using positive affirmations to get me through my recovery and it's working well.

BUT, i've also gained 20 pounds in a few weeks, possibly due to laxative abuse withdrawal, water retention, and constipation, also, it is known temporary weight gain happens while recovering from an eating disorder, but this is tripping up my positive thought work greatly!!! When i first started eating properly, and using the law of attraction, i lost a few pounds every day, probably not good. But suddenly, BAM 20 pounds up. Could be due to medical reasons, but i thought the law of attraction is supposed to even defeat that?
Maybe because i expect it will happen? I am trying, but it's hard to wrap my mind around it all. What should i do?

I don't think it is really that simple...Yes there are people who eat to comfort and self-medicate, just as there are people who deny themselves food for the very same reason.

Underlying medical issues like thyroid dysfunction is rampant due to the over abundance of goitrogens in our environment in the form of bromides and fluorides as well as iodine and vitamin D deficiencies that contribute to the thyroid dysfunction. Add to that the estrogenic toxins in the form of BPA's, perchlorics, pesticide and herbicide residue (which are also goitrogenic, btw) that cause a rise in cortisol in our bodies and resultant weight gain.

Adrenal stress is another factor that is brought on by environmental, emotional or physical stress leads to a slowing down of the metabolism, affects the thyroid and results in weight gain.

Then there is the avoidance of healthy fats like butter, coconut oil in preference of less healthier vegetable fats like margarine, and polyunsaturated oils. The healthy fats feed our bodies, help manufacture necessary hormones, sate our tummies and brains helping to reduce over eating.

Finally, the high frutose corn syrup that is in practically everything these days, play havoc with insulin and contribute to type 2 diabetes and obesity.

Even those with eating disorders can and are affected with the above.
Old 17-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Master
every summer i go into an involuntary fasting mode. i can't eat much because it makes me nauseous. i end up living on yogurt and Instant Breakfast and i become quite skeletal by summer's end. i think my boney way too skinny appearence is just as, if not more, unattractive than being fat. i look like a last stages cancer victim. my inability to eat a full meal during the summer has nothing to do with whether or not i love myself. it's the heat and humidity that kills my appetite.

there are all kinds of reasons why someOne might be overweight (by Western beauty standards) so i think making such a blanket statement as "fat people don't love themselves" is just rediculous.

oh and btw ... beauty concepts change from era to era, culture to culture. at one time women with rolls of plumpness and dimpled flesh were considered highly attractive. look at Peter Paul Ruben's nudes.
Old 17-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Administrator
At the end of the day we are all one, some are big some are small. i think if you can accept that you are half way there.

im not skinny im not fat. i am who i am.people should be accepted by all for what they are. i know this is not the case for all, but wouldnt the world be a better place if we were excepted just as we are?

Namaste
Old 07-07-2011, 01:26 PM
miss.hawaiki

Wow. So I'm gonna tell you a little story about my body lol. Here goes.

Ever since I was born, my weight as been up and down (mother fed me poorly lol too much should I say at times as she is over weight also which I figure is why we always had more than we needed in terms of food) anyway, when I got to 13 I became anorexic and bulimic and went right down to about 80 something lbs and then when I hit 17 within a month I stacked on about 40 lbs and now at the age of 21 and 5 ft 1 I am about 210lbs! I believe myself that the anorexia and bulimic was caused by a need for control. A need for control over my life (due to family and personal things that were happening that tipped me into my deep end) and the reason for my weight gain now, I believe is because I do not love myself or even care enough to be motivated to change anything. Simple as that and this is something that I am working on as we all have lessons to work through. In regards to believing that you are "skinny" honestly, I believe in the Law of Attraction BUT there is also a portion of discovering WHY you are a certain way in this case a certain body weight and you must work past that first.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:30 PM
miss.hawaiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
I don't think it is really that simple...Yes there are people who eat to comfort and self-medicate, just as there are people who deny themselves food for the very same reason.

Underlying medical issues like thyroid dysfunction is rampant due to the over abundance of goitrogens in our environment in the form of bromides and fluorides as well as iodine and vitamin D deficiencies that contribute to the thyroid dysfunction. Add to that the estrogenic toxins in the form of BPA's, perchlorics, pesticide and herbicide residue (which are also goitrogenic, btw) that cause a rise in cortisol in our bodies and resultant weight gain.

Adrenal stress is another factor that is brought on by environmental, emotional or physical stress leads to a slowing down of the metabolism, affects the thyroid and results in weight gain.

Then there is the avoidance of healthy fats like butter, coconut oil in preference of less healthier vegetable fats like margarine, and polyunsaturated oils. The healthy fats feed our bodies, help manufacture necessary hormones, sate our tummies and brains helping to reduce over eating.

Finally, the high frutose corn syrup that is in practically everything these days, play havoc with insulin and contribute to type 2 diabetes and obesity.

Even those with eating disorders can and are affected with the above.

Oh yes! I highly agree with what you are saying also. The amount of poisons in our food which from what I've come to "know" are purposely put there in order to slowly break down our physical body computers reek HAVOC with our bodies in every way shape and form, whether it be dis ease, mental or in this case, over or under weightiness due to the body not performing properly so that is also another factor besides what I've said above.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:34 PM
miss.hawaiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
yeah, it's habit... bad cycle to be in. My problem was always self hatred though. I never cared about what anyone else thought of me, it was that i was never good enough to me. When i thrived in anorexia, i would compete with myself, i would insult myself, no one else ever said anything bad about me or contributed to it. For 11 years i lived with that habit, and it was hard to break, but if i never did accomplish anything, i wouldn't be able to be eating right now, so i have come far. i can stand to live with myself as i am now. Logically i know it is only fears that make me think i'm gaining weight. I still deal with thought patterns getting in the way at times.

I like your philosophy there, life is meant to be enjoyed, we are supposed to enjoy food. I don't think it matters to be a little chunky as i said before, it can mean you are enjoying life.

I know for me, especially after recovering from anorexia, that being thin is not at all great.

Obsession of food, starving and perfection never got me anywhere, just turned into more hatred, and darkness and led me to lots of physical ailments. I much enjoy adopting a new healthy relationship to food, where i love it, and it is pleasurable.

I like to give thanks and gratitude to my food, before i eat. I am very instinctual from ancient times, thus eating the food like i have hunted for it, helps me greatly. It makes me ponder at society, at how easy and unhealthy it is to have food easily obtained, so people forget to be thankful for it.

Wow. I send much love to you. As I wrote below, I went to about 80 lbs from the age of 13 to 17. Now 21 I am about 210lbs. I know what anorexia is like and still battle with those thoughts, still battle with bulimia and it definitely is about perfection. A lot of people thought I was trying to be skinny and get attention and to look good but it has nothing to do with it. It has to do with having control over something, knowing that you are good at controlling your food which makes you feel that you are good in some way and getting something right because you feel like you aren't good enough. I send you all my love right now :) You will make it, we all will