Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-11-2011, 12:24 PM
earthprowler

Teaching Mediumship

i have a question that i hope doesn't sound stupid. i know there seem to be teachers of many kind, some of mediumship that help to teach others. I taught what I know to myself......had a teacher for a split second but it seemed that I was teaching her more than she taught me (she taught a class weekly on meditating and I gave her the way I did it and it worked for some of the people that attended). When I first met her she told me that her guide told me she was to teach me. How was that possible? I was much newer at all of it than she was, she'd been doing it for years......what gives?

hopefully that made a little sense.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Distortedsoundz

Overall, I think that we as humans can always learn from each other no matter how seasoned or new we are at something. Someone can offer a unique perspective on anything, or spot something that someone overlooked or missed.

For instance, I'm only 31 years old, and I met a woman at my gym in her late 40s that was getting a divorce, going through a lot of stuff. We ended up talking a lot, going out to lunch, etc. When we were talking, she would often say "wow, I never thought of that." well, when she went to move back to California she sent me a long e mail thanking me for giving her so much insight about life before she moved on.
So even though she was older than me, I sent her packing off to the next chapter in her life with a bit more knowledge.

So, in short, never underestimate your ability to be helpful to others, or be helped by others no matter how long you've been doing something.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Serenity Bear

Teachers become pupils and vis versa, that is what teachings is about not just mediumship.

The importance lies with the respect and discipline, when that is lost the teacher/pupil cross over doesnt work and the ego steps in.

As far as mediumship is concerned, it is also depends on the Spirit Guides of yourself and the teachers.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Master
Think of it this way. The more we help each other, the better off we are.

The primary source of love and wisdom is each person's inner self. Many times that self will speak to us through others.

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 09-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
i have a question that i hope doesn't sound stupid. i know there seem to be teachers of many kind, some of mediumship that help to teach others. I taught what I know to myself......had a teacher for a split second but it seemed that I was teaching her more than she taught me (she taught a class weekly on meditating and I gave her the way I did it and it worked for some of the people that attended). When I first met her she told me that her guide told me she was to teach me. How was that possible? I was much newer at all of it than she was, she'd been doing it for years......what gives?

hopefully that made a little sense.

patience...because you can be stronger in an area and she will have knowledge in an area that you dont..but to acquire that knowledge takes patience.. i feel like your excited motivated and patience is hard because you just want the answer...my guides still work with me on it.. if i do all the talking how can i learn anything new..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:00 AM
mac

earthprowler

i have a question that i hope doesn't sound stupid. i know there seem to be teachers of many kind, some of mediumship that help to teach others. Can mediumship be taught? Or is it that a teacher will help to bring out what's already in there? I taught what I know to myself......Self-taught really means that you learned by yourself or maybe you already had, unrecognised, within you much of what later emerged as your knowledge, your understanding......

had a teacher for a split second but it seemed that I was teaching her more than she taught me (she taught a class weekly on meditating and I gave her the way I did it and it worked for some of the people that attended). Perhaps you only worked in areas which were unfamiliar to her or where she had no depth of understanding to try to teach others? That's often not realised by the would-be teacher who may believe she/he has all they need to teach others.....

When I first met her she told me that her guide told me she was to teach me. How was that possible? Ask yourself what you think a guide is for - do they know the role of any individual in every situation? The answer is that some may and others may not, all depending on their own understanding and ability. Sometimes they'll get it right and at other times they won't.... I was much newer at all of it than she was, she'd been doing it for years......what gives? Years at it may only imply she's been doing the same stuff all that time but that 'stuff' may not be what you needed.....

hopefully that made a little sense. I hope my responses have for you?
Old 04-12-2011, 05:40 PM
deepsea

But does teaching from another source help us in any way?
I'm not a medium but have had various,what shall I call them,'messages' or information come to me that have nothing to do with me or my life or any of my family who have passed in the past years.

Sometimes I offer them,most times I keep them to myself.
I would rather slowly develope on my own,letting each experience build up my confidence bit by bit.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Medium_Laura

I learn from ALL my students. There are sometimes information that comes in differently from a student and I accept it graciously and it helps me see things differently. As a medium, we are born like this, we have to learn to teach it. It's not the easiest thing to explain! We know how, we just don't know how to tell YOU how. ! :)
Old 05-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Occultist

Teaching mediumship sounds like trying to teach a blind person with no eyeballs to see. Either you have the gift or you dont. Many incredible gifts out there I am sure everyone has at least one. So remember if anyone asks you for money to teach you this or any other paranormal gifts run.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Jules

When the pupil's ready, the teacher appears .. One day the pupil, the next day the teacher. These 'gifts' we've been given imo are there to be shared. When one has a strength then show a pupil what works for YOU. But remember, each and every one of us are individuals and you'll work in your own way with your own team.

As for learning by yourself, yes to a degree you will gain your own insights and answers, but when you're first starting out and don't really understand what you're doing then the best way forward is to find a more experienced medium who can help you understand at least the basics and help build your own confidence and trust.. which a good teacher will do. They'll help you expand your own abilities without putting their own ego into it. There is no right or wrong way - it's what feels right to you. Trust your instincts, that's a massive lesson first and foremost. TRUST. Trust in self, in Spirit. Ask questions of your own guides. If something doens't FEEL right, then it usually isn't the way it's meant to be with YOU.

And whilst you're learning from your own teacher, they will in fact be learning lessons from you too. As long as they are open to it without jealousy then it'll be a two way streak. We're ALL always learning, however 'wrong' (grr) it may seem to someone else. Just listen, be still and be guided by your own inner guidance.

Hope that helps xx