Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 27-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Ascender

The story of the near neighbours and the owl.

Hello all. This story is based on a humorous tale heard somewhere--and I cannot now remember where. I am simply retelling it in a slightly different form. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, and still do.

We begin our story on a new housing development built upon land which was previously woodland. The developer, mindful of how attractive folk would find house built with their gardens backing on to woodland had arranged for areas of woodland to be left undisturbed and for houses to be built around these areas with their back gardens each backing on to woodland. They were soon snapped up by folk wishing to retain some contact with undisturbed nature.

However, not that many people walked around the development, most drove to and from their driveways. Because of this the opportunities for neighbours to meet were few. There were though some who regularly walked their dogs, and one day two dog walkers together with their dogs on leads met, and because they had previously seen each other and recognised each other decided to break the ice and talk to each other.

Hello, I have seen you walking your dog, whereabouts do you live?

Just around the corner from this street, and which is your house?

A couple of doors down from where we are now. Do you see the one with the magnolia in bloom in the front garden? That's it.

And how do you like it here?

Love it, love it. -and my partner really loves it.--The trees at the back, the wildlife. Do you know, every evening he goes to the bottom of our garden and spends a lot of time making owl noises. He says he regularly exchanges conversation with the same owl, he is very excited about it all.

Well that's amazing, quite amazing.

Yes I suppose it is really.

No I mean it's amazing, an amazing coincidence. My partner does exactly the same.

petex with thanks to anon.