Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 13-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Henri77

More on TV mediums, psychics

There was a thread on TV mediums-psychics a while ago and a few names
I was unaware of (I don't watch TV anymore) came up.

Foe those who don't buy mediums as real, this segment-clip is one of the best
TV clips I've come across to demonstrate what is possible.
Yes,it could be easily staged, but then again perhaps this occurred exactly as presented, though edited for effect. (John Edwards on "Anderson"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-K4P...eature=related

If you have fave links to especially great psychic or medium demonstrations, or revealing interviews, please feel free to share.
Prior to that thread I'd never heard of John Edward

A revealing casual interview with him, about background, family.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInmj...eature=related
Old 14-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Henri77

I realize many equally talented mediums-psychics are never seen on TV, but some are highly visible and can educate the general public on things many have never witnessed or believed was possible.

John Edward seems highly articulate in interviews, avoids the glitz and is serious about demystifying the phenomena.
Old 14-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Master

Lisa Williams has her own show on cable a few years back, then it vanished. She is awesome to watch and seems very genuine. I found this on youtube and now I have to go watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qud-11gYR3U
Old 14-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Kaceykat

I luuuve Jon Edward and was a big fan of his show when it was on in the afternoon: would watch it every day while cooking dinner. So I jumped at the opportunity to be in a studio when he was doing group readings cold, about ten years ago. Well, he started to read the woman next to me, and then zoomed in on ME... eyes locked in, stating facts and describing pictures, and I panicked! LOL LOL that is so not like me, you would think I would have LOVED this, but not, and here he was giving me clues about a relative that made so much sense, but I just instinctively shook my head "no" and then he passed on to someone else.

It's like the contact was so electric, when he made eye contact, it's like I couldn't handle the high energy voltage! But everything he said in that short period of time made perfect sense. Now of course I wish I had just rolled with it duh on me !
Old 14-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaceykat
I luuuve Jon Edward and was a big fan of his show when it was on in the afternoon: would watch it every day while cooking dinner. So I jumped at the opportunity to be in a studio when he was doing group readings cold, about ten years ago. Well, he started to read the woman next to me, and then zoomed in on ME... eyes locked in, stating facts and describing pictures, and I panicked! LOL LOL that is so not like me, you would think I would have LOVED this, but not, and here he was giving me clues about a relative that made so much sense, but I just instinctively shook my head "no" and then he passed on to someone else.

It's like the contact was so electric, when he made eye contact, it's like I couldn't handle the high energy voltage! But everything he said in that short period of time made perfect sense. Now of course I wish I had just rolled with it duh on me !

He's a favorite of mine as well. I've read most of his books. What a lovely man.
Old 14-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Master
Cold reading Part 2 - John Edward - James Randi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EBql...e=results_main
Old 14-11-2012, 02:15 AM
Master

I refuse to read or hear James Randi do anything - and I refrain mightily from saying anything meanspirited about him, but the thought is there...
Old 14-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaceykat

In one interview, they put 4 mikes on his lapel, as John said he tends to "blow" out wireless mikes when he works, and needs safety backups,
Thanx for sharing your experience.

I wouldn't pay to see a stage show but a small studio presentation sounds cool.
Old 14-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
I refuse to read or hear James Randi do anything - and I refrain mightily from saying anything meanspirited about him, but the thought is there...

Ditto, he's the devil incarnate IMHO
Perhaps his original intentions were sincere, but I fear he's lost all perspective on truth and is serving ignorance rather than exposing it.

A sad bitter man.
Old 14-11-2012, 02:56 AM
Henri77

In one interview John observed that most TV mediums-psychics are overproduced,
packaged products, like corn flakes, and marketed as funny, scary, whatever... I guess this makes them appear as strictly entertainers, magicians.

Not to be taken any more seriously, than a tv sitcom.... and strictly as light entertainment .....

Massive exposure often comes at a cost....

Gary Spivy understood this decades ago , and created his own stage persona, one that works equally well at Cesears Palace, tv shows , or his seminars-workshops... people can see him as an entertainer or teacher whatever they choose. But the information-message still gets through.

TV producers, advertisers, understand TV audiences want to be entertained , not taught, and package the talent to fit the show format.... something that can compete with football, cop shows and light comedy.

Share any fave resources,video clips you wish, I expect we all may learn something.

Closed Thread