Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Knower

Smile Vision and hearing

What quality is your vision and hearing when projecting? Are they more enhanced in comparison to the physical body?
I've heard experiences where people see more clearly than in physical and their eyes have the ability to see in a 360 degree angle.

Would this mean blind people can see in the astral plane?
Old 29-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Newbie ;)

I have little experience with this as I have not achieved AP yet, but I have opened my astral eyes a few times during sleep paralysis. The quality was blurry, but not as blurry as when I'm not wearing my glasses. Also, I did not feel hindered in any way by the blurriness. I'll have to get back to you on hearing. I have read that blind people can see during AP since they are not using their physical eyes. Hope that helps!
Old 29-03-2013, 02:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333xforever
What quality is your vision and hearing when projecting? Are they more enhanced in comparison to the physical body?
I've heard experiences where people see more clearly than in physical and their eyes have the ability to see in a 360 degree angle.

Would this mean blind people can see in the astral plane?

To answer your question yes blind people could see in the astral because it is not your physical eyes that are doing the seeing, it is your third eye. As far as the field of vision it is possible to see 360 degrees yes but it takes some training because your natural subconscious way of seeing is as you would see with normal eyes and so you will typically have an equal field of vision as you would seeing with your physical eyes. Everything in the astral can be much more vivid, colors can be brighter, and darkness can be darker than dark. Sometimes you will see clearly and sometimes you will have trouble seeing or not be able to see at all, this happens basically depending on the level of activity of your third eye while projecting. Sometimes with some focus you will be able to see and sometimes you may not. An interesting thing that happens to me occasionally is I accidently blink during a projection and even though my third eye doesn't need to blink after doing so it usually is difficult to see and requires me to re-focus my third eye to regain sight.
Old 29-03-2013, 03:18 AM
Guide
It depends on if the individual was blind from birth, or if they became blind after birth.

If an individual was born blind, they wouldn't have any concept of what it means to "see", hence when they project, they would experience reality as they know it... without what you would call "sight". There are other senses one can use to experience a reality. :)

If they were born with sight, yet lost it for some reason throughout their life... they would have a concept of what it means to "see", and would probably (depending upon how much they value that sight) see something. This would depend upon how long they've been blind and other factors.

What you experience in a projection is based upon your previous concepts and experiences. If you have no concept for something, your consciousness will "fill in the blanks" best it can.

For example... say you experienced a "dadipladood" while projecting. Tell me what you experienced. Describe a dadipladood to me. See what I mean? You have absolutely no concept of such a thing. So if you were to run into a dadipladood in the non-physical... what do you think you'll see?

Get my drift? :)
Old 29-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Master

Good thinking Xanth, I did not think of that.

My vision in the astral is just like seeing in the physical. I can see well and I can hear people as well. There are times when I do not see very well. When that happens I keep saying I can see until I can see very well.
Old 29-03-2013, 06:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
It depends on if the individual was blind from birth, or if they became blind after birth.

If an individual was born blind, they wouldn't have any concept of what it means to "see", hence when they project, they would experience reality as they know it... without what you would call "sight". There are other senses one can use to experience a reality. :)

If they were born with sight, yet lost it for some reason throughout their life... they would have a concept of what it means to "see", and would probably (depending upon how much they value that sight) see something. This would depend upon how long they've been blind and other factors.

What you experience in a projection is based upon your previous concepts and experiences. If you have no concept for something, your consciousness will "fill in the blanks" best it can.

For example... say you experienced a "dadipladood" while projecting. Tell me what you experienced. Describe a dadipladood to me. See what I mean? You have absolutely no concept of such a thing. So if you were to run into a dadipladood in the non-physical... what do you think you'll see?

Get my drift? :)

I don't agree at all there are plenty of people who were born blind and see things in their dreams. They might not see things that we can compare to in the physical world but that certainly doesn't mean they can't see anything. Quite frankly people typing on forums talking about what blind people can and cannot see is quite ridiculous. But if you want to know just read about blind people's dreams and you will see that with out a shadow of a doubt they would see stuff during a projection. After all it's not our physical eyes that do the seeing in our dreams and projections it is our third eye, unless the blind person had an issue with their third eye sensory than they are certainly going to see something in dreams and projections. As I suggested though you can read about it I am sure online. If you sit down in the darkness and stare at the blackness behind your closed eyes long enough you will begin to see into another dimension, at least I can. Blind people often are able to see spirits and entities in this other dimension because they have no choice but to look at the blackness. This is why over the generations of man there have been a lot of blind prophets, shamans, witch doctors, etc. Because they have nothing but time to look into the other dimensions. I have no doubt if you look up blind people's dreams on the internet you will find some interesting material, and after all dreams and projections are one in the same.
Old 29-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator
I recently watched a video about Near Death experiences, and there was a lady giving her account, who had been blind from birth. But during the NDE she could see.
Now -whether people enter a whole different zone during an NDE to an astral world we might enter when we are living, and projecting...I can't say. I imagine so, but don't know for sure.

