Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 21-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Suspended

attachment i think is kinda like worry, not positive but i can list 100 things ive manifested by simply thinking about it, thinking about doing it, just litteraly sitting there on the couch thinking about how i wanted something, and then within a few days sometimes hours, it shows up.

so i think detachment is literally not worrying.

for instance think about something small in your life, for me it was a vacuum cleaner, i stood in my room thinking about how i needed to vacuum my carpet because it was getting WAAAY too dirty, within a week i had like 3 vacuum cleaners.

so for example you want more money by winning the lottery, but you keep watching the lottery numbers in hopes that yours will show up. this is an act of worry. Im not saying you cant watch the numbers or think about them showing up, but you have to be detached, sadly i cant draw a picture of how it feels because thats impossible but try to remember your smaller manifestations and how they came to be and gradually you will learn that feeling.

think about yourself as if you were a slinky, your at one end being the present moment and the future is at the other, then think about how you feel once youve acomplished your goals, hold onto that feeling or perhaps just lock onto it for a few moments and then as long as no feelings of doubt come up, you will have what you want, its an undeniable law.

i personaly dont believe in having to learn something, unless its learning what you need for the moment (obviously) but i dont think there are things in life youll never have because of pre-destiny or in this life you have to learn how to be poor, or how to learn how to not let bullies get the better of you and therefore will be bullied your entire life or never have a good job, never sleep on a bed :( or any of that stuff. i have seen impossible things that have left me with the belief that this life is mine to do as i wish, and yours is yours, and theirs is theirs
Old 21-01-2016, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Poet
I have been striving to practice detachment when it comes to certain areas of my life. I know how important this is when one is striving to fulfill their visualizations. From post successful experiences, I do know that this is a key component in manifestation. But lately, in a couple areas of my life, I am struggling to do this. Thus, as a result, I seem to either not be getting very far--or anywhere--at all in bettering these areas.

Does anyone here have some advice on detachment? I meditate and practice spiritually in many other instances. However, I was born with one of those minds that goes on a loop, playing over doubts and fears. 'Tis awful.

Manifesting and detachment are vehemently opposed.
If you are truly detached you know, what you need will come to you. It just does. The universe provides. It's that simple.
Old 21-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
It's not easy to detach yourself from things, it takes time. I think it helps to ask yourself why you are seeking to detach, what are the alternatives? And what thing or things might you not be able to let go of?
Old 23-01-2016, 07:27 AM
Experiencer
You know that you let go or detached, when you are fully enjoying and appreciating your life now instead of waiting for manifestation to fulfill you. But the question was HOW to let go. I think by simply enjoying the NOW. Enjoying the blessings you can experience now. That is abundance based mindset -seeing it in every moment instead of seeing lack.
Old 23-01-2016, 08:11 AM
Master
Thankyou Joyfirst I think you might be onto something there...

I was just walking in the forest and my mind was a little lost so I started saying Joy runs through my mind my body and my soul ,the trees heard me and my whole arms came alive with like electricity all over them,and in and around my heart chakra ,oh that's right when it intensified I had goosebumps everywhere ,it was magically joyful and so sweet and healing ,as I said thankyou for it it intensified like a bright light of electricity veins over my right hand ...
Old 28-01-2016, 04:37 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
Thankyou Joyfirst I think you might be onto something there...

I was just walking in the forest and my mind was a little lost so I started saying Joy runs through my mind my body and my soul ,the trees heard me and my whole arms came alive with like electricity all over them,and in and around my heart chakra ,oh that's right when it intensified I had goosebumps everywhere ,it was magically joyful and so sweet and healing ,as I said thankyou for it it intensified like a bright light of electricity veins over my right hand ...
:) Yes, you were being and experiencing the forest and your own body.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Poet
I have been striving to practice detachment when it comes to certain areas of my life.
I know how important this is when one is striving to fullfill their visualizations.
From post successful experiences, I do know that this is a key component in manifestation.
But lately, in a couple areas of my life, I am struggling to do this.
Thus, as a result, I seem to either not be getting very far--or anywhere--at all in bettering these areas.

Does anyone here have some advice on detachment? I meditate and practice spiritually in many other instances.
However, I was born with one of those minds that goes on a loop, playing over doubts and fears.
'Tis awful.
Hmmm...we have Buddhism...that talks about detachment...why? Because
Buddha said, Desire was a source of suffering.
(Correct me if I got that wrong.)

I say boldly... That is not correct...Unfulfilled desire is a source of suffering.
There is no reason why everything you desire can not be fulfilled.

UNLESS, you are double minded...you say you want one thing, but unconsciously you know this is not
really what you want....you are sending double messages ...so nothing happens.

So people think they need to have no expectation ...because they must hedge their bets, as in,
"What if it doesn't happen?"

Expectation is part of manifesting what you want! This is not
the practice of Buddhist beliefs.

You do not know me...but I manifest everything I want...(there was
just that 1 thing that didn't manifest because of interference.)

So chose...be detached or know you can be and do and have anything you want...within the Will of God...
which means you don't asked for protection while robbing a bank...that just doesn't fit into the System.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Pathfinder
Well, you know .. it was Buddha.

Desire is most certainly a source of suffering .. his lesson was just that.

Be happy with what ever life has given you and do not desire more or less.

You are speaking of desire as unfulfilled wants .. or even needs .. totally different thing.

And the ability to manifest more. In your case .. everything you desire you manifest. .. which I am really hard pressed to believe unless all that you desire encompasses only base materialism..

I am not meaning to be flippant or arrogant .. If our every desire is accomplished you can be sure .. as human beings .. there will be someone else that pays the price.

Robbing a bank is a major 'outside' influence .. but what more, is the justification for Spiritual harm done by manifesting your every need?

Just saying.

I am still struggling to understand what everyone is speaking of .. detachment. As in meditation? As in pulling away from the outside world? As in not giving a .. well?
Old 10-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Newbie ;)

Anxiety and desperation are the opposite of detachment. When you're desperate for something you push it away from you. Detachment is being relaxed about everything and trusting (knowing?) that all your desires will manifest for you.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hmmm...we have Buddhism...that talks about detachment...why? Because
Buddha said, Desire was a source of suffering.
(Correct me if I got that wrong.)

I say boldly... That is not correct...Unfulfilled desire is a source of suffering.
There is no reason why everything you desire can not be fulfilled.

UNLESS, you are double minded...you say you want one thing, but unconsciously you know this is not
really what you want....you are sending double messages ...so nothing happens.

So people think they need to have no expectation ...because they must hedge their bets, as in,
"What if it doesn't happen?"

Expectation is part of manifesting what you want! This is not
the practice of Buddhist beliefs.

You do not know me...but I manifest everything I want...(there was
just that 1 thing that didn't manifest because of interference.)

So chose...be detached or know you can be and do and have anything you want...within the Will of God...
which means you don't asked for protection while robbing a bank...that just doesn't fit into the System.

Well it's semantics really. One way of looking at it is to get what you want you shouldn't be a control freak about how it's going to happen because desires usually manifest in the most unexpected ways.