Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Yuh know the one thing I've never needed is 'faith' since learning the message of survival, and from reading the words of guides and teachers closely associated with Spiritualism's philosophy.

I didn't need the church, others do. And the message can be found elsewhere without needing to visit a building. The church is a meeting point for like-minded individuals. If you find you don't share the approach of the individuals or congregation, so what? You don't have to. Doesn't mean you're wrong and they're right or vice versa.

You just see things differently but the message of survival is never different - and that's what really matters
How very very true is that mac.

Certainly recently, there seems to be so much discord within the movement, ego getting in the way, the backbiting, jealousy etc it's time for one and all to realise it's what's inside your own heart body and soul that counts. One's own truth, belief, and trust is what matters.

Yes it's good to hear differing opinions, getting what you need form every one you come into contact with. But ultimately it's down to the individual and if the new wave seems to be letting go of ego, disillusionment, judgement and fear then the way forward is to teach by example. Don't just walk the walk or talk the talk. Walk the talk and light a spark of light where you can.

People just need to recognise everybody is on their OWN journey, working from a different vibration. No right, no wrong way. It just is. Perfect in the moment.

Acknowledgement, acceptance and trust in self AND Spirit is what's important. Listening to your gut instinct with what resonates and what doesn't all helps to achieve your own sense of Nirvana.

Love light and laughter
Namaste
Jue
x
Old 08-02-2011, 05:31 PM
equuslife

I have recently become interested in the Spiritualism beliefs. I have a strong apprehension about attending a church or organization for many of the reasons mentioned here.

I would appreciate your input on resources such as books, websites, etc. to explore this belief further on my own.

I do not mean to hijack this thread with my own intentions, but thought perhaps those struggling with the complications of practicing Spiritualism with others might benefit from more access to information that we could obtain to pursue our interest privately.

Thank You.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:39 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by equuslife
I have recently become interested in the Spiritualism beliefs. I have a strong apprehension about attending a church or organization for many of the reasons mentioned here.

I would appreciate your input on resources such as books, websites, etc. to explore this belief further on my own.

I do not mean to hijack this thread with my own intentions, but thought perhaps those struggling with the complications of practicing Spiritualism with others might benefit from more access to information that we could obtain to pursue our interest privately.

Thank You.

Ordinarily I would have immediately referred you to a source of books which was first-class but it's recently stopped trading and I don't know of an alternative - not much help!

There are websites where the principal focus is Modern Spiritualism (to use the full name) but discussions aren't necessarily the best way to learn.

Later I'll pm you with a few suggestions when I've had chance to collect a few web addresses.

mac
Old 08-02-2011, 05:48 PM
equuslife

mac: Thank you so much. I value and appreciate your input.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:00 PM
thinkgood

Just being in a church full of like minded people full of love and light you will regain faith in ultimatly yourself.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:21 PM
equuslife

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkgood
Just being in a church full of like minded people full of love and light you will regain faith in ultimately yourself.

Yes, and faith in humanity as well. But when this goes wrong, and it frequently does for me, it is devastating.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:27 PM
StoneAgeQueen

Wow. I go to a spiritualist church which is the total opposite of everything described here, and yes they are part of the Spiritualists national union. It's totally free of ego and everyone has their own beliefs. This makes me appreciate it even more..
Old 08-02-2011, 08:43 PM
deepsea

Sorry I am late in answering this but finally found time to come in and take a look.

Some interesting answers there.

I sometimes feel that spiritualism is a 'hit or miss' subject that we all have to come to terms with.
Either we are interested or not. I am very interested and have a little pyschic ability. I am not a fully fledged medium,but do receive some information now and again.

This stopped a while ago and have had nothing for a while now.
I was advised through a message to find a trance medium to assist my late husband to come through to me.
Where do I find a trance medium who is willing to do that?
They don't grow on trees!

I have a friend who is trying to help me,by finding a open circle in my area but not getting very far at all.
It is like a closed shop where ever I go.
So am becoming very frustrated with the whole buisness and my confidence is going down the pan.

Anyway,thank you for all the advice and help that has been offered today.
God bless you all.

Deepsea
Old 08-02-2011, 09:23 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen
Wow. I go to a spiritualist church which is the total opposite of everything described here, and yes they are part of the Spiritualists national union. It's totally free of ego and everyone has their own beliefs. This makes me appreciate it even more..

I'm pleased to learn that your church is so good for you and that egotism isn't a problem.

I'm a little surprised, though, to hear that "....everyone has their own beliefs." I always make the point that Spiritualism requires no belief as it has provided ample evidence (over the years it's been established) of the principles it teaches, its philosophy, the message of survival beyond corporeal death....

Additionally there are the Seven Principles by which the religion of Spiritualism is defined and to which churches and societies forming the SNU all subscribe.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:38 PM
mac

"I sometimes feel that spiritualism is a 'hit or miss' subject that we all have to come to terms with."

Maybe that's because so few are sufficiently knowledgeable about Modern Spiritualism to properly discuss it? If that were the case one might expect many more misses than hits.... Speaking purely on a personal level I've found the only thing I have had to come to terms with is the little exposure that 'ordinary' folks have to its teachings - and that's sad...

"Either we are interested or not."

I'd put it that nowadays society is more interested in the 'spooks' part - well the 'spooks' part they think it's about - than the teaching it has to offer concerning life itself.

It's not all about death and spooks - as well you know.

What amazes me (well it used to amaze me) is how individuals can know about life and our surviving our own deaths and yet become despondent because communication isn't straightforward, not like using a telephone or the Internet.

Really and truly the only important communication is the one which makes an individual realise that those who've passed over are not gone for good - and then they can look further into why that is should they wish.

I look at matters as a simple-minded guy. If big G had wanted us to be able to routinely communicate with those who've gone before, then big G would have made that provision in our lives for it to happen.