I'll try and find the video, and post a link if I find it.

Out of body I can usually hear perfectly well, and see fine. But there are times when I can't see at all, either for a moment, or it comes and goes. That's rare but can happen. I can most of the time see OK. But can always hear. I have always noticed the sense of touch functioning perfectly well, but haven't noticed a sense of smell. Now physically I have a very strong sense of smell.
Old 30-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I recently watched a video about Near Death experiences, and there was a lady giving her account, who had been blind from birth. But during the NDE she could see.
Now -whether people enter a whole different zone during an NDE to an astral world we might enter when we are living, and projecting...I can't say. I imagine so, but don't know for sure.

I'll try and find the video, and post a link if I find it.

Out of body I can usually hear perfectly well, and see fine. But there are times when I can't see at all, either for a moment, or it comes and goes. That's rare but can happen. I can most of the time see OK. But can always hear. I have always noticed the sense of touch functioning perfectly well, but haven't noticed a sense of smell. Now physically I have a very strong sense of smell.

Tobi I think I have actually seen the video of the blind person who could see during an NDE myself. I also experience projections where I cannot see. Sometimes it starts from the second I leave my body and everything is just black. Sometimes it goes away after I fly up into the planes, sometimes it will go away after a few seconds or a minute or two of sitting there in the RTZ. As I mentioned in another thread I believe sometimes I accidently blink during a projection. It's like an automatic subconscious thing and everytime I do it by the time I have closed my eyes about to re-open them I realize what I have done because I know through trial and error that when that happens I can't see and have to re-focus my third eye. Sometimes it goes away quickly, sometimes it takes a while, and sometimes I never do get it focused and am able to see again. I just find it interesting because it's not like we have to blink our third eye and I wonder why blinking makes any difference, but it surely does. Perhaps my residual self has astral eyes, I guess it's a possibility. So if that is what is going on then I agree it's possible that a person born blind would have no residual self astral eyes, but they surely can see with their third eye just as we see during false awakenings, sleep paralysis, lucid dreams, and astral projections.
Old 31-03-2013, 04:06 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
I don't agree at all there are plenty of people who were born blind and see things in their dreams.
I don't suppose you can point out some links or proof about that? Because that's a pretty big claim to make.
If it's true, I'd love to read about it.

If there are "plenty", I'm sure it would be easy to find.

My research so far hasn't found anything.
What I have found suggests that dreaming (and by that extension) projection, revolves entirely around experience. If you have no experience of something, as I pointed out above, you have no reference for the action of it occurring. And not only that, but my own direct experiences confirms this as well.

But please, I'd like to know otherwise.
Old 31-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
I don't suppose you can point out some links or proof about that? Because that's a pretty big claim to make.
If it's true, I'd love to read about it.

If there are "plenty", I'm sure it would be easy to find.

My research so far hasn't found anything.
What I have found suggests that dreaming (and by that extension) projection, revolves entirely around experience. If you have no experience of something, as I pointed out above, you have no reference for the action of it occurring. And not only that, but my own direct experiences confirms this as well.

But please, I'd like to know otherwise.

Tobi said she will try and find the video of the person who was born blind that had a fully visual NDE. I will wait for her to try and find that because I know I saw the video myself but can't remember what it was on and called. I am sure if you google do blind people dream you will find plenty about it. What direct experience do you have? One person blind that you know that doesn't dream? Does every non-blind person remember their dreams? They certainly do not, some people don't believe they ever dream. I know that's likely not the truth and that everyone dreams, we all just don't remember our dreams. If I come across any of the previous material I have came across in the past I will surely link it, but I really don't have the time to go researching it at the moment. If I have time next week I'll do it, I just know for a fact that I have read people who were born blind accounts of their dreams and things of that nature. I don't disagree that what they see in their dreams would likely be different than from what a non-blind person would see, or what a person who wasn't born blind would see. But since it's not our physical eyes that do the seeing in our dreams then certainly it's not impossible for a blind person to see things in their dreams and projections. And that is me coming at the question from a logical angle not adding in the previous accounts that I have read and seen on random videos.