Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 23-04-2018, 12:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Internet companies?

Has anyone ever been employed and worked for internet psychic companies, and if so which would you recommend or not recommend? Also, what is your opinion on giving a reading in this format vs in person? I am looking for a way to get started using my gifts and it seems as though one would gain valuable experience going this route.

Thank you
Old 23-04-2018, 12:48 AM
Ascender
I wouldn't recommend psychic companies. I think all of them are fraudulent. I'm not sure if you are looking to make money off of your gifts, but they have a reading requests section here. You can offer your readings to get practice there. Maybe you could also try setting up a booth at a fair or, just somewhere in your neighborhood? You should probably check out local ordinances though. Sometimes you need a permit and other things.
Old 23-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for the suggestions. May I ask, what is it that you think is fraudulent about many of the psychic companies?
Old 23-04-2018, 02:02 PM
Master
Hello,

My friend does youtube video readings. The idea is to create a following. She does a mix of free readings will billable readings for those who are interested in that service.

Internet psychic companies do not appeal to me. I have looked at some of them, the so called top rated ones, and I did not feel drawn to being in their service. I like being more independant.

I suggest finding a nitch market which matches your particular skill set. It may well be the psychic companies you are asking about. Have you read your potentials for being in their service?

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 23-04-2018, 08:33 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi John, YouTube video readings sounds interesting. Although, I’d probably be more prone to just do them in person rather than go that rout. I have been offered a position with one of the internet companies, but I’m a little hesitant to get started. I guess maybe I am a bit afraid that I won’t be good enough or accurate enough bc I am inexperienced. I’m also not sure if I can do the fly by night quick readings that the average caller might be looking for, but am thinking of giving it a shot anyways. I’m honestly sort of winging it. I don’t even have any tools for which to use. I just feel a calling to this and not sure where to begin.
Old 23-04-2018, 08:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelight
Thank you for the suggestions. May I ask, what is it that you think is fraudulent about many of the psychic companies?

I think most of their psychics are frauds. They will give you very generic readings that can be applied to most people and/or simply tell you what you want to hear. Those companies are all about making money. They don't care if a psychic is real or not. As long as that person can connect and make others believe they are real, that's good enough for them. A lot of them will practice cold reading and it's a great trick. Most will fall for it. Like anything else, it takes practice to be good at. Once you are good at it, you can trick most people into believing you are psychic.

I would much rather go to a psychic here or that owns a private shop. You can usually look up reviews for them online. Or, if you get a bad reading, you can deal directly with them. If you get a bad reading with the companies, often times there isn't much you can do. You may not even be able to reach anyone to complain to. Or, if you get billed extra, you may encounter the same problem.
Old 23-04-2018, 11:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Lillybelle, with respect to your opinion many but not all of the psychic companies have a thorough interview process where abilities are appropriately measured before bringing a proclaimed psychic on. In addition, almost all of the companies do offer a dissatisfied client refund policy, in which case the psychic doesn’t get paid for that reading. Within any industry there will be good and bad companies, and it is my understanding that there are plenty of legitimate and talented mediums out there who work primarily via psychic companies.
Old 24-04-2018, 12:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi John, YouTube video readings sounds interesting. Although, I’d probably be more prone to just do them in person rather than go that rout. I have been offered a position with one of the internet companies, but I’m a little hesitant to get started. I guess maybe I am a bit afraid that I won’t be good enough or accurate enough bc I am inexperienced. I’m also not sure if I can do the fly by night quick readings that the average caller might be looking for, but am thinking of giving it a shot anyways. I’m honestly sort of winging it. I don’t even have any tools for which to use. I just feel a calling to this and not sure where to begin.

Hi,

Since you have been offered a position with an interent company, there must be a reason for them to consider you as a productive reader. I can appreciate your concerns about that lack of experience you spoke about. How can you be sure of what you can do, or not do. The answer is by making the effort to do it.

I would encourage you to give it that shot. I also do not use any so called tools. I can use tools however for the most part I do not. I do what you do.

I say trust your feelings. Your actual calling may not be exactly what this company has to offer. So you begin where the opportunities are presented. Then you feel your way forward intuitively.

If you have specific concerns about some thing in particular, send me a PM and I will give you my impressions/insights on it.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 24-04-2018, 10:06 AM
Newbie ;)

I surely will! Thank you so much John. You’ve been very helpful, and I appreciate it.
Old 25-04-2018, 01:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Has anyone ever been employed and worked for internet psychic companies, and if so which would you recommend or not recommend? Also, what is your opinion on giving a reading in this format vs in person? I am looking for a way to get started using my gifts and it seems as though one would gain valuable experience going this route.

Thank you

When I started really doing readings, I started doing them online on forums in places like this forum here... I have done both, in person, and online, as well as at spiritual expos and events. I've also done live readings on FB through FB live.

Online on a forum like this can be less stressful in my opinion. As it allows you to not have the face to face pressure of talking on one one with someone. As doing a reading, or even talking to someone, can be stressful in person. As you can see them react live. And there is no shortage of people online that you can give a reading too. Online can be an easy way to just practice using your gifts too.

Now doing a reading in person is a whole other ballpark. The energy is much more different in person, which can help the connection between you and the person you are doing messages for. Depending on what type of reading you are doing as well. Such as psychic reading, or if one is doing a mediumship reading. The one downside with online in places like a forum you can have those who do not give feedback to you, and so you have no way to gauge your progress or how you did.

Progressing with ones gifts really comes from constantly using them. Much like practicing any gift really. The more you do, the more comfortable you are, and the more you learn and grow. I wouldn't say any route is better for that. As long as you are doing what you love you will keep growing with it